Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 05-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

The buildings have not been changed since your test games. Some are free (zero price on them).
Old 05-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
Started a new game as Hunter with Black Hound companion and found 3 items in road-chests: Ghost Armor (+2 def), Sage Scull (+10 mana) and Iron Krakulum (+500 leadership!). I will try select neutrals as allies.
Sounds like you have a very good start!! Also the combo with Black Hound that gives +10 Defense to Hyenas... You have the Hunters Pet spell (summon hyena), they last longer... there're items as well that support that combo.

I'm playing Infiltrator Hero now (Rogue type, level 4). I'm thinking if I made the Medals too easy now, lowered them since the test... but let me know about that.

Today I made a Lizard Set that effects both Lizardmen and Dead Lizardmen, since there aren't many that support the Dead Lizardmen. It will be in a later update/patch.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

raknefne, please check in your save: are you propesed different skills on level-ups? It seems to me I was propose the same on 3 and 4 level up, may be I am wrong.

I am on 4 level, got yotun and has army of griffins with statue.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
raknefne, please check in your save: are you propesed different skills on level-ups? It seems to me I was propose the same on 3 and 4 level up, may be I am wrong.
It is random which you get to choose, it can be same choice as previous levelup. The lower level the bigger chance to come in in the randomness, so if you pick the lower ones, the bigger chance of the better skills... still you can be lucky to get higher magic as level 3, but it is rare.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

So, what's the story with ending the game at a certain level vs. endless game?

I started a new game on Impossible.
The hero has only 1 skill, scouting - interesting.
I go underground, get 8 cannons and I start a fight back on the world map vs a 'very weak' stack.
As soon as the combat starts, I am told "You have been defeated".
I don't get it.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
So, what's the story with ending the game at a certain level vs. endless game?

I started a new game on Impossible.
The hero has only 1 skill, scouting - interesting.
I go underground, get 8 cannons and I start a fight back on the world map vs a 'very weak' stack.
As soon as the combat starts, I am told "You have been defeated".
I don't get it.
Some armies join you instead of fighting you, that's random, but if you have armies out of controle, that means if you have more than your leadership, then you can't controle them and you die before battle begins, it is so in the Vanilla game too.
Next time you play, another army will join you, not necessary the same, and the armies have different radius of sniffing or seeing, some will chase you a long way, other times they wont...

You have to earn the skill, when you level up, you get a random set of skill choices, 1 from each skill tree, for instance as pic shows:

screen_170502_001.bmp

Only then you can start developing the skill you choose. OFC you can also choose a random boost instead, it can be +6 mana/rage, +3 mana/rage, att/def/int/gold, but random which you get of boost. That's the choice in the bottom with text. In most cases it will be +1 att/def/int, rarely +2 att/def/int, sometimes +3/6 mana-rage, always gold.

I suppose, if you haven't played Hylfire which this mod builds on, there're a lot of changes!! Have patience, it will all make sence in time.

Last edited by raknefne; 05-11-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Examples of new items for a patch sometime in the future

I'm working on updating items, adding text info for items with Morale or Upgrade (so you can see what you get, or how morale works on that item). Also new items, this is an item from Hylfire, that were set to off, so you didn't see it, active now, and made it Dead Lizardmen since there ain't so many of those race items:

screen_170510_002.bmp

I made this Lizard/LIzardead set, the shield is a Hylfire item I changed a bit, it need to be upgraded to be a Lizzy Set item, also the Ring has to be upgraded twice to be a set item (and still ok fights, easier than normal):

screen_170511_001.bmpscreen_170511_002.bmp

As you can see I have also added text of what you get when you upgrade the item. Especially helpful for new items.
The level 1 boots that give +1 Def and +3% crit, I changed into upgradeable as well, +1 Def, +2% crit, that can be upgr. to +1 Def, +5% crit.

Not in the current version 1.0 you are playing, not until the next update.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

So I am on 5 lvl, and again it seems to me I was proposed the same bonus as on 3 and 4 level-up. I made screen and will compare it with option on 6 level up. I killed all enemy armies on first island and got Hopland map. My army: 1 black dragon, 1 yotun, 4 griffin, 2 royal griffin, and archmage.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

6 level-up options: http://rgho.st/7QfKGKh6G
5 level-up options: http://rgho.st/7M7Jnv5Bw

In test version there were different options prodided on level-ups.

p.s. From start I select other boni then skills.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Game might be playable on impossible for a warrior, but I started with a mage (tried three times due that 'randomness' factor you mentioned) and but I always got stuck because there are not enough troops and the magic is not strong enough to get out of fights unscratched.
You might want to make adjustments.
For now, I am ditching the impossible difficulty; I will revisit once it's been tweaked.
Thanks!

Edit
Playing on hard, seems to be better.
I got the Artifactor skill - so how do I make artifacts?
All right, got stuck on hard, too. I did not loose any troops, I even had some tier3(?) units joining me, but there is not enough leadership to use those units (they require 450).
Seems I don't have luck with on 'hard' either...
Thanks!

Last edited by Csimbi; 05-13-2017 at 12:10 PM.