Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Ctreature skil system the only thig which might gwt me into it but as Wotn was so bleh i doubt
Old 01-27-2014, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

So for the first time they decide to do some DLC for a King's Bounty game and they do it for the game that it seems everyone agrees is by far the worst in the series (all the other KB games were good to great in my opinion).

I planned to buy this DLC until I read that it is uses the WotN campaign. You can't dress up a pig and make it into a princess. I would rather have paid twice as much for a small stand alone game that was developed by anyone other than the team that developed WotN.

I would only consider buying Ice meets Fire if you can play the DLC with a new hero, new troops and you can ignore the rest of the game.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Seems to be awfully lot of negative response regarding the DLC and the original WotN game. I thoroughly enjoyed the WotN, my only gripe was the lack of randomness in the game. I understand that it might be difficult to balance the game difficulty with a lot of randomness, but I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the balancing for the replayability value, hopefully the DLC addresses that concern.

Since this series nowadays seem to be the only CRPG that has kept me glued to the screen, I'm really eagerly awaiting for the DLC and especially the skill/progress system to the troops, should add a nice element to the game. I really do hope that in the future we will see a completely new KB game, there's just so much potential and there's hardly any good turn based tactical RPGs coming out any more. Thumbs up to the developers.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopuli View Post
Seems to be awfully lot of negative response regarding the DLC and the original WotN game. I thoroughly enjoyed the WotN, my only gripe was the lack of randomness in the game.
Did you play "The Legend" and "Armoured Princess"?
Just asking because I am surprised about your reaction to WotN - maybe you lack perspective?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
Did you play "The Legend" and "Armoured Princess"?
Just asking because I am surprised about your reaction to WotN - maybe you lack perspective?
I guess if I hadn't played and completed all the previous KB games I might consider WotN to be a good game. Although they seemed to have tried their hardest, the developers of WotN didn't manage to completely destroy the great KB gameplay. But the previous games were so much better.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

I'm replaying The Legend at the moment for the first time in five years, and while there are some downsides to the game (huge campaign, 500+ fights and only 30 levels = grinding) the level design is excellent, the quests are varied and interesting. That wasn't the case in WoTN, sadly. The campaign just didn't receive the same attention and crafting that TL and AP/CW had.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
I'm replaying The Legend at the moment for the first time in five years, and while there are some downsides to the game (huge campaign, 500+ fights and only 30 levels = grinding) the level design is excellent, the quests are varied and interesting. That wasn't the case in WoTN, sadly. The campaign just didn't receive the same attention and crafting that TL and AP/CW had.
Yep, it's my favourite one.
I have the collector's edition - the poster still smells great
Old 01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

If they fix all the outstanding bugs, I would consider buying it, but it's too risky for me to become their unofficial "tester" again.

The number of ways to screw yourself out of a game (due to doing quests out of order) was just insane. Adding new content only increases the odds of new bugs and given the quality control for the last game I have serious doubts this one will be given the polish it needs.

I remember in Crossworlds when they made a GAME BREAKING patch, they hotfixed it within 24 hours.

Anyways, I'll be waiting and hope I hear good news about it before buying.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

I agree with other people WotN was a huge disappointment for me. I can't comment much since i only played the game for 4 hours before i got bored but from what i played it was just dull and boring, story was boring and creatures were the same for the whole time with no variety at all. CW was a very good game and in my opinion way better than WotN.

I don't think this DLC helps much.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Alright! Looks like it's time for me to come back to KB.

Although this time I might just pretend I don't see any bugs.