Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 05-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Thx for information. Interesting reading. I did read about the trick with one stack of green dragons and invisibility and wait for dragon mana talent...

What I meant with the paladin song medal is that it is harder to get in 3-4-5 rounds etc. With 330% enemy. That's my first thought. I guess players have to leave some easy fights and return later to be able to finish battle in 3 or 4 rounds.

In general I just wanted to understand the reason to the balance changes. And to get inspired

Last edited by raknefne; 05-06-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

I feel actually more comfortable with the medal design that has implemented Trent that doesn't reward leadership points in exchange of x battles won with no losses. Instead, you receive such points after slaying x enemies.

This have the effect of making Level 1-3 units more appealing and the game less tedious, because you don't need to resurrect everyone at the very end of every battle won.

Honestly I'd prefer that would be impossible to do impossible zero loss runs. Otherwise it seems that there's not real difficulty whatsoever. It gives the impression that if you play on a certain way you can actually never loss. And I love unpredictability.

This is why I think damage resistance should be capped at 75-80% and remove other exploits.

I agree with you about Resurrection power, back in Trent racknefne raised second and third medals rune cost, but your solution is probably better.

Stone skin can be 10-20-30 or even 10-15-20 and still be a good spell. At certain point, damage resistance is key.

Anyway, your mod seems very interesting. I like the implementation of new creatures (yay!), and the general philosophy behind the mod.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
Mod "Expensive" - version 1.2.

For Warriors of the north: Ice and Fire build 6263 v.1.3.1 GoG version(it should work on Steam version too)
I have Steam latest version, which is 1.3.1 build 6280. Hope it'll work allright anyway. Can I do any test to check that it fully works as intended?

Do I need to start a Warriors of the North standard campaign or an Ice and Fire campaign? I guess the second contains the first (like Crossworlds contained Armored Princess), but I want your confirmation.

Will it be compatible with the spanish translation of the game, or do I need to play WotN in english?

Hype begins!

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 05-07-2019 at 03:14 AM. Reason: More questions
Old 05-07-2019, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

I've noticed that many players including myself sometimes don't like changes even if it balance things compared to vanilla. A player didn't like my idea in trent with removable of no loss medal or removable of the paladin creature resurrection talent etc.... It's hard to please everyone... About Trent and res skill, it is a short game and u won't benefit for so long. I haven't played Paladin hero into end game so I'm not an expert.

It is strange 1c haven't worked more on balance spells in later releases
Old 05-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
I have Steam latest version, which is 1.3.1 build 6280. Hope it'll work allright anyway. Can I do any test to check that it fully works as intended?

Do I need to start a Warriors of the North standard campaign or an Ice and Fire campaign? I guess the second contains the first (like Crossworlds contained Armored Princess), but I want your confirmation.

Will it be compatible with the spanish translation of the game, or do I need to play WotN in english?

Hype begins!
I think that if the game starts, it will work ok.
You have to start an Ice and Fire campaign and you have to play the english version.
I bought all KB games on GoG and tested an earlier version of the mod on a steam cracked version, it worked back then. I hate Steam and all the checks and additional programs it requires and the internet connection dependability. I hope the mod works for you.
To Raknefne : You can't make everybody happy, that's true. But if you like the general idea of a mod, I guess you'll be able to enjoy the game. Actually vanilla WoTN made most people unhappy - hence modding . And the mod I've made mostly for myself - to be able to enjoy this game.
About the song medal - the song skill is powerful anyway and the new difficulty to obtain the medal kinda balances itself. I think I managed to get it to level 2 , never focused on it though. There are many things to have in this game and you can't have it all, that's my idea. Focus on what you want and what strategy you chose.

Last edited by jorko80; 05-07-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
I think that if the game starts, it will work ok.
You have to start an Ice and Fire campaign and you have to play the english version.
I bought all KB games on GoG and tested an earlier version of the mod on a steam cracked version, it worked back then. I hate Steam and all the checks and additional programs it requires and the internet connection dependability. I hope the mod works for you.
Great. It worked. But know I wonder, Viking or Skald? I liked the leadership of the warrior in previous iterations of the game, but if possible, at the same time, I would desire its high attack. I don't care at all about rage powers, prefer the kind of spells that buff up your army; Precision, Haste...

By the way, does in WotN exist an skill like the Warrior one in Crossworlds which allows the characters to retaliate several times?
Old 05-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

It seems jorko80 is not as active as raknefne. Well, time to wait patiently I have chosen Skald for now.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Hi Sirlancelot! I've read what you wrote, but I thought you could figure it out yourself by looking the skills in the game . I don't think there is such skill.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

What a shame! I'd love to retaliate several times with Bears or Bears alike. I guess I'd have to find a "Furious" creature.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Oh Sirlancelot are u having a break from Trent hehe.... Only Crossworld has this retal skill. It makes units be like Griffens, pretty strong... I don't think I can play skald in Wotn, I get too focused on developing the song medal (bonus in x rounds with song). A bit annoying. I guess most use the song that gives gold against undead. Used a lot in vanilla. Song could be modded for balance too .... What difficulty do u play?

I managed to download now, np. Btw the only way to get to greenwort is thru the Big Spider? Now that Freedom Island are removed. In vanilla I got kind of annoyed loosing troops when entering portal and have to start new army...