Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Darkside - What's the deal?

So, it's been a year and a half since release. I haven't touched it in months and in hopes it would all be fixed. The game still has outstanding bugs and doesn't even have it's own 1c forum?

Guess that's the end of king's bounty?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Yes... about to purchase KB Darkside and wondering whether all the bugs has been fixed or at least big part of it

why it has no forum on it's own ? that unpopular ?

Last edited by wargamerjack; 01-07-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

I think that whoever maintains these forums has kind of abandoned them, which is a pity. I still use them to search for help with quests (replaying all of the games atm).

I'm secretly hoping KB 2 is in development.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamerjack View Post
Yes... about to purchase KB Darkside and wondering whether all the bugs has been fixed or at least big part of it

why it has no forum on it's own ? that unpopular ?
Despite the bugs, it's playable for sure. I did finish it twice already. Working on the orc playthrough now.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
So, it's been a year and a half since release. I haven't touched it in months and in hopes it would all be fixed. The game still has outstanding bugs and doesn't even have it's own 1c forum?

Trust me you are not losing out on much. it's as bad as Warriors of the North, less buggy but just as uninspired and unbalanced.

I think we can expect a reveal of a new game soon, actually. The official website has been under construction for some monhts, actually
Old 08-14-2016, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post

No disrespect to 1C or the developers of Dark Side but that game was hot ass. I love King's Bounty series, especially Crossworlds and Legends, but man, I'm kind of glad the series is dead now.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Darkside is real mess as compared with other KB games. Darkside is worst in the serie. It is full of bugs. You can't recruit light units (normal units in previous games). Nowhere you can buy a royal griffin even though they are present in many hostile stacks! The same goes with ice dragons, you can't even recruit them in premium edition which has viking units. Though you can obtain their eggs via cheat codes! When i was at it, I tried to get Tirex eggs and was successful! So they exist in game files just not present.
What is more, after hatching it, I saw that it has "of the dark" label. meaning that developers abandoned the game half way through! I really hope that sooner or later, they correct its flaws with an expansion, as they did with previous titles!

And these races from previous games are extinct in darkside: lizardmen, dead lizardmen, ice elfs. Many items affect light troops not dark ones, which makes them useless in darkside.

Also there a useless medal called mercifull! What a damn joke when you are playing as bad guys! For obtaining it you have to find 25 then 50, then 100 weak fleeing stacks (about half the amount of stacks you encounter in one game) and let them go, which is extremely hard to find! And when you do that you get less xp and gold and you can't open chest existing in those fields. I tried to get it with every here on normal difficulty. With vampire I failed to even obtain lvl 1 of the medal, with orc however I managed to get the medal up to lvl 2, with demoness, I hardly managed to get it up to third lvl! I found last stack, just right before fighting spirit of the light, when i had given up all my hopes. And most important part was the fact that I was very lucking and had found many +1000 leadership items, and all items that reduce leadership requirement for demons! In the end leadership requirement of blood priestess was reduced to 3 and I had more than 20000 of them in my army! Yet it was so damn hard to obtain it!

Again I hope that they correct its flaws with an expansion, as they did with previous titles!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Wow. That is some terrible programming there. Glad I dropped this game after the first few maps. The new units are not enough to make it worth playing. I am still enjoying Crossworlds, this just reminded me to go back and finish my Demon campaign.