Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Approved Member

Cool. You're totally right most of the tooltip items were out of scope - in fact, I only see a few left that are simple description updates (chain of chance, song of midgard, lackluster valkyrie upgrade descriptions and the maiden abilities). I decided to just remove the chain of chance reference and let you handle that and similar updates in your change log rather than double post them. I'm pointing people to this thread right under the tooltips section.

Once you've covered the midgard song and valkyrie upgrade issues I may remove those too... they aren't that confusing but so we don't miss them I'd like to keep them listed until they're covered. As for the call of valhalla and gift of odin, I may leave those in because people frequently cite them as bugs. Call of Valhalla is pretty tricky to summarize for all its nuances (if it's even worth trying to do) and the Gift of Odin doesn't say it's dependent on target stack leadership size for the no retaliation to work.

Edit - not sure if you can do hero descriptions (enemy heroes) but I was disappoined to see Devilfish didn't have one. Maybe you could make something amusing. He's a bit hard to find as it is (looong quest chain).

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-06-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Added something
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for working on this mod .

It's very helpful .

Last edited by skycrow; 11-06-2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: secret
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

We have recently learned that the Phoenix breath burn chance depends on the level of the Phoenix. Level 1 (Young Phoenix) has a 70% burn chance. Level 2 (Adult Phoenix) has an 85% chance. And level 3 (Ancient Phoenix) has a 100% chance. If you like, the Phoenix spell could mention the burn chance goes up with the spell level.

PS - The underline tag in the raven item shows up as [/u] in-game for me. Thanks for having it mention the crystal cost.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-08-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Just wanted to make a quick little post saying thank you to you guys, for all your hard work and dedication to making this great game even greater.

So...thank you guys
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Ok going to give this a try out, after I just ruined my mind-talent runes and watch my rune mages be totally gimp again.

Just a quick question which probably is very obvious for anyone else, but where do I put the file? Could you include some quick explanation in the starting post. Not all of us are computer wizards here. I'm assuming it goes in the same /addon folder, but it would be very nice to get some confirmation.

Big congrats on making the credits Since I'm playing very slow it will be a little while before I can see myself.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Oh, I totally thought I'd noted that in the first post. I guess I only specified in the post where I first attached stuff.

Unzip the contents of the downloaded zip into the addon/mods directory.

You will have to make the 'mods' directory if it doesn't already exist.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Updated with version 1.1.2

Version 0.1.2
Creation Skill - Clarified slightly about spells it effects.
Sense Weakness Skill - Clarified to penalize enemy critical hit chance.
Artifactor Skill - Clearly states when you can get talent runes.
Trapper Award - Templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Favorite of the Valkyrie's Award - now specifies their boons instead of abilities. (Is that clearer?)
Acolyte of Odin Award - templated more similarly to Gifted Warrior
Speed Stat - Cleaned up the English on this tip.
Higher Magic Load Screen Tip - Fixed description to match ability.
Valkyrie Load Screen Tip - Refer to Valkyrie's by correct gender.
Training Ability - For orc hunter and druid, now correctly describes what it does.
Wild Call Ability - Clarifies that it doesn't end its turn, and that damage is shared both ways.
Mana Restoration Load Screen Tip - Removed reference to "Holy Anger" skill, and fixed english.
Valkyrie Skill Load Screen Tip - Mention their boons when talking (Makes the medal easier to understand)
Soothsayer Divine Hand Feature - Mentions it gains the Attack bonus when an ally makes a critical hit, not receives.
Midgard Edda - Correctly explains the chance to give all troops a bonus, but always giving one troop a bonus.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

First of all: Thank you very much for your work

I found a small error in the description of the Disregard for Pain ability of the Berserker unit. I tested it to verify that the troop indeed gets a boost to its defenses when hit.

The description says:
With every missed hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

It should be:
With every hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

Or something similar, like "Every time the troop is hit, it...". The point is that the troop gets the bonus when it is hit, not when it misses its own attack. I also found out that counter-attack did not give any bonus, but damage from poison did. So maybe something like "Every time the troop is hit, except damage taken from counter-attacks, it..." is better.

Oh, and I used troop instead of Berserker since I prefer the more generic term since an ability can be used by more than one unit.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Oh, I totally thought I'd noted that in the first post. I guess I only specified in the post where I first attached stuff.

Unzip the contents of the downloaded zip into the addon/mods directory.

You will have to make the 'mods' directory if it doesn't already exist.
No problem, thanks for the explanation. It would be a good idea to include a little "readme.txt" file with installation instructions and maybe version update. Can be a simple as a copy / paste from your original post. Then again if you want to keep the file as small as possible (but let's face it, we're not stuck in 1999 where every kb mattered) you could keep it out.

Anyway much appreciated. I'll give the language a try this evening.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivra View Post
First of all: Thank you very much for your work

I found a small error in the description of the Disregard for Pain ability of the Berserker unit. I tested it to verify that the troop indeed gets a boost to its defenses when hit.

The description says:
With every missed hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

It should be:
With every hit, the Berserker becomes less sensitive to pain, increasing resistance to all types of damage by 5%. The maximum bonus to all Resistances is +25%.

Or something similar, like "Every time the troop is hit, it...". The point is that the troop gets the bonus when it is hit, not when it misses its own attack. I also found out that counter-attack did not give any bonus, but damage from poison did. So maybe something like "Every time the troop is hit, except damage taken from counter-attacks, it..." is better.

Oh, and I used troop instead of Berserker since I prefer the more generic term since an ability can be used by more than one unit.

Okay, I'll give that one a look! 1.3 is the first version where I modified the Unit Features (like the dull pain feature). There is a whole lot of text there, whoo boy.

In regards to 'troop'. I'm thinking about making a pass to cleanup language there. I feel like 'stack' is often clearer, but slightly jargony. "Unit" seems to not imply the full group. Troop is used in some places but not all. Not sure which one I'll go with.