Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

good job!! thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

I've finally gotten around making a AZP packer script, it packs up all the vulnerable files in an archive making the HUD read-only setting a thing of the past.

Once I've found and fixed the Player safe issue I'll release an updated Unofficial Patch, I think it might be the last one for a long time.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

The latest unofficial patch 1.06 was released some time ago and I think I should mention that you need to run the PatchMe.bat file once you've copied the patch files to your game directory.

The bad news is that the Player Base safe key issue is not fixed, it is out of my reach.

The good news is that the corrupted TGA issue is now a thing of the past since they will be packed inside an archive. If you already has set all the TGA's in the BMP\HUD\ sub-folders to read-only they will not be deleted after the PatchMe.bat has been run, but it wont effect your gameplay if they are still around. But I do recommend that you make a clean install to get rid of any other old files that might cause problems.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

First thanks to everyone for the patch. Definite improvement. I have noticed a few very minor issues.

1. Rebels sometime spawn with suppressed MP5KA4. MP5K shouldn't be allowed to have a suppressor.

2. Type 56 Rifle(Chinese AK) has a minor typo, caliber shows as 5.45x39mm on mouseover and the info window.

3. Don't even know if I should mention this as it's probably more work than it's worth. But the meager info I've seen on the Type 63 says it's select fire and uses 15 round mags or can use modified AK mags.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Wrong thread...cant delete..

Last edited by JackintheBox; 04-17-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

I haven't played the game in quite a while, due to my old PC dying. I had my files backed up on a slave drive, and to understand how long it's been since I last played the "latest patch" that I had in storage was 0.86 or so.

I recently reinstalled the game onto my rebuilt PC, including the new 1.06 patch. Everything was working great up until a few days ago though. For some reason, every once in a while the menu screen will go black on me. The game still works, but in order to get menu graphics back again I needed to restart the game client. I could still use hotkeys to save, load, exit, etc.

But last night, restarting the client stopped fixing the problem. Now I get a completely black menu screen immediately upon running the game. I can still use function keys to save, load, etc but I can't see squat until the game loads up. What I CAN see on those black menu screens is the white text showing the version number in the upper right corner, but that's it.

I normally run 1280x1024 resolution, so I tried swapping to 1024x768. Funny thing is, it fixed the problem...for a while. This morning, the same thing happened at the new resolution as well; menu screens go all black, restarting the client doesn't fix the problem. And no, I have no intentions of running the game on 800x600 (this isn't Windows 3.1 anymore).

I have not installed any of the mods yet. Just a fresh install, applied the 1.06 patch, and started up a new game. The menu screens work fine with 800x600 for now, but when trying to load up 1024x768 or 1280x1024 I still see just the black screen with version number. I have tried adjusting graphics options, but haven't found anything that fixes the issue.

I don't recall having this problem EVER during previous patch versions, and I played for several months before. I have been playing for less than a week now and I'm already getting this problem at least once a day (prior to having permanent black screen).

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or and how to fix it? Again, it doesn't prevent me from playing the game as long as I use function keys to save/load/exit. But it is pretty annoying that nothing I try will fix it. Makes me wonder what else is going to mess up next.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

The game has the tendency to kinda digest itself. Luckily the solution is quite easy, alas you need to reinstall the game. then simply set the folder 'BMP' and all contained files and folders to write protect.

The reduction of resolution helped because the games textures are different for each of them. By this way you just gave the game an opportunity to further digest itself.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm not even in the mood to "reinstall" again, and luckily it won't come to that. I went ahead and ran the "PatchMe.Bat" file and it fixed the problem while still leaving my save games in place. I'm now able to run 1280x1024 resolution again and the menus show up normally.

It's unfortunate that for what ever reason, the developers released a game that has/had such great potential, yet they left it in a state of disease. There are so many bugs and critical issues with the game that often makes it unplayable, and having to reinstall your game every other week is not a good sign of proper beta testing. And the fact that the "patches" have all been unofficial public releases makes it worse. R@S and his crew have done a great job fixing what they can, but there's only so much they can fix from their end.

I don't want 1C to think I'm putting them down, they release some of the best military-related games out there. But they need to start booting some heads to get their products properly supported.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Unable to run PatchMe.bat

Hello, I am running Windows Vista x64. I have installed my new game in C:\Games\7.62

I use 7zip to extract the patch files to my game folder. Then I run PatchMe.bat as administrator and receive the following pop up.

'azp.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file directory.a.
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\directory.a
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\files.a
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\azp.exe
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue. . .

When I start the game is says I am on version 1.11 build 286. Am I patched? What did I do wrong? Any help is great, thanks guys.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Nevermind, I got it working. I just tried again this time moving the files over manually instead of unzipping. Then was able to run the .bat successfully by NOT running as administrator. Thanks guys looking forward to the new stuff!