Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Anyone interested in an SSLP?

I stumbled across this lovely SSLP made by Sperglord Actual over at SA and found it both amusing and instructive. Thanks for that Sperglord Actual

Since I have been away for a while and neglected my duties with BSM, I need some motivation to actually get BSM 2.0 released officially. I need to test all the fixes for the reported errors, and I still don't have that much spare time. But considering what we have achieved the last 3 years with this mod, some input and support from the community might be just the kick in the behind I need to give modding top priority again.

So I put forth this query to our members, would any of you be interested in an SSLP? I might make a tactical LP of the "Evolution of Weapons" campaign, showing different tactics and how the best tactical squad game in the world works. Or I might make a run through the BSM missions, showing how the missions were intended to work, not how most people play them.

Please leave a note if this is something you might be interested in, and suggestions of how the LP should play out.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Ah, finally.. a new goon Let's Play. The last one I can remember ended in disaster, because he kept getting corrupted saves.

How can I help? What do I need to do?

Last edited by IceShade; 06-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

I've seen a note that HLA has solved the problem with spawning on the map inside the car, and improved gui with more then 5 mercs. Maybe port those changes.

I would love to spawn further from the enemies. Since the rifles came into play I always start under fire.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

@IceShade
I suspected(and hoped) that you'd be interested, and so far I only have the notion to do something like this. I haven't given it too much thought, but through an open discussion I hope we can produce something entertaining while at the same time educational.

I saw that you have an account at SA, something I don't, so maybe you can assist or even take the responsibility of posting it? I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for an LP, and the BSM site is definitely not up to the task. That leaves the RPG Codex, which might also work for us.

But for starters, you could tell me what you'd like to see in an eventual SSLP, get the ball rolling of sorts.

EDIT: And keep in mind that I have god-like powers when it comes to the 7.62 world, I can set up game scenarios with a few lines of code.

@void1984
I think this is the wrong thread for this discussion, and I don't plan to use the latest exe from HLA. It would add many new very nice functions, but they will be in Russian.

Last edited by R@S; 06-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
@IceShade
I suspected(and hoped) that you'd be interested, and so far I only have the notion to do something like this. I haven't given it too much thought, but through an open discussion I hope we can produce something entertaining while at the same time educational.

I saw that you have an account at SA, something I don't, so maybe you can assist or even take the responsibility of posting it? I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for an LP, and the BSM site is definitely not up to the task. That leaves the RPG Codex, which might also work for us.

But for starters, you could tell me what you'd like to see in an eventual SSLP, get the ball rolling of sorts.

EDIT: And keep in mind that I have god-like powers when it comes to the 7.62 world, I can set up game scenarios with a few lines of code.

@void1984
I think this is the wrong thread for this discussion, and I don't plan to use the latest exe from HLA. It would add many new very nice functions, but they will be in Russian.
I'll forward this thread to Something Awful (there should be a dedicated 7.62 thread, otherwise the LP is where I'll post it), and maybe we can get some correspondence heading both ways. Though I still recommend you get a SA account, for 10 dollars, because imo it is worth it. And you can post yourself
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for your assistance IceShade

I have this thing about free speech, you know, it being free(of charge) and all...

But joking aside, I had an idea when I was about to fall asleep last night. How about a cooperative tactical LP? I could set up a scenario using the "Evolution of Weapons" campaign, but we start with 5 or 6 mercs. Those of us that are willing to participate will get to name and select a picture for one of the mercs on that team.

Then the first player starts the campaign and plays one or two encounters, showing off tactics that works with the weapons available. When done and LP posted, the save game from the end of the first or second encounter gets sent to the next player, who'll get to equip the mercs with the gear available as loot. The second player plays one or two encounters and then posts and sends the save game to the next in line. And round and round we go, showing which weapons are useful in which situation depending on what is available. It will also prevent the LP from getting too repetitive, showing off a wide variety of tactics and weapons.

Just an idea, might not be the best one I've had, but it's something I'd like to see.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

This post might interest you, R@S.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...#post405035568

As for the SSLP, that sounds good. Mind you, I'm still running 1.9 and if you're running a LP in 2.0beta I can't help you out without ruining all my saves.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

If you have the HD space, you could make a copy of your current game folder and use that for the LP. And since I already have the BSM 2.0 files in a separate folder I could easily include those in the LP pack.

Since all participants needs to use exactly the same files and setup to minimize the risk of corrupting the save file, it actually makes sense to use the BSM 1.9 install program as a base.

I'll also check with D_F_N to see if he has time and is interested, and maybe Geroj is well enough by now to actually play computer games without any pain.

I got the day off from work tomorrow, hurray!, so I'll spend the day contacting the old guard and work with the code.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
If you have the HD space, you could make a copy of your current game folder and use that for the LP. And since I already have the BSM 2.0 files in a separate folder I could easily include those in the LP pack.

Since all participants needs to use exactly the same files and setup to minimize the risk of corrupting the save file, it actually makes sense to use the BSM 1.9 install program as a base.

I'll also check with D_F_N to see if he has time and is interested, and maybe Geroj is well enough by now to actually play computer games without any pain.

I got the day off from work tomorrow, hurray!, so I'll spend the day contacting the old guard and work with the code.
Okay, I'll make a new copy of the game for 2.0beta.

Looking forward to it!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

I started adapting the code for the LP, but got sidetracked by some funny poo poo over at SA. I think I'll break my own rule and pony up the dough for an account. The crazy antics of solarspawn reminded me too much of my own father, and to get access to stuff like that is money well spent.

I was hoping more people would show interested in this, but I guess this site has been neglected for so long it might take some time for the oldies to drop by.

But I'll finish the LP code when I get home from work tomorrow, did a quick test earlier and it seems to work just fine. There are a few things that we would have to decide, like if we are to make it hardcore or not. I played a few encounters and I must admit I'm very rusty, have played BiA recently which uses different control buttons.

Last edited by R@S; 07-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.