Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I'm past those three guardians myself now. For some reason tonight I beat the Human and Dwarf stack first time. Then you can kite your way through the basement without fighting (Very Hard stacks of Snakes - ouch), take down the easiest looking stack on Whitehill, and then you're able to replenish your Imps/Cerebuses and head to Portland. I kited my way around Portland picking up everything and now I am up to about 1200 leadership on Level 6. The stacks around here are Slightly Stronger and above. Unfortunately I can't see any Demons/Demonesses anywhere, and no Paladins as yet. So I'll have to be really careful. The only unit of use (at Clarrisa's hut) is Evil Beholders. So this is still pretty much a Demon army for now with no way of resurrecting even a single troop.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Nice job guys, so you can skip those stacks at whitehill, how could i have missed that. You can go back to demoness starting location from portland and buy nice units there.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

I am still trying to do something against those spiders. I see a light in the tunnel, but it sure is a bad fight. Baiting enemies in traps and evilns left by the undead spiders is key. I dropped their numbers to like 20 spiders before my demon tank died last time, so it should be possible somehow.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

If you are talking about that one stack of spiders stronger than all the others, there is no need to do it right away, you can come back there from portland, and do it once you have bought units you want. On the other hand where is challenge in that
Old 08-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

It is in the basement where you need to dig out 3 items. Killing the weakest stack and digging the items is easy, but I have certain doubts that I can come back to this place. Worst case scenario, I can skip those fights, I doubt the experience from them will be that crucial later on, and from all I hear, the game should open up soon.

Btw, careful with the Paladins, people. Their resurrection skills used to HURT Demons and Undead in KBAP/CW. The only character who can resurrect demons is the demonologist to my knowledge. Or of course, you with the resurrection spell.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Sorry don't remember anything like that, must have not been that difficult or possible to do later.

As of paladins they aren't normal paladins, they are dark paladins, and resurrect troops of the dark. Resurrection doesn't work on demons now, you have to do quest for it to work on troops of the dark.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Most interesting, thanks for the info So, you mean we have paladins of the dark who ress, we have dark knights and eviln... I am already getting quite a bunch of ideas in my head.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

DG, I think you're right that we won't be able to come back into the basement later, but I figured that the xp wouldn't count for much in the long run so I skipped them. Plus, you know, really difficult fights!

zjazd18, I'll have a lookout for those Dark Paladins. They are in one of the castles on Portland, are they? I'm guessing I'll need to do some quests first.

EDIT: around this time you should get the first level of the Grand Strategian medal (20 fights), which is worth 200 leadership. Takes me up to 1450 now. If only I could find some Demons and/or Demonesses to buy...

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 08-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, in the castle near the shore - Branigard. I think i had 20 of them there, then some at Inselburg, but really once you get recruiter deep in demoness skill tree you basically have unlimited supply of paladins.

EDIT: demons are in Atrixus (demoness starting location) you get there by going into catacombs at portland.

Last edited by zjazd18; 08-21-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

You were correct, it was easy to open up the new locations through the catacombs, so I pillaged Atrixus and found demonologists in the Demonologist hut which you can access through the flying platform in the main yellow picture-circle (or whatever that is). Now things are going much more smoothly.

I will, however, eat my shorts if KBDS has the early KBAP bug where disbanding troops count as losses