Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Hi nocalora29

I`ve figured how to get to that Mod menu, you need to get your Hero pilot out into space in one of your ships, and when you click on that button where you can select one of his special features, then you get an option to activate Mod menu.

And, Mothership switch block feature worked, I had to start a new campaign ( I still start with that huge Mothership, a not with a vanilla Thug :hmm: ) and I had went to Maintenance Station to turn off Mothership switch feature which later allowed me to stay in that Heavy Transport ship, and I had managed to finish that mission.

But, when I had returned to the Trading Station where Alex awaits me with a New mission to Smuggle some stuff, I had a crash after docking to Trade Station and checking that panel with Mercenary availability and News.

Here is my log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6x7n72h5j...82%29.txt?dl=0

I will continue playing to see what happens. Cheers
Old 10-25-2015, 03:41 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Zekito

Thanks for clearing that out, but I still think MSSwitchblock has some undiscovered bugs that most likely will occur if not fixed.

That with the Mercenary crash thing seemingly occurs at random, I think I'll have to Remove the Extended Mercs (6 - 24) back to 6 again, because somehow the Game can't handle 24 and will crash sometimes when the Mercenary menu is Selected, if somebody insists of using them I would recommend saving before Accessing the Merc Menu.

If I don't find another fix for this, the Merc Menu probably is gonna be Reset back to normal in 0.6.1, without the Extender.

I also found another Small bug in that Log, heres an Hotfix to make it more Stable until 0.6.1 gets Released.
SW3.Expansion.v.0.6.0 HotFix #1 (Download) | 194.7MB
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 10-25-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

When trying to download hotfix, It says that the file is not available or removed.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:30 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Whoops, my Mistake!

Here you go: SW3.Expansion.v.0.6.0 HotFix #1 (Download) | 194.6MB
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 10-25-2015 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Mistakes were made
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Downloaded. Is it save game compatible? Or I need to start a new campaign?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:50 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Zekito

It should be, since it only contains some Code-related Changes. and some textures, but SW3 should automatically load them without errors.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

So...i just bought the game, installed it via steam and then used the last release one to patch it and start it with the sw3cwEXP.x64 exe.

first i thought great everything fine but then i saw some weird red/white cubes with some kind of weird cube cage around them flying around.

i presume some missing texture glitch. So i went and installed the prior latest patch over it again, then the new one to hopefuly get the missing textures. after a restart sadly the same...on the mainscreen its still the same.

going to delete it and try to install it with the older one first, then the newest one. f.e SW3.Expansion.v.0.6.0 HotFix #1 and then SW3.Expansion 0.6.0B Balance & File-System & Bugfixing Update Build

Am i missing something? Doing it wrong? I am sure i placed all the files correctly, or do i need to manually activate all Addons in the Addon Folder?

As i plan to stream some of my gameplay i want at least the textures of most ships to be ok and not some flying red/white boxes^^
Old 10-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Ok...in game everything looks fine. So guess the missing texture is just a starting screen glitch.

But...i got the mouse lag bug which i hopefully fixed with setting the poll down to 500, can get lower if needed.

I had like 1k fps in starting screen later after a crash around 500fps.

But after returning the mastiff on the flight back my frames went down to around 10-12fps and when the station exploded my frames went down to like 8-10fps.

i mean i have an i5 with 3.2ghz...and a decent nvidia 580 with 1.5gb ram and 8gb normal ram, should be more enough but guess i might need to install the cloud fix mod.

the biggest headache was first to find out why i had like 20 fighters in my first ship and some weapons (still no clue why), then...why i couldnt get the mastiff. until i saw the message about the force non swap mothership option, dunno why its on as standard which can be a pain for anyone not knowing its on and where to change it.

maybe some instruction or hint that its activated would be nice, or disable it from the start and let people enable it themself.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Little Preview on the Base building thats gonna be included as an Sneak-preview in 0.6.1 its not much, at all, all the other stuff is still in Code only form, but will also get some Videos of it in the near future.

Edit: Preview Video
Additional Notes: This is really nothing special, all the other fun stuff is still only in Code and not visually seeable as of yet, well... atleast without a Crash of course!.
TBA: Unknown, maybe late December, or somewhere Early 2016.

Additionally, STRiNGEDiT and NUMEDiT will be Completely Finished and useable by the next Release
These functions give the player the Ability to Name certain things, and or Type in an Custom Number/Text (as seen in the Video).

Just thought of making a Vid so you know somethings happening.

Another Preview

Edit: huh, this post is now beyond broken cuz of the youtube video... GG 1C!
other Text: Huh? we are FREE!!! WE CAN ESCAPE BROTHERS!

EDIT 2: Oh and sorry for the somewhat hideous color of the Video, I don't know why Sony vegas does that.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 |
SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 11-27-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:45 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @York2016

Im so sorry, I did not even see your Reply or notice it, a month too late but hey...

So, you installed the patch fix thing?, To be honest, I did never tried the expansion mod with it, I merged some Elements of the Patch with this Mod, and didnt thought of somebody using the Patch seperately, so I would Recommend trying it with only Installing the Mod on a fresh install.

What really shouldn't be happening is the sw3cwEXP.exe not working, this is strange, but maybe it has to do with the Patch installed.

The logfile sadly does not tell us much here out of the error in the NewTriggers.script file, but from this point of view, I think the Patch had overwritten the NewTriggers.script file and probably broke alot of stuff with it, I can't say for sure tho.

I'll be also posting a PM to you with the exact contents.

Last edited by nocalora29; 11-22-2015 at 11:41 PM.