Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

In normal wotn was not bugged ,but i think it was only 1 enemy , and runes to collect in the cellar , in hylfire there are 2 enemies and no runes
Old 08-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

also there are no map charts in this mod...there is only one in vestlig but is garded by a huge army of undead dragons.so now i`m kinda stuck in 3rd island because i cannot defeat other enemies

PS. i managed to win 2 hard battles and indeed keeping a miner in reserve is worth 1500 gold x hero level because let's be honest the battle reward itself is really bad .after killing 313 spieder , 15 necromancers and 6 vampires i recieved only 890 gold from battle? )

Last edited by eucrysty; 08-28-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

About Ulrikas dungeon: It is noted, can't recall any moding here, though, I'll hand it over to Terroin.

The guarded scroll on Vestlig is a map for Istering. There are several goodies in there too. So that battle is critical. It is random which enemies guards, and that is in general to avoid only fighting undead enemies which was a thing many didn't like about WoTn. So that battle is necessary to continue the game.

I get the impression you play a lot with no loss, but in Hylfire you often have to use cheaper and weaker units lvl 1-3 for money savings especially in the beginning until you earn enough interests from the Guild. I use some cheaper units for tough fights. Sometimes nearly wiped out... Until now in 90% of the test games, I'll have 100k in guild when I reach Greenwort on Hard and a little less on Impossible. The first times even on Hard it was a struggle with money, though, until I found out how. We have mostly tested the game on Hard - and MANY TIMES! This is a well tested mod with only few bugs.

The Medal Strategian gives a smaller bonus of Leadership, which support the idea that games with no loss isn't as crucical as in normal KB games. In some Hylfire games, depending on the Hero, early on it is difficult to avoid casualties.

My plan for a future patch is: Perhaps adjust tax to 10%, maybe 10% instead of 5% after battle on Impossible or maybe not. With 10% after battle, I have played a lot, at it has been enough in my games (I do buy items, but only some). I know terroin disagree on the tax reduction. I will add text on how to raise income after battle.

AND FOR ALL NEW HYLFIRE PLAYERS: DON'T START IMPOSSIBLE LEVEL THE FIRST TIME YOU PLAY!! START ON NORMAL OR HARD.
You can't compare difficulties to WoTn.

Will probably change the 4 difficulties to NORMAL - HARD - IMPOSSIBLE - SURVIVAL ! This is how the Hylfire mod difficulties are.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-31-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

If you don't like the amount of gold per battle, you can change::

First make a copy of you WoTn directory for safety.
Either download attached file logic.txt and put within WoTn\sessions\Ice and Fire\ses (+5% gold/battle all levels) or change yourself to whatever gold income you like:

WoTn\sessions\Ice and Fire\ses\logic.txt

Open the file logic.txt and scroll a little down until you find:
difficulty_k {
exp=1.5|2.0|2.5|3.0 // exp development
alead=1.5|2.0|2.5|3.0 // exp development exp and alead should be equal
spexp=1.0|1.2|1.5|1.65 // valkyrie experience
money=0.2|0.15|0.1|0.05 // gold from battle
rage=0.9|0.8|0.7|0.6 // rage in battle
manarage=1.0|0.8|0.65|0.5 // mana recovery

You can see that MONEY is 0.05 for impossible, set it at 0.10 which is 10%
- you can change the other difficulties so it will be
money=0.25|0.20|0.15|0.10

Only if you want text changes in starting menu:
Until now, you won't see the changes in the starting menu, it takes a little more modding but couldn't upload the file because it is a *.lng file. If you should be interested it is in WoTn\sessions\ADDON\loc_ses\eng_windows.lng (not Ice and Fire directory!). Scroll a little down (or search for the string "20%" and you find where text about difficulty is written). Change for all 4 difficulties.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-30-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Hi eucrysty - Im glad that your playing the hylfire mod. But I would have loved if you played it on normal or hard.. the HARD difficulty is the setting we used modding the game.. and should be the one giving you the best "picture" of the game we want the user to experience. Impossible is meant to be that.. and it is actually not.. but close..

I really dont think tax should be changed back or remove as Rakne Fne always has lot of money and items in his test games on HARD.. the tax prevents having too much and also make you think about how and when to buy or place money in the guild. If you remove the tax or lower it down to 10%, you kill the feature more or less of having a guild and then your just closer to the original.. please play on normal/hard and see for your self.

The cellar was something i messed around with for a loooong time ago and forgot all about it, so I will fix this in some way.. making it different still from the original.

Kind regards, Terroin
Old 09-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Smile Gold income in Hylfire

I'm currently playing 1 of 15 hero types, The Lightbringer, which is like a Mage with some Order spells in spellbook from start. The spells are level 1 from start and I have upgraded some. A new spell, Acrimaldo's Healing, which has double power as normal Healing, is a spell only he has learnt from start - it costs 1k crystals for other heroes to learn, so they only use it to cast or sell. Furthermore all his troops have +10 Health (not percent but just 10 Health). It might look overpowered to have these spells from start, but it is also random when you will get the opportunity to learn 1 of the 4 Magic Skills.
Each hero have different charistica to get the feeling you are playing very different heroes, for instance the Soul Wanderer has a new spell that copies enemy troops!

del2 spellbook.bmp

I'm current level 8 and in this game I have plenty of gold on the Hard difficulty. I have put 100k gold in the Guild which works like a bank. 100k is the maximum you can store in the Guild. As a Lightbringer I have a small chance after fight to get +1 to all troops in army, which ofc saves gold too.

del2 guild 100k.bmp

After fight you have a chance of receiving different bonuses, I just earnt interests from my savings in the Guild, about 12% of the 100k which is 12.000.

del2 prc guld fra guild acri.bmp

Another way of getting gold is random bonuses after fight from Acrimaldo, this time I choose the 2.500 pr hero level which is 20k gold - this is a rather rare choice.

del2 acrim 2500 herolvl.bmp

Each game are very different because of the huge amount of randomness, in one game you feel you can barely make it with gold, other times, it's more easy.
There are no random generator to make maps as in Heroes of Might and Magic 3, so making a lot of random stuff happening is our way of getting as close as possible to a "random generator".

Have fun!

Last edited by raknefne; 09-01-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

hello.thanks for replies.sorry i did not answer , i was gone on a vacantion but now i'm back.i'll keep you updated about the game.
And i play on impossible and not hard because enemy are stronger and i like strategy and tough battles.the only incovenient was money reward from battles vs tax system.now i changed it +5% so i think it will be ok.

Last edited by eucrysty; 09-04-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

I'm glad to hear u are back, I thought you had given up... U are helping to tune the mod, finding the last mistakes/balancing, thanks. Anyway items with +gold after battle helps too.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

yes i found one item for gold % , casquet of gems so for the moment it's ok with gold , also i managed to beat the enemy guarding map of istering so i can test that island too.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Good to hear. Don't forget to Donate to Christa when you can for extra gold pr. battle too. I'm currently having a run on Hard as Lightbringer Mage. I have been lucky with getting or buying items with +gold pr battle. It is very different from game to game, this game gold is very easy for me, other times it is harder and I have to be easy on gold. Level 13 now.