Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

And don't forget to delete the cache folder located in My Documents\1cSoftclub\... after you installed the beta, then start the game and make a quick mission, then exit the game, and restart it.
This cache file stores shaders from older versions, so cleaning it and letting the game recreate it optimizes it.

Epilepsy filter should be disabled at all costs
Steam is not that bad, it rarely got in my way (the problem was my internet connection, not steam itself).

Win 7 is mandatory as well.

To go multiplayer, start the game, click on multiplayer, client, refresh, and some populated servers will show up. You just have to select it, read the quick briefing, see the players in it, and click on join.

A quite recent rig is needed to enjoy the game to its full potential. It is still rather playable on an older rig, at the expense of lowering the graphics quality and some minor stutters.

This should give you and your squad a good headstart, as most of the time if someone is having issues with the game it's because one of these conditions isn't met.

Cheers!