Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Nah, let him be male, I already made all the ingame images with the picture you posted. Changing sex would force me to do it again, and you know how lazy I am

I now have a solid team for the start, any more additions will have to be added through save game editing. So I'll start playing asap and will hopefully have something to post very soon, wherever we end up posting it.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Ps, the game is Shadow Company: Left for dead.
I decided to install it again today.

I'm looking forward to your updates!

Also, where can I acquire 2.0beta?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

The link and instructions can be found here, but I have made some changes and fixes already. I might release those fixes before the official release, but have to do some more testing so I don't cause any more frustration.

Shadow Company eh, I wonder if I can find it again, think I still have it in a box somewhere.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

Hey guys. Making a post here to be "visible" and stuff.

What follows is an exact copy of my post in the BSM forum:

Hm... I think I'll run a medic, since nobody else has yet.
Still need to figure out a picture, but:
Bio: Secretly a coward, Harold "HK" Kaufmann works hard to act brave in the face of danger, but his preference for long rifles and sniper scopes speaks to his desire to stay far from potential incoming fire. A childhood accident with a carving knife hamstrung him and almost left HK unable to walk, which inspired him to heal and instilled a deep fear of pain, most especially from knives. Halfway through medical school, HK was kidnapped, tortured, and brainwashed by a neo-fascist terrorist group. Stockholm's Syndrome set in, and he eventually trained willingly with the terrorists. While HK was enslaved by the terrorists, both his parents passed away, largely from grief. After an American counter-terrorist group raided the compound and captured the cell, HK was halfway to being convicted of terrorism when it was revealed that he had been kidnapped and needed psychological help rather than a lifetime jail term. HK has since broken free of Stockholm's, but the whole three-year ordeal deepened his cowardice. As soon as the psychiatrists declared him healthy, he was put out of the hospital without a home to go back to. Alone, penniless, and with little left to lose, HK signed up for the first job his peculiar arrangement of medical knowledge, combat skills, and noncitizen status would allow: Medic for a bunch of mercenaries in some shithole country named "Algeira."
Pros: Medical skill, minor sniping/shooting skills
Cons: Terrified of knives (refuses to admit that a scalpel is a knife), cowardly.
Other notes: Born in Portugal to German parents, HK speaks Portuguese and German as first languages, and English with a Portuguese accent. Also, his nickname is more than his initials: It's also his favorite gunmaker. It's heritage and all that.

Last edited by Waladil; 07-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

I posted the LP at the codex, here's the link:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...un-sslp.73893/

We'll see how it goes, if it doesn't work we'll try somewhere else.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

Wow, you cleared the base really fast. Normally I try this only at night and when I got better gear.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

I got really lucky I guess, and having Geroj with that Glock 22 was like having a hip shot wonder boy on the team

Even if I'm playing hardcore, I had to load once in the beginning when The Brock rounded that first corner and got such high adrenalin he was pretty useless. He got shot to pieces and almost died. But other than that it was smooth sailing, smoother than it usually is. And it's more fun playing this game carefully when you restrict yourself from loading, your tactics and planning becomes more important.

We have another skirmisher waiting to join the team, and we'll soon have the money to hire him. I'm going to go through the next session and add some banter, then I'm gonna start playing again, see if I can't get enough money to hire Kestrel.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Last time I had to clear the base, I had a USAS-12 automatic shotgun with 20rd drums.

Worked quite well, I can tell you
Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Approved Member

As for the latest decision: Arrest him!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Mick, you just made my day

I woke up this morning and the vote was still a tie, and I'm itching to continue the game, so thanks for that.