Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Fantasy Wars Game Guide

In lack of a proper game guide I decided to create one of my own, which is now available on GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...me/939198.html).

Hopefully this will aid people in perk selection and the campaign. I would not be surprised to see if there are some typos or bugs in it since its quite a long rant, but I welcome any suggestions for improvement.

Let me know what you think.

A big thanks to Nobilis for a great game!

Last edited by ping9646; 08-21-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Wow, amazing work!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Approved Member

yeah great job ping.

One thing that would be good to have is a table that shows you the upgrade progression for a unit and the perk consequences of upgrading at a particular level. ie if you upgrade your unit at level-2, you won't get access to the level3-5 perks of the old unit type unless they are also available under the upgraded type. I've not tried to map that out, but I am guessing for some units it is better to wait to upgrade if you are trying to get a specific perk.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

That is a good idea bman, but I suspect there are too many variations to make it into a comprehensive structure.
You are quite correct in that it might be worthwile to wait to upgrade a unit before getting certain perks for it. The peasant is a perfect example of a unit you would first want to get to level 5 and then upgrade, for instance.

I am going to post an update to the guide now, as I saw that there were some omitted information, and formatting issues with the first version.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Impressive, nice job )
Old 09-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

That is an excellent guide! Guides for TBS games are typically few and far between, so it's nice to see someone put some effort into our favorite genre. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Nels, the link in your sig is f**ked up. Too many https in there
Old 09-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Great Work and looking for the updated version

Keep up the good job

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Whoa.. I don't know there's a benefit to hold the upgrade. I usually just click upgrade when it available
Old 09-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Normally it is not necessary to hold the upgrades as most units in a specific upgrade branch has the same perks, but of course there are very interesting exceptions. I wish this game had at least one unique perk for each unit as to make the upgrade + perk selection a tad more interesting.

As for the FAQ I now think I am finished with it, if you do not have any ideas of what should be added. Maybe the stats for the end boss?