Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Default Things nobody tells me

Very late in the game i got ancient amulet and gladiator sword (these are the items that give you 10 runes of magic and 10 might respectively after 50 wins), what nobody tells you is that upgrade fights and suppression fights don't count towards these wins. I never paid attention previously since i always had multiple areas to clear, but now i wont get my free runes. Of course at this point doesn't really mater since i have 60 magic runes i can't allocate.

Anyway is there something else you guys learn the hard way?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Generally counters do not increase when upgrading or pacifying items, but some medals do. I know that my Valhalla's Messenger was increased by one when upgrading an item with Viking troops.

I read somewhere that the Sacrifice spell was the only way to resurrect all level 5 creatures, so I invested in black dragons and ice dragons. When the time came to increase their number I found out that the Sacrifice spell has the same restrictions as the Resurrection talent of the Inquisitors: Plants, Ice Creations, and Black Dragons are excluded. I reloaded the game before I acquired the dragons and replayed from that point.

To my knowledge there seems to be no way to resurrect black dragons. Fauns can resurrect plants, and some cold damaging spells can resurrect ice creation creatures, but I have not found anything that works on black dragons.

Last edited by ivra; 01-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmage View Post

Anyway is there something else you guys learn the hard way?
You mean besides the zillions of misleading descriptions?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Couple of things with the Diplomacy talent: It picks the stack to affect randomly so you need to reload the save before battle again and again until it picks the one you want (ie increasing a troop you have and not removing from some other stack).
And if there are only like 6 creatures in the enemy troop, you can't draw any from it no matter how often you reload.

And another thing I kinda learned the hard way is how exactly the talking Raven works. And I'm still not sure about the "long story until you close your eyes" dialogue.

Finally, I learned the hard way that WotN really loves to shut down stores as the story progresses. Especially castles, which in previous games you could still use even after you defeated the bad guy living there. And sometimes you won't be able to use a store after accepting a quest from the storekeeper until you complete said quest.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Registered Member

Very end of the game, about 10 minutes before the end boss....I got the raven. All of my fury! I just did not think to click that tower when I played it at first.

Leveling up valkyries. Had no idea what to do there, mine were at level 1 for the longest time.

Saving the bottle of ink when you get it...

Not upgrading the banner when you get it for the heir to the throne quest.

Not opening the box when delivering it to the smuggler....yeouch.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinsai View Post
Leveling up valkyries. Had no idea what to do there, mine were at level 1 for the longest time.
Related question:

I'm gaining zero experience for using my initial rage skill, Viking Vortex. Is this normal? If so, is there a quest I have to complete before I can begin upgrading rage skills? (No details please, just quest name and/or location, if applicable - I just want to be sure this isn't a bug.) Note, I do not yet have valkyries.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whiskers View Post
Related question:

I'm gaining zero experience for using my initial rage skill, Viking Vortex. Is this normal? If so, is there a quest I have to complete before I can begin upgrading rage skills? (No details please, just quest name and/or location, if applicable - I just want to be sure this isn't a bug.) Note, I do not yet have valkyries.
You will gain experience for your initial rage skill after having found your first valkyrie.

BR

J.B.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You will gain experience for your initial rage skill after having found your first valkyrie.

BR

J.B.
I suspected as much, but I couldn't find anything in the game that actually said so. Since the previous games didn't have such a limitation, I couldn't be sure.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whiskers View Post
I suspected as much, but I couldn't find anything in the game that actually said so. Since the previous games didn't have such a limitation, I couldn't be sure.

Thanks!
No problem!

For me it's out of all reason that there is no clarification or at least a hint to give you an idea, that there will be no rage XP until you met your first valkyrie.

BR

J.B.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Uh. I think I've missed something here. What magic does this raven wield that makes it worth using? (i don't think i ever fuond much of a use for it; other than to get a rune wandering scroll which I did not find that useful; btw anyone notice that in this game (unless crossroad) wandering scrolls don't pop up on the right side showing how many battles they have left till they expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinsai View Post
Very end of the game, about 10 minutes before the end boss....I got the raven. All of my fury! I just did not think to click that tower when I played it at first.

Saving the bottle of ink when you get it...

Not upgrading the banner when you get it for the heir to the throne quest.

Not opening the box when delivering it to the smuggler....yeouch.