Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare: 1242

Real Warfare: 1242 New historical RTS game

Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Default Access Violation

I just got the Steam version and am having Access Violation problems. I see on the Rw2 Northern Crusades forum that others are having similar problems there, something to do with video card 3D settings. I tried the suggested fix, but it seems good only for NVidia graphics cards. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000. Is there a comparable fix I can use? Or any fix?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

same here i am playing through gamefly but it just says access violation and crashes.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

i am having the same issue
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

i found a way to make this work although it seems to bypass steam so i would only consider it a "work around" till the issue is solved.

-navigate to C/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Real Warfare.

-find engine.exe right click and select Troubleshoot compatibility let windows do it's thing and set the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 (at least that is what my computer chose).

at the finish of the Troubleshoot thing Windows gave me a message that it detected a non-compatible application just close the troubleshooter.

-right click engine.exe and Send to Desktop (create shortcut).

-go to your desktop and rename the shortcut to Real Warfare 1242... or not, it's up to you.

by doing this the Steam message telling me that this game requires additional activation stopped, but i am pretty sure that all the other Steam BS is not working ether (i haven't checked), this could be good or bad, again it's up to you.

please note that i have Windows 7 32 so that worked for me, it may not for you, although i hope it does this game is too much fun not to play because of some seemingly random Steam issue.

i also have not tried it on RW2.