Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Default What would you prefer for battles? Better Units or better Heroes or both?

I'm now planning a mod where each unit has 4 different skill which can be actiaved for different tactic. Do you think that is enough or should each unit should get more skills and should be powerful like a hero?

Example: Should a mage unit get the sheep spell or should the hero mage class should get this spell? Really hard to decide because when you have 64 Units with 8 instead of only 4 skills then there will be nearly no skills for a hero that haven't been used for units. xD

When using 8 skills for each unit i think, there will only be place for passive hero skills liking giving special unites more attack, damge, resistt, etc. or increase spells from units, instead of active skills like slow spell, teleport spell etc.

Last edited by MrRomanticGameGuy; 09-22-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

What I would think would be cool is more hero skills that open up unit tactical options.

For instance, warrior skill line that has skills that give all units categorized as archers a 'volley' skill, or all units with swords some bleed skill.

Mage skill line could have stuff to grant magic units extra abilities as well.

I think there's a lot more that can be done with the hero's advancement and how it effects things on the battlefield.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
What I would think would be cool is more hero skills that open up unit tactical options.

For instance, warrior skill line that has skills that give all units categorized as archers a 'volley' skill, or all units with swords some bleed skill.

Mage skill line could have stuff to grant magic units extra abilities as well.

I think there's a lot more that can be done with the hero's advancement and how it effects things on the battlefield.
I'd like to see more skills that play around with the battlefield. Part of the reason I like abilities like Mystic Egg, trap, Demon Portal, etc, is because they wall off certain parts of the arena, or give you a moments reprieve against an attack, or something like that.

Shamans throwing down totems to prevent archers from shooting for instance, is cool. Maybe a plaguebearer unit for the Undead that throws Oil Mist flasks, shoots poison cloud and can cast 'trap' once per combat (trap poisons). Something like that.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

The hero need's more abilities. Maybe some specialization (in certain races) or battlefield changes (change arena or bring up things like volcanoes and the like, although your dragon does it too)

I would love some demons /undead skills (there's a lack for them). From the basic reduce leadership to give new abilities (more damage to humans for example)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!