Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Default Overwatch/Guard Mode?

Hi there. I've only just started playing 7.62 (with unofficial patch) but hoping to move onto blue sun once i've finished . Is there a guard/overwatch mode where if the mercs are put into this mode they will automatically start to fire on any enemys within their arc of fire? Something similar to JA:BIA "guard" button for example. The manual mentioned something about "Aim point", on pg20, doing this but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a special way to activate it etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

I believe there is no such thing as 'interrupt' where your mercs can interrupt an enemy turn and fire at him since it was introduced for turn-based games while 7.62 is real-time. If your merc sees an enemy and he has no pending tasks (finishing a movement, aiming at a different direction, relaxing from shock, etc.) he can aim and fire. I don't think there is option to make your soldiers fire automatically, but I may be wrong.

Aim point in 7,62 and interrupt in X-Com or JA series are somewhat different things. In 7,62, when your merc sees an enemy somewhere, he needs to turn, raise weapon, take aim and finally shoot. This may take quite some time and an enemy may shoot first. To improve his chances of survival, you can order your merc to aim at a point where you think enemy will appear (corner of a house, doorway, etc.) to complete all the necessary preparations (turn, aim) beforehand so when an enemy appears all your merc has to do is to pull the trigger (takes 0.1-0.3 seconds I think).

The model of the game is rather unique because these reaction times are heavily influenced by adrenaline level. Inexperienced mercs tend to have large adrenaline influx when something unexpected and dangerous happens (like enemy soldier appears), which makes their movements quicker, but much less precise. Some weapons are a lot quicker to turn than others, so an enemy with a pistol can fire almost instantly (without aiming) after entering a room, so your merc with an assault rifle may fail to shoot first even if he aimed at a door beforehand. Inexperienced mercs also tend to get into a shock state for a couple of vital seconds even if they have already aimed at a point where an enemy appears.