Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Game go impossible after migrating from first island!

Hi
After playing about 1 hour.
And after that my hero is in level 4, when i go to another island(wild scarlet) all of enemies are very very stronger than me !! for example i have 7 snakes and my enemy have 302 snakes!!!
I think its a bug in KB:AP. Its just about ~1 hour that im playing the game.
After installing patch 1.2, also no change happens.
How can i continue the game!?!? my leadership in end of game allow me that i control 302 snakes! not in first of game.
Notes :
1.Im not newbie in kings bounty, i finished the previus version of the game successfuly and i fully know rules of the game.
2.Caption of enemies in all of islands is "Impossible!!!".
3.For continuing the game i must go to another island and all of quest in first island has been finished!

Thank you for any help.
H.Ahmadi
Old 11-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Well, actually it is not a bug. If you are referring to the groups of enemies that are protecting the maps, they are supposed to be much, much harder to kill and may give you bonkers until you find a way to defeat them - especially if you're trying to do it without losses, like myself (at least till I get 50 no-loss battles).

What I can propose is to clear out everything else on the island but the map defenders, go to the next island (Bolo) and try to kill something there, gain a few levels, probably re-make the army and try again.

If you're playing a mage on impossible, you should also be aware that she has the hardest and the most challenging start of the game.

EDIT: I have discovered that especially on impossible, having extra leadership is extremely important in the beginning. When making the game, try to get a few + leadership items at start. There is also a chance you will get a simple +100 leadership belt in the training battles. I consider it a good start of the game if I find the marshal's batton on of the first island and the +100 leadership belt in the training battles, because I know that I can afford it (8000 gold) with any char after I've cleared out most of the island.

On lower difficulties, you can do with pretty much everything, but impossible provides a bigger challenge and one must adequately prepare for it.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-04-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for your notes.
Im playing game with Mage hero and in hard difficulty.
However enemy strong growing is not linear and jumped from 17 snakes to 302 snakes!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

If you are playing mage, then you're going to need to do some "sneaking" around first. At least until your intellect is higher and your spells can make up for your low leadership.

After you get to the Scarlet island do what you can there, dodge the enemy patrols and pick up all the leadership flags. Also visit the small shop on the right of the castle. The quest from there will give you a map to find 2 chests. You can get these without fighting if you're fast.

Then go to Bolo island. If you sail west to the smaller port, quicksave and time your run well, you can run in and grab the map for the Anchor island. Once you have it, travel to the Anchor and you can complete the chest quest to the right of where you first arrive for a good EXP boost. You can also see the pirate on the beach to the left of the start area and do his quest to find the bottles. You will get a big EXP boost and a random artifact. There are also some flags here you can grab if you dodge the patrols.

Then you should have enough leadership and runes to do most of the battles on Scarlet and Bolo and you should be ok after that.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

I think Ahmadi is also going for a good result, this is why he's doing island after island. His entire post suggests that. As such, traveling back and forth will seriously harm the score.

To save yourself from the multiple travels, you can try to force the Gromozeka hero on the bolo island away from the chest he's guarding. Since this is a quest monster, it will follow you. Have him go far from the chest then dash to take it. Inside is the Amulet that is required to obtain to get the second Stone of Gods. With each stone, the units in Debir (King Friedrich's island) will grow better and better. At least that can save you some mindless travels from island to island.

I'm saying this for a fact, because Im doing an impossible game with a Paladin, testing how quickly I can get lvl 3 learning (together with the +XP items, thus checking out how quickly I can level up) and lvl 3 Resurrection skill and use scapegoats. In my game so far I have really awful army setup on the Debir (few inquisitors), Scarlet Wind (no knights, no paladins, only 4 archmagi) and Bolo islands (2 measly Royal griffins and Cyclopses), and nothing better on the Rusty Anchor island. This can make your game very, very hard. Probably Ahmadi is having the same problem.

Still, once should never give up, there is always a way out!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
After you get to the Scarlet island do what you can there, dodge the enemy patrols and pick up all the leadership flags. Also visit the small shop on the right of the castle. The quest from there will give you a map to find 2 chests. You can get these without fighting if you're fast.
I did it but also i need more stronge because enemies are stronger!

Last edited by Ahmadi; 11-04-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

sneak& pick the maps, go to other island and pick up more powerful creatures, buy more powerful items.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

I wonder how do you manage to pick the maps. Since patch 1.1 all the map guardians are immobile, and if they move by chance, they stop after a few squares and quickly return to their starting position.

EDIT: Interesting. I just managed to kite away the army guarding the Verona map on the Scarlet Wind island. One doesn't really need to kite them far - just a little, in order to sneak beside them and take the map. Weird. This is the only map guard enemy that allowed me to kite them. Bug?! Intentional, so that the player can get the map through skill and stealth?

In addition to that, on impossible, one must save money like crazy in the beginning and spend it only on the most important items - items that he/she will use for quite a while. There is no point in spending 10k on a +1def/+200 leadership helm if you're going to drop it after a few levels because you found a better one.

I strongly suggest tricking the Gromozeka, taking the amulet and going back to Debir. Doing that has a chance of spawning Paladins in the Mage tower. I know what you're going through, cause I have the same problem. I've cleaned up most of the starting islands by the beginning of day 2 and all I see now is overpowering and impossible enemies on Rusty Anchor island, because I can't get an army of the units I prefer and I'm forced to play with incomplete stacks. But there is always a way The most important thing is to keep a cool head and do not give up.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-04-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Even guardians who move 1 space can be lured away. They will move towards you, if you are always no more then 1 space away from them! Not all enemies do that, but for example the dwarf guarding the map on Tekron is like this.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

I'll have to try that out. Kiting away map guards is very tricky, and requires a good save and a nice mouse

On a side note, Verona was full of stipud units too (very few horsemen, tons of imps, peasants, bears, archers, priests, assassins, swordsmen, guardsmen, etc. - no knights, no paladins, no emerald dragons, no nothing), but I did find archmagi and druids, and then more Royal Thorns when I beat up the wife of the barbarian (her army is stronger and her flame arrow is weaker, so more XP this way). Now with Paladins, Druids, Royal Thorns, Inquisitors and Archmagi things look a lot different. Besides, with 54 total battles, all of them without losses, a nice heap of cash is forming.

So it's all the matter of not giving up and finding ways to do it.