Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Default BONFIRE: An upcoming new mod/game

I just wanna tell about the mod Terroin and I are working on. It should be ready for testing in the spring - we will post when we need testers.

It is inspired by the Heroes of Might and magic 3 map-generator. A lot more are random compared to a normal KB game. It means that sometimes a game is more easy and other times more hard - just as it was in the Heroes3 mapgenerating.

It builds on the shoulders of the Hylfire mod with Acrimaldo and the randomness with skills and the new or improved spells and items.

It is sort of new game, not just a mod: We have re-used just 1 existing map (Tungsinn) but altered it alot, plus we have created 7 new maps with 15 new undergrounds and 35 new arenaes (plus around 12 old arenas) - and more can be added over time! It's easy to add future maps, since it is a world where you can travel anywhere. The enemy creatures grow in strength when you grow, this means the whole world is open (as seen in the Heroes 4 game). Each map has a "mapmaker" person that sell a new map. See pic:

Hrask 9 mapmaker (3).bmp

The starting location doesn't have many buildings from start, but you can build them! There are 2 things you need a lot in Bonfire: Woodpiles and Kill Proofs. Each time you kill and army you get 1 kill proof which is a token you keep in your backpack for later trading. To build the starting Castle you need 3 kill proofs:

borg 1 kp.bmp

Borg 2 have3kp (2).bmp

borg3 borgbygget (2).bmp

Borg4 4tingderefter (2).bmp

Creatures can be restocked for kill proofs.

Last edited by raknefne; 03-06-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: changed plan for the mod (less re-done maps, more new maps!)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Default Buildings to build in castle!!

After building the castle you can upgrade it! You can build 3 different kinds of buildings, each can be upgraded:
-sawmill: Gives 0-1 woodpile after each fight. Can be collected when you return to castle. Access to building Stable that gives temporary rage after fight.
-mine: Gives an extra chance of gold and crystal after a fight. 3 levels.
-Blacksmith: Grants you access to creatures like barrior, cannon, griphon statue and iron ball. Weaponry can be build afterwards that can give 3 items.
-Cellar: Get access to a 3 level dungeon under the castle, 5000 gold pr level, each with increasing chance of finding goodies. Especially good if you have a tough start.
When 2 things are build you can also build Higher Baracks which gives acces to level 4 and 5 creatures in your alliance/race. Without this you will only have level 1-3 in the castle.

Byg0 info woodpiles.bmp

Woodpiles: You can get woodpiles from the sawmill in the castle if you choose to build one, or find them in chests, both visible/sea chests/digged up ones.
Close to the castle an inn can be build for 1 woodpile after you help the innkeeper finding a drunkard. You will then have access to creatures, some spells and occationally items. The inn can be upgraded for kill proofs which also grants you leadership in return. After fully being upgraded you can gamble in the inn.

Furthermore, in each map there will be around 5 building sites where you can build a random building for 2 woodpiles. You will have a builder with you (at one of the valkyrie slots in the hero menu). Here is an example of a building site:

Byg1 valg.bmp

And vupti, a random building is created. It is completely random which building that will be build at a particular site. This Building is a rare one with a few level 5's. Some have items, scrolls, recipies or creatures or a mix.

Bygget 2.bmp

Another Building choice in the starting area:

Arturok 3valg (2).bmp

BTW, I will post more pics about the game in the days to come.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-17-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

It sounds very interesting, I can not wait to try the mod ^^
Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Default Map example

Here're some pics from one of the new maps, "Hrasken". The 2 first pics show the randomness in the landscape. In the first the bridge is blocked by a tree but in another game not. In this game I have to access the other site by going down the dungeon.

Hrask 2 bloktræstamme (3).bmp

Also an example of map difference: There's a fence to the left blocking the passage. Other games it is blocked a different place, still I can always get to all areas.

Hrask 3 blokhegn (2).bmp

The 3rd pics show a scene from the Hrask Dungeon, a huge dungeon:

Hrask 6 dungy.bmp

... and a new arena in the dungeon:

Hrask 8 arena (2).bmp
Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Default More pics from the mod.

Here are some more pics from the demon + undead map, Zellock :

zellock 1 (2).bmp

zellock 3 (2).bmp

zellock 4.bmp

The following one of the new arenas:

zellock arena (2).bmp

A new arena from a cave in Zellock:

zellock sniplin arena (2).bmp

You also see a huge yellow fly to the right on the battlefield. It is my companion. A companion is like a 6th stack but there are only 1 in the stack. When the hero levels up the companion does too in Health, Defence etc. It will automatically resurrect for the next battle if it dies in battle. Can be used as cannon fodder or tank.
So far it is the same 7 companions as in Hylfire. In the first map I can choose between 3 random of them. And if I have chosen "Arena" at Arturok (shown at the end of the first post in this thread), I'll be able to rechoose companions until I get the one I want. It costs 5 kill proofs to do that.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-19-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: updating last bottom note
Old 02-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Default Wow

Can't wait for the new mod Maybe you can share video from the new mod?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Default Trooptalk after battle

Don't think I'll get around to a video...

As in Hylfire you have a chance for trooptalk:
After battle your mentor, Acrimaldo, might give you an opportunity to talk to your troops. You can get a boost from your level 1-3 troops, anything from gold, rage, mana, new units etc.
That means if you carry for instance Miners in your army or in the Reserve you can get 1.500 gold pr. hero level. If you carry Gardeners they can change into Royal thorns etc.

I have made a post in this forum about which creatures gives which bonus:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...229790&page=13 (post#126)

or download the list here: Trooptalk.txt

Last edited by raknefne; 03-04-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: UPDATED trooptalk with all excisting creatures in the trooptalk
Old 03-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Good day. What about the following. Game generates skills pool at the start of game but in lower quantities then in vanila. For example not 39 skills but only random 27 skills. Why? No need such big pool of skils in vanila. For example, what use of such big number of spells distributed by 4 schools? It seem to be excessive.
And it will be very good if players have an another way to use runes and crystalls, for example to upgrade some (2 per class) items, given them new qualities.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

to Aristobal: I'm not sure what you mean. Item suggestion I understood, but not the thing about Vanila? What is Vanila? Could you explain more? We have distributed some spells to the 15 different heroes, but perhaps the 4th magic school is too much, but that is how WoTn is... too much work changing that now...

For now we don't make more items that there're in the Hylfire mod, we have focused on new maps/arenas, randomness in maps, building buildings. More items for instance for upgrade could be in a later update. Depends on how much it is getting downloaded when published...

Eucrysty who was the first to play Hylfire besides the Hylfire team, will make a pre-test in a few weeks time. We will wrap up different bugs we have found in our early tests before a bigger test (I'll make a new thread about the test, people wanting to test play can already mail me or post here - I guess 3 testers or so would be enough).

I'm working on the 7th new map now, we have 35 new arenas or so! The starting map is a re-done Tungsinn map, also Merlassar, Grotland and Iceland is in the Bonfire mod but re-done. So far it is 11 maps in all in the mod, easy to add new ones along the way, since you can go anywhere in the world. IMO it is high quality maps with a lot of detailed stuff. Questing is limited since it is a "random generator" mod. Or as close to as possible.

When I've finished a new map, Terroin and I have tested it along with other stuff made, so in the test it will especially be important to see the balance hero level 15+. We have only played until level 11.

Last edited by raknefne; 03-05-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: adjusting
Old 03-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

"Vanilla" in the computer world means a basic version of something, original game