Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Anvifolk... Well, I see... as it seems that CoD must run under the Steam program, if I want to play CoD with my new SSD, I will have to move ALL my Steam games to the SSD (Only 120 GB... thats why i dont' like my games run under Steam. I want to install them where I want. Only if a game requires fast acces, I will install it in the SSD. The other ones I want them in the HDD). Because of Steam, my SSD will be out of space in one or two days,

Thanks once more!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAE_Cazador View Post
Aidor, I had no STEAM games in my computer till I bought CloD. I bought a Collector Edition DVD. And the first thing it did when installing, is to force me to open a STEAM account. Then I activated it by the first time, writing a 20 characters code given with the DVD, and started to fly (offline, as at the beginning Multiplayer was so bugged to me that it was impossible to fly).

No need to have the DVD inserted, but I am afraid the Sim is linked forever to your STEAM account.

What I didn't check is what happens if I switch off my Internet connection (always on, because is a ADSL link), and check if I can play or not, but I'll try this evening.

Aidor, I suggest you to wait those 2 weeks (Oleg's Time or Standard Time?) and in the meantime to study the Sim Manual and the Spitfire Pilot's Notes. You can find links to them here or even I can send them both to you.

Edit: STEAM also is required to keep your game up-to-date by downloading automatically the official patches needed. Also it provides a so called "VALVE" stuff wihich prevents cheating online (supposedly).
uff... esperar dos semanas no creo que pueda...

So.. "....linked forever to your STEAM account." I don't like how it sounds (when its a DVDrom version of the game).

I think I have no choice. I will have to move all my steam games to the SSD, so I think it doesn't matter if I wait a couple of weeks or not: I will have to move all my "steamapps" to the SSD if I want to play CoD installed in the SSD, even if I install it now (and then move it with all the "steamapps"), or wait a couple of weeks (install the SSD, move the Steam folder, and then install CoD). I will get the same results in both options: move all steam games= bye bye SSD space...

Well, I'll see what I'll do... thanks for all the info guys, appreciate it!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

I use Steam Mover http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover I have Steam on a ordinary hard drive and i just shift the game i want to play over to my SSD and then you can shift it back if you want. Ask if you need help with it. Steam will still do the automatic patches to the game even if the game is on your SSD

Last edited by dougandtoni; 05-04-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougandtoni View Post
I use Steam Mover http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover I have Steam on a ordinary hard drive and i just shift the game i want to play over to my SSD and then you can shift it back if you want. Ask if you need help with it. Steam will still do the automatic patches to the game even if the game is on your SSD
Thanks Dougandtoni for the info. When I'll get my new SSD I'll take a look at that link, sure,