Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Oh and yes I purposely made those names as arrogant as possible in hopes of people seeing the name and thinking " I'll show him" and hopefully sticking around to fight. I'm not saying I am a il2 god or anything but most guys who play this know my name some are great players and just want to have fun but some see my name and imediatly quit or drop the room making it hard to find a game this didn't happen in realistic but now that I'm playing arcade again it happens often I'm sure you see it to so sometimes I switch to the other profiles after I see people droping the room when I enter so I can get in there and fly
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

I have been playing Wings Of Prey on PC over the weekend. I have a wireless Xbox PC controller and it plays just like BOP but with the benefit that WOP has lots of extra options. It has customised multiplayer with some great options. Drop in drop out of a game. One match I joined had an unlimited timer with an 800 point limit. For a TB it made for an all afternoon battle. Being able to drop out and rejoin or change planes mid game really makes it perfect.
Suggest anyone who misses BOP to check if their PC laptop can run WOP. I was running it super smooth high graphics on a fairly cheap 13" laptop
Old 05-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I have been playing Wings Of Prey on PC over the weekend. I have a wireless Xbox PC controller and it plays just like BOP but with the benefit that WOP has lots of extra options. It has customised multiplayer with some great options. Drop in drop out of a game. One match I joined had an unlimited timer with an 800 point limit. For a TB it made for an all afternoon battle. Being able to drop out and rejoin or change planes mid game really makes it perfect.
Suggest anyone who misses BOP to check if their PC laptop can run WOP. I was running it super smooth high graphics on a fairly cheap 13" laptop
wow sounds great wookie. i only have a laptop now. will never go back to a pc. too big and cumbersome around the house and logistically not an option for travelling either. my laptop does not have a cd/dvd driver so i'm wondering. did you buy a wop disc or did you download it somehow. if you did download it could you post the link please. i would be interested to see if wop is an option for me. thanks for posting the info wookie. cheers
Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Hi Irish, I am same as you, laptop only user. Can't be bothered sitting at a desk with a big PC. I got WOP from Steam. Its a down load game company that's cloud based. Once you buy a game on there it's on your account and you can install it on any machine in future. It's only £9.99 too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4...nr=1_702_7__13
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Crikey that's fantastic. I'm gonna check them out and see if my unit is compatible. Oh yeah ... just in case you were wondering what the hell was going on earlier this evening. I had one CTA and 5 Strikes to wrap up this evening for 3 trophy unlocks. Hence the frankly ridiculous 3 minute missions with my two sidekicks gary and georgio monkeying about allowing me the easy wins. I must apologize but you didn't have you're mic activated and I hadn't time to explain as the trouble and strife was downstairs with a face like thunder on her waiting impatiently for me to come down. I literally had 15 minutes to wrap things up and just needed a few quick wins. I promise next night I'll add you to my friends list and fly some proper missions.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

All I need for my Green Devil platinum is the B17 unlock and its weapons unlocks so roughly 30 strike wins should see me there or thereabouts. I've won about 20 strike missions using bombers and you need 30 for the B17 unlock and then 20 strike mission victories with the B17 for it's weapons unlocks. Hopefully I can wrap it up this week.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

I played WOP a bit my laptop runs it but not the best I liked it a lot I might try to get back into it if all you guys are migrating that way
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Yes Mav, I will be purchasing this week. I just got my Platinum this evening for BoP with Green_Devil. I'm happy now I have Platinum for both BoP and BoS with my new PSN ID.
Will let you know when I am up and running on the laptop guys.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
I played WOP a bit my laptop runs it but not the best I liked it a lot I might try to get back into it if all you guys are migrating that way
Mav, my PC name is same as PSN so drop me friend request. I will be on this weekend
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Wow all those features sound just like BOS except with BOS you dont have to worry about if your computer can handle the game. Arn't consols grand