Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-23-2019, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Default More Us European Theatre Stuff?

The pacific is great but whole game lacks US European theatre planes
maybe in future updates
French planes?
C-47 flyable
B-17 flyable
A-20 Havoc flyable (European theatre I don't know variant letter )

speaking of A-20s
wiki says VVS had more A20 havocs than USAAF through lend-lease.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmovikfan101 View Post
The pacific is great but whole game lacks US European theatre planes
maybe in future updates
French planes?
C-47 flyable
B-17 flyable
A-20 Havoc flyable (European theatre I don't know variant letter )

Glad to see you got your 4.14.1 update sorted out sturmovikfan.

Latest discussion from last month on flyable C-47 family is here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229955

Don't know about B-17. Someone from Daidalos Team may be able to answer that.

A-20 Havoc already flyable in A-20C & G versions so not sure what you're asking for there.

Also worth noting if you're not aware, the developers have had major legal problems with US companies wanting licence payments to model their historical aircraft (yes corporate greed, I know), so are reluctant to add US content. It doesn't hurt to ask though. I'd love to see more US and British content too!
Old 06-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmovikfan101 View Post
C-47 flyable
in progress

Old 06-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
I'd love to see more US and British content too!
yes ... me too

Old 06-23-2019, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

about A20 for VVS RKKA ... there was one isssue... we can replace US defend turret for UTK-1 with UBT MG ... but more imoprtant question is - what bomb sight was used on that A20 ... i don't see any reff where and how ... was mounted OPB-1 in A20 ... if OPB-1 was used there... so issue in nose nav pit ..

Old 06-23-2019, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

and btw B-17 one of my Biggest Dream ... but it's a Huge project ... for now i don't feel enough power for it... i already few times try to start or help with some B-17 projects ... in HSFX flying some unfinished B17 to which i put some effort ..

Old 06-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

I think about two american planes that are really missing:
P-47C and an early P-38, for example a G variant.
Also, making the B-25C flyable would be an awesome addition for european theatre, (brits used them widely) and would be quite easy to do compared to other bombers, cockpit could be taken from the J, only the pilot's insturment panel would need changes, and there are lots of good quality reference photos for that.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
Also, making the B-25C flyable would be an awesome addition for european theatre, (brits used them widely) and would be quite easy to do compared to other bombers, cockpit could be taken from the J, only the pilot's insturment panel would need changes, and there are lots of good quality reference photos for that.
I think it would require a little more than that. The C version was an improved B version as far as I know. It would require repositioning of the dorsal turret to the rear of the fuselage and the addition of a retractable, remotely operated ventral turret. The latter atleast for early C versions. Then the tail gunners position has to be removed and the tail remodelled.

However, since it was the moste widely used B-25 version used by the R.A.F. it would be very appropriate for the game. Especially considering the upcomming Channel maps.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

Its doable, it already exists that way, just needs fm tweak and a revamped pilots cockpit, retractable turret can be ai only. But we need for pacific theatre B25 gunships on either C or D models. Once again already available as mods as well, including late D with waist guns and tail gun.
But for european definitely need early P-38G and P-47C, both would fit in nicely in pacific as well. And for the axis an early Fw190 variant. Spitfire Mk 1 and 2 as well. But no way we can have them all, i think there is a plane limit somewhere in the code etc, perhaps slot consolidation for spitfires by clipped wing as an armament would help??
Old 06-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
I think it would require a little more than that. The C version was an improved B version as far as I know. It would require repositioning of the dorsal turret to the rear of the fuselage and the addition of a retractable, remotely operated ventral turret. The latter atleast for early C versions. Then the tail gunners position has to be removed and the tail remodelled.
I mean, there are two cockpits that could be taken from the J, the bombardier's and the top gunner. The ventral gunner would be used like in the Pe-2 or He-177 rear position, not just AI only.