Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Lookin Good
Thanks for the update.

Last edited by 6BL Bird-Dog; 02-24-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

The ground becoming 'alive' via player-controllable tanks and other weapons and vehicles will greatly expand the IL2 community and COD's sales. Promising .
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Thank you. The future looks good and promising
Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

S!

Good news on the graphics performance, sounds promising! There are no tinfoilhat plots about Black Death..it has been porked since day one Maybe it needs to be re-done..

Vehicular system sounds good and can be a real contender against other MMOs like AcesHigh, WW2 Online etc. But that is far in future I bet..before everythibg matures with the IL-2 engine.

Thanks for update and have a nice weekend!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Not sure why you're spending so much time showing us the vehicular side of things when you then go on to say that you don't know when or in what form it'll arrive in. Seems a bit odd to spend so much effort to show it... Though from a ground based perspective the sounds do sound pretty good to me
Classic misdirection. When fans are very focused on something that you're not able to deliver, you show them something flashy, (totally unrelated) but flashy enough to make them forget what they were really interested in before.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Is the video done with the old or new graphics engine? I cant imagine it is what we have at the moment, all the smoke effects would bring my game to a crawl (or at least it does when dust from the prop appears).

Looks great, happy to see the numbers are looking good!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Great news on the Graphics updates!

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

excellent news about the added control over tanks, looks very impresive.

hope in the final version the vehicles leave tracks in the grass/mud/ground, it looks veru odd without it (and this element was working in previous similar ground vehicle movement examples we have seen earlier)

what type of control over these vehicles will there be ? single vehicle, groupd of vehicles in one unit with AI commands, or is it all under scripted AI control with a single player vehicle we can hop into ?

will we be able to control single artillery pieces and batteries of artillery as a unit to ?

need....... grafix......... engine.........patch........ soon,........ going stir crazy with the low current performance of the flightsim aspect of BoB
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Even better than last weeks update! Thanks B6 and luthier! It's like a dream come true, tank and flight sim combined, made by MG! I will need only one game for the rest of my life if these new features will come to fruition. Oh! and the patch progression was also interesting to hear about. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Cool! Thank you for listening to community opinion and advise
Closed Thread