Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Some of the Awards are not working as described. These would probably just be tooltip updates.

For example, the 'Troops Trapped' award ONLY goes up if the unit DIES from the trap. This might be working as intended, but if so the tooltip has to be updated.

The Valkarie Abilities Used is either not working or needs to be more descriptive. I've used the Valk in battle a number of times, but it appears this tally only goes up when you use their out-of-combat ability. (For example, I have 1/10 because I used the first valk's ability to give me money after unit deaths once.) If this is the way it's supposed to work, a less vague tooltip would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambus View Post
Apart from the gamebreaking diplomacy bug (getting your units uncontrollable) I also encounterd a bug with Crystal Collector medal:

For some reason, crystals collected stopped counting at 53/60 mark (happened around the second island). Since then, I collected tons of crystals on the map, some from the battle chest and also from items destruction, but no more are counted.
I can verify this one, although for me it's stuck at 46/60.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
I can verify this one, although for me it's stuck at 46/60.
Same here, except stuck at 23. Playing as a mage this saddens me greatly, give me at least that 1 int !
Old 10-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

The medals "Favorite of the Valkyries" and "Valhalla's Messenger". The first one says I have used 0/10 valkyrie abilities when I have in fact used Christa's Gold several times. The second one gives me a 3/10 for "Enemy troops destroyed by Vikings" when I have been using nothing but Vikings the whole time.

Bug or mistranslation?

Last edited by Metathron; 10-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

I've discovered some annoying bugs aswell.

After defeating an opponent I recieve practicly no exp at all, it simply says " [] NF " or something like that instead of the amount of exp that I should gain after the battle.

There was only 4x thorn thingies on the island for the alchemist quest, and after completing the some more islands, i've yet to find any more of them.

Whenever i sacrifice/give/donate or whatever to a valkyrie nothing happens, and if i try again the game crashes.

When using the orc hunters ability to control an enemy animal, if that creature is still alive when it ends I've not been able to attack it in melee and had to use my ranged units to kill it.

And then there is the random crashes that happens now and then.

Last edited by Sillua; 10-29-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Character stuck on geometry

I managed to get my character physically stuck on the Island of Isterring while landing near the top of the mountain with the burned birds nest. (NE corner of Isterring)

Is there any /stuck command to unwedge me?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

The Award "Favorite of the Valkyries" doesn't register anything after using Valkyrie abilities for near one hundred battles!

Also (and this may be driver related or something) my game crashes whenever I try to sacrifice a weapon to the appropriate Valkyrie. I think this game is great, and many of the bugs mentioned before can be bypassed, but the ones concerning Valkyries are too important, as are the battle abilities.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boar View Post
The Award "Favorite of the Valkyries" doesn't register anything after using Valkyrie abilities for near one hundred battles!
As has been mentioned, that ability isn't about using the Rage abilities in combat, it's about using their out-of-combat abilities. It goes up properly when you use them. The wording could probably be improved tho'.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Thanks guys, updating the thread now. I am not going to post every crash since those tend to be specific to individuals (we really need a tech support sub forum for those).

Regarding the problem with not enough Thorn Sprouts, can somebody tell me the name of that quest so I can post something they can look up?

Also, has anybody actually verified what causes the "Troops killed by vikings" counter to increment? Clearly it's not killing troops with Vikings, and destroying stacks of enemy vikings doesn't seem to be doing it either. Could it be killing a viking hero or an amry that has a viking unit leading the stack on the world map?

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 10-28-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

After playing a bit more I got few more things to report:

I got into the battle with some neutrals and since they also had some griffins with them, the diplomacy bug kicked in and my griffins spent their fight flying like idiots all over battlefield until they got hit by 2K stack of fireflies (that sure woke them up).

After the battle finished, I noticed that my maximum rage dropped from 112 to 78 for no reason. I tried to switch my senior valkyrie a bit and also tried shuffling my equipment to help the game remember, but the maximum rage stayed low. I replayed the neutral battle with some griffins in the reserve and rage did not get nerfed. Conclusion: Better not even start any battles with diplomacy bug, the bug might do more than just make your battle harder.

Second one:

Valkyrie map abilities (refund for fallen warriors in the next battle etc.) seem to take longer to recharge with every use, but the game kind of forces you to use spam the abilities asap to get the Favorite of Valkyries medal. The problem is that the bonus for the medal seems to be worded such that it reduces the time for the map ability, not the battle ability. It seems a bit pointless to spam the ability 10 times, getting its recharge time from 10 battles to 20 battles, to get a modal lowering the recharge from 20 battles to 19 battles. Just putting it out there, I need to do some more testing on this.