Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 05-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Oh Sirlancelot are u having a break from Trent hehe.... Only Crossworld has this retal skill. It makes units be like Griffens, pretty strong... I don't think I can play skald in Wotn, I get too focused on developing the song medal (bonus in x rounds with song). A bit annoying. I guess most use the song that gives gold against undead. Used a lot in vanilla. Song could be modded for balance too .... What difficulty do u play?
Hehe, a break, yes. The game became a bit boring with the Ogre set. Almost all battles were cakewalk, and I used Call Phoenix + Archmage Magic Shield + Stone Skin 90% of the time.

Hard, this is my first time playing WotN.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Bug with TRAP spell:

I have level 1 trap with level 2 medal, which gives 150-220 Damage or so with 5 Intellect as Mage. But enemy get poisoned by the level 1 trap, also the trap does same damage as level 2 trap (which I haven't developed yet). I tested with 3 enemies.

They game is a catwalk so far, as level 4-5 on Nordlig. The extra enemy stack on Hard compared with vanilla, I think will be seen a lot more later in game. Also when Freedom Islands are removed, so it is probably balanced, with easy at start but harder later. That's my first impression. I also noticed that Potions cost 3k and not 500 now... Gold is not a problem at all so far with the army of Soothsayer, Warrior Maiden, Jarl, Axe Thrower and Mistique... Did you reduce the gold from chests etc too? It looks low, but can't remember the amount from vanilla Wotn (low compared to Debir in Crossworld).
Old 05-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
It is strange 1c haven't worked more on balance spells in later releases
Heh, I think is simply because not enough people complain. I'm 99% sure Katauri did playtesting enough to know for certain which spells were OP or UP. It's just they didn't find necessary to put more time and effort on balance them.

It's the same with the AI. People nowadays are still mostly obssesed with graphics. It's about time to react and change priorities, though.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Bug with TRAP spell:

I have level 1 trap with level 2 medal, which gives 150-220 Damage or so with 5 Intellect as Mage. But enemy get poisoned by the level 1 trap, also the trap does same damage as level 2 trap (which I haven't developed yet). I tested with 3 enemies.

They game is a catwalk so far, as level 4-5 on Nordlig. The extra enemy stack on Hard compared with vanilla, I think will be seen a lot more later in game. Also when Freedom Islands are removed, so it is probably balanced, with easy at start but harder later. That's my first impression. I also noticed that Potions cost 3k and not 500 now... Gold is not a problem at all so far with the army of Soothsayer, Warrior Maiden, Jarl, Axe Thrower and Mistique... Did you reduce the gold from chests etc too? It looks low, but can't remember the amount from vanilla Wotn (low compared to Debir in Crossworld).
I know about the trap. The medal traps make more damage and start poisoning on medal level2. I don't know why is that, but it's ok anyway. On impossible I have money problems starting on the 1st island . The gold from chests is also reduced. I never tried the game on hard and I don't know how it feels about the gold, but still I think it should be around 2 times more then on impossible. I think it'll be challenging even on hard later when you try buying some level 5 creatures ,spells and artifacts.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Yes I can imagine game will be harder later, that's what my post also was about. Easy or easier first but harder later, that's the perfect balance. Saving money for later... Is level 4 vikings more expensive than vanilla? Paid 1400 gold or so for one.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Vikings prices are not changed. But you should get way less money from fighting and it feels expensive.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, for the first time on ages, I have money shortage. Am I supposed to recruit Marauders or the like? I see they're offered for free at several places... I'm not very fond of them, though. They're not that good.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Glad to hear it . You'll figure it out.
P.S. I don't remember free Marauders. Which island?
Old 05-19-2019, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
P.S. I don't remember free Marauders. Which island?
Istering.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

I suppose u mean some free stacks u have found? The free ones are random in vanilla. In other games it could be assassin's, witch hunters etc. I recall some in istering two places: in cave and also at surface. Don't think there are much landscape changes in mod more balance of things.