Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Default Let's Play 7.62HC again, Total Eclipse of the Blue Sun

Moved here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...un-sslp.73893/

Last edited by R@S; 07-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Also moved here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...un-sslp.73893/

Last edited by R@S; 07-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Here we have our first companion, anyone interested in joining our squad?
I'd be happy to be a merc.

I'll write up a character tomorrow, a skirmisher (high stamina, SMGs / short barreled assault rifles like a SIG-552 or AK-102, only concealed vests, etc). High mobility, fast aim, short to medium distance.

I agree with your playstyle. Scavenging is more fun than buying, and it's fun when you're in a desperate situation due to crap weapons/low ammo and such. Difficulty settings are perfect.

I'm just a little bit concerned about holding the LP here, on the 1C forums. This place is pretty much deserted.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Awesome, looking forward to see what you come up with. I got the evening shift at work tomorrow so I'll spend the morning playing a bit, might get enough material for the next chapter.

And I agree, the traffic on this site is not very good, but as the say, if you build it they will come. I registered an account at the RPG Codex, but it seems I need to post and then wait for an admin approval before anyone else can see it. And SA is out of the question since Sperglord is already entertaining us there. So if you are OK with the codex I think that would be our best option. But you might have another site that would suit our purposes.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

I dunno, SA is the perfect place for Let's Plays. Might be a bit redundant to make another thread there, but it's still the best place.

The codex is a cesspit of trolls and idiots, in my experience. Maybe it's different now but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

If anything the JA Bear's Pit might be an interesting place for this.

Or we can stay here and see what we can reel in. But so far it seems to be just us two.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

I agree with both if you. SA already has a 7.62 LP and here might seem deserted. And yes the codex is a cesspit but "kill it with fire" "blasphemy" and angry trolls carrying pitchforks is what you ll probably encounter at bear's pit.

Actually, there are already five or six of us. Of course we need more.
So, here is good enough for me.

p.s. @ R@S : go vanilla.
p.s. of p.s. Scavenging! Yey!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Actually, I read some of the LP's over at the codex and it seems to be a lot better than it was a year or so ago. People seem to do less thread-pooping now as long as they find the LP entertaining.

The pit might also work, but I would have to ask Shanga first to see if we could hog some of their bandwidth for this game. There are a lot of closeted players over there, so an LP might bring them out in the light.

@Iceshade
I now have 3 LP characters ready, with pictures and bio. Once I get yours and one from Waladil we'll have enough players to start.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Biography: Tero Chadwick was never one for law and order. As a child, he regularly hang around with "the wrong people". He got into shady business with gangs, doing jobs for them. A good runner, he regularly managed to escape the authorities by outmaneuvering them through the alleys and streets of York. As he grew up, so did the scale of his activities. Robberies made way for heists or outright assassination. When the authorities managed to crack down on his employers he started to feel the heat. He signed up as a contractor, moving from one civil war to the next. For his speed and agility, and tendency to strike from an unexpected angle, he received the nickname "Kestrel".

Playstyle: Highly mobile, attacking from flanks. Quickly pops up/around corners, fires a burst or two, returns to cover or relocates.

Pros: Skirmisher, stamina, dexterity.
Cons: Prefers mobility over anything, thus refuses to use external armour, backpacks or heavy weapons.

Picture:

Recognise it?

Last edited by IceShade; 07-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

I do have a sense of recognition, but a weak one and I can't name the game.

I gave him some stats that would fit his bio, but he's pretty skilled for the early parts of the game.

Catchphrase: Pickaboo, I see you!

Preferred weaponry: SIG-552 or AK-102, but any short barreled assault rifle will do in a pinch.

Pros: Highly mobile flanker.

Cons: Can't stay still for long, thus refuses to use external armor, backpacks or heavy weapons.

HP 100
EN 100
EYE 80
HRN 71
STR 75
STM 82
DXT 87
AGT 71
REA 51
INT 78
EXP 46
SHT 57
SNP 30
GFT 61
HWP 35
THR 33
HtH 39
CAM 56
SAP 3
MED 10
STH 51
LED 31
CHA 23
TRD 0

Does this seem OK with you? Please ofer suggestions and I'll make some adjustments. I should also mention that since I have run out of male free mercs I made him recruitable. So as soon as I have enough money he'll be added to the team, which shouldn't be too long since I used a somewhat cheap merc as template.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
I do have a sense of recognition, but a weak one and I can't name the game.

I gave him some stats that would fit his bio, but he's pretty skilled for the early parts of the game.

Catchphrase: Pickaboo, I see you!

Preferred weaponry: SIG-552 or AK-102, but any short barreled assault rifle will do in a pinch.

Pros: Highly mobile flanker.

Cons: Can't stay still for long, thus refuses to use external armor, backpacks or heavy weapons.

HP 100
EN 100
EYE 80
HRN 71
STR 75
STM 82
DXT 87
AGT 71
REA 51
INT 78
EXP 46
SHT 57
SNP 30
GFT 61
HWP 35
THR 33
HtH 39
CAM 56
SAP 3
MED 10
STH 51
LED 31
CHA 23
TRD 0

Does this seem OK with you? Please ofer suggestions and I'll make some adjustments. I should also mention that since I have run out of male free mercs I made him recruitable. So as soon as I have enough money he'll be added to the team, which shouldn't be too long since I used a somewhat cheap merc as template.

That looks good!

If you prefer it, I can change it to a female merc by changing the name and picture... I don't care about gender.