Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

It works with the save..... Can you do one more thing for me? Goblin Wizard
Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokain_jtp View Post
It works with the save..... Can you do one more thing for me? Goblin Wizard
Do you want a save with others motherships?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Yes.... i want with Ramadanta.... you can reed may mind....
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

As you wish Now you have all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ms_1.zip (99.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: zip ms_2.zip (100.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
As you wish Now you have all.
Thanks.....
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Goblin Wizard,

First off, I am a long time player of this series and I am grateful for all the mod work you've done over the years and bringing this russian mod to our attention.

That being said, I need help with this. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have been trying to get this mod to work with your translations but I have unable to do so.

I have been able to install the mod and run it without follwing your translation steps of moving the russian folder into the english folder and running your 7zip and it works. I get the russian splashscreen at start and it starts off with a new begining. However, I get placeholder dialogues when I run it like this. Basicly it says Missing Dialogue in the box where the pilot would normally be having text. I assume thats due to my using the english version. So I know I have installed the mod itself corectly.

However, when I copy the russian folder to the english folder and run your program in the main game folder it crashes on startup. I have followed your advice given in earlier posts. I am thinking that I am doing something wrong here and maybe you can elaborate on this step in the process.

Any help is appreciated. I am really dissapointed in the lack of information on Ashes of Victory and this mod looks like it would help kill time until q1 2012 turns into MM/DD/YR.

Last edited by Lotrek; 01-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrek View Post
However, when I copy the russian folder to the english folder and run your program in the main game folder it crashes on startup. I have followed your advice given in earlier posts.
If it crashes archive may be damaged. You can try download it again. Anyway I've just added link to common zip version. I hope it'll work for you now.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried a fresh install using the zip file but it still ctd. I hope others have better luck.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrek View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Tried a fresh install using the zip file but it still ctd. I hope others have better luck.
Don't give up yet. I'll make one file version of the mod with all localization files included. Due to my tragic upload speed it may take a few hours. In meantime could you post what you get in log files when the mod crashes (LOGfile.txt and ScriptErrors.log)?

Hmm.. an idea. Make a fresh install (without localization steps). Open default.cfg in main game folder. 2nd line from the bottom should be __localization_folder "English\". Change English to Russian. Run the game and check if you see russian dialogs (cyrillic). If it works you can try to copy localization manually into Russian folder.

P.S. It's very strange to me. The mod works flawlessly on my desktop and laptop. It's hard to help because I can't duplicate your errors and see what's going on.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

(INFO) Root::ReleaseObjects()
(ERROR) class Root: error in expression: ((g_Root->g_SoundManager)) == FALSE

[EXCEPTION] 0x005eda00 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)

CALL STACK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c:\program files (x86)\valve\steam\steamapps\common\star wolves 2\Star Wolves 2.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(ERROR) class Root: error in expression: ((g_Root->g_SoundManager)) == FALSE

[EXCEPTION] 0x005eda00 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)

CALL STACK
c:\program files (x86)\valve\steam\steamapps\common\star wolves 2\Star Wolves 2.exe

Ok this is the error message in the logfile, sorry for the wall of text. Why it is a sound error is beyond me though. I appreciate you taking the time to reupload.