Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 07-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Default Man of prey translation under way - need help

So while I was waiting for blue sun mod 1.8, i continued a playthrough of man of prey using yang33s machine translation. It's better than nothing but i can't make sense of the story so i started to make up my own based on the cut scenes.

Download the latest beta 0.6 version here

Check the readme for instructions

UPDATE on translation

Completed
All items/weapons
First 5 mission dialogues/cutscenes
Menu - not great but works fine
HUD
Character creation
Skills and Perks
First 30 journal entries

Needs work
The journal - I numbered each journal entry from 1 to 102, writing in entries as I interpreted the events and missions, so far only done up to 30.

If you want to help - post the number and a possible entry:

32 - I need to go to x and kill y because z.
33 - Killed everyone at y and rescued w, now i need to go back to q.

Then I can collate them and update the translation pack

World items - boxes/crates etc - have not been translated - causes too many errors/crashes

Big thanks to R@s for guiding on how to do this, first game modding i've ever done

Would love to hear if anyone actually uses this and would be happy to add any contributions to this pack to complete it. Thanks and enjoy.

Last edited by elk266; 07-23-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

When using TC you need to keep the folder structure intact, the AZP pluging can't handle it otherwise. So if you need to put a file in a folder inside the AZP archive you need to copy the folder too. If the file inside the BMP.azp is in \BMP\HUD\file.tga you need to copy the BMP with the subfolders and files inside it.

I'm not familiar with the MoP file structure, but it might work similar to how 7.62 does. In that case you can leave your edited files outside the AZP archives and they will take presidence over the files inside them. Just make sure the have the same folder structure in the game folder as they had in the archive.

Good luck
Old 07-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

R@S, if I understand you correctly, youre saying we dont have to pack and unpack the AZP for every little modding change we make? Can i simply keep the files in folders in the same structure and the game will read those files over the ones in AZP?
I am asking this for 7.62
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Yeppers, as long as they keep their folder structure they will have the highest priority. Just remember to set all the texture files(TGA and DDS) to read only if they are outside an AZP archive or the game will eventually chew them to bits.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

After looking through the 7.62 file structure for comparison, it seems man of prey works differently, as the bmp folder of the game directory is almost empty. The only thing i can think of is that the game must extract and use the bmp archive while playing the game.
Anyway, i've given up on using the totalcommander azp plugin and am using the azp program from cmd to manually extract and re-pack, so far with some success.

Will update as I get more finished.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

A friend of mine checked it for me and the menu files you are looking for are inside the BMP.AZP archive. Just extract the BMP\HUD\E10_MENU\ folder and look for the MENU0.TGA, MENU1.TGA and MENU2.TGA files, those are the ones that needs translating. These are only for the main screen, the other ones are located in other folders in the HUD older, the folder names should give you a clue about what's what.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

I've been working on the files you mentioned, but as a photoshop noob, I'm struggling to get my edited images displaying properly. It seems there is an alpha channel that displays some russian text and I can't work out how to change/hide it. The result is that the menu has russian and english and looks crap.

I've spent ages on this and need some direction. I know nightprowler has photoshop skillz as he did a great job of 7.62. Care to share some tips?

Anyway, got most of the mission dialogues and cutscenes translated up to mission 4, will take a break as I indulge in some bsm 1.8!! Awesome work R@s
Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

In the small window where you select which layer you want to edit there's a tab called channels, at the bottom of that you can find the alpha channel. A little trick when working with this is to use the magic wand on the other channels to get the selection you want and the switch to the alpha channel and make the slection transparent(white) or not(red).

I hope that makes sense
Old 07-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Overall the translation is going well, just very slowly.

I will post up my modified files soon, just doing some testing.

One interesting thing is that there must have been multiplayer ideas at one stage because there is quite a bit of work done on it.

But like some other missions, items and stuff I've come across, it didn't make it into the final game. I loved playing brigade e5 multi, even if it was limited.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk266 View Post
So while I was waiting for blue sun mod 1.8, i continued a playthrough of man of prey using yang33s machine translation. It's better than nothing but i can't make sense of the story so i started to make up my own based on the cut scenes.

UPDATE on translation

Completed
Most items/weapons
First 5 mission dialogues/cutscenes
Menu - not great but works fine
HUD
Character creation
Perks

Needs work
The journal - this thing is a mess of English, can't make sense of it yet so need to play through more and write it myself
World items - boxes/crates etc - i get crashes when trying to change these, not really important
Fine tuning a lot of machine translated crap - time consuming but getting there

The game is now quite playable, but following the story is tricky at best
I will upload my text files, picture files and instructions next week when hopefully i've finished the game if i can work what to do next.

Big thanks to R@s for guiding on how to do this, first game modding i've ever done
Hey man, the stuff you already translated can be installed in the game? If possible, we move on to what you've done, I'm playing, but do not know anything about Russian.

Another thing, where I find the "yang33s machine translation" ?

Last edited by Iamvirus; 07-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.