Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Hi Evgeny,

Perhaps that's what I will do; I'll write to the support at 1C. However, I've heard many horror stories about the quality of support at the Russian organisations.

Could you please tell me how many people they typically have on support team, what is their level of expertise, and what is the typical time of reply to the support query. This will enable me to estimate the quality and promptness of their response. Thanks.

Regards,
Valerian
Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

The quality of our support team is very high, i think it'd be better to write to them and check their work yourself, and i can say that there have been no complaints by now.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
The quality of our support team is very high, i think it'd be better to write to them and check their work yourself, and i can say that there have been no complaints by now.
I have written to the support as was suggested, and I got reply within few hours.

The support person agreed with my supposition that this could be the driver problem. He said he would pass my letter onto the developers who might release a patch.

I was not happy with that answer, and I installed the old driver (94.24 Forceware, July 2007). The problem was fixed, that is the textures appeared correctly !

I asked another question (why I cannot install the sound patch which I downloaded from the English version of the youareempty.com website). He told me that the English version of the game had the sound problem fixed, so that no sound patch was necessary. I do not think so... the sound patch from the English website has a different filename than the patch from the Russian website. I understand that the Russian sound patch has an additional sound content, and the English sound patch just fixes some hickups. Oh well...

About the game. Actually, I was pleased with the game. I was after an atmospheric shooter game (such as Bioshock), and this was such a game. I got an immersion into the world, and I played it for few hours straight. (I could not play my favourite Half-Life 2 for more than half an hour at once.) I could live with the dated design of some features (such as appearance of the enemies). So, I am happy that I bought this game.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

Greetings to all You Are Empty-fans!

I was about to write an e-mail to Digital Spray when I saw that the site is currently down, as well as the You Are Empty official homepage.

I was playin' this game for quite a few months now. I even wrote a review about the game at ign.com, because everyone was pulling this game down. It's NOT a bad game! If you want to see EXTREMELY bad FPS games, check out Heat, Patriots: a Nation under fire, Power of Destruction, Metal, Heat of war etc. etc. There are lots of videos about these extremely horrible games at YouTube, a good friend of mine made'em (too bad he is also Hungarian, like me).

So! Just because some sucklings didn't like this game, I REALLY enjoyed it! It's still one of my favourite games, and I still play it. I liked it sooo much I was the one who wrote the Walkthrough/FAQ for the game, which you may find at several locations of the Internet (primarily IGN, because I didn't need to register to submit a FAQ).

Great game, there'z no deny in that, but the sounds (and some songs) were horrible. Sorry for this, but I just couldn't stop myself to create an unofficial sound correction pack for this game. I had lots of saved sound effects, and I also own extremely good songs (Heavy Troopers is my favourite and Tristania), so I took the liberty to create an unofficial sound correction pack to upgrade the lousy sound effects, and the bad musics (although there are some really nice tunes, like Totalitarianism Song). My newest idea is to improve this sound correction pack with some disturbing horrormovie music files, if somebody wouldn't like the songs I put in the game.

What other flukes and bugs this game has? Let's see...

- You can't sprint or run. Serious bug.

- Too much Medkits!

- Invisible walls. This is what I hate the most. Not just in You Are Empty, but almost every FPS. "We don't want you to climb that wall and that object, and that and that etc. because we'd need to design and draw extra textures and sprites, and we'd need to create more corridors, rooms, even secret places, so we put an invisible wall there." This is SO annoying, and in this game,there are lots of invisible walls, your movement is really restricted. Serious bug.

- The levels are very linear. There are no side branches, dead ends, secret areas etc. You have

been provided with the illusion that you can go almost everywhere, but you'll realize it's pure illusion. Many FPS games suffer from this disease: linear levels. Compare it with the good old Wolfenstein 3D or Doom levels! This game also has this bug, although there are SOME secret areas hidden in the game. If you spy carefully, you can locate them.

- Flames don't really hurt you most of the time.

- Your character cannot tolerate falling. If you fall from bigger heights than 1 metre, you die. Serious bug.

- That ballerina is a total joke. Take a look at his head when he dies. Yuck!

- The farmer guy in Kolhoz has extremely idiot speech.

- The chairman in City Council has distorted voice (this has been corrected in my unofficial sound pack).

- The bodies of the killed enemies are often stuck into the wall or to the ground, and struggle there. It's funny nevertheless, but really disturbing.

- The Electric gun is a pile of poo. Useless.

- Try shooting the lamps. You get funny results.

- Some doors magically close behind you. Many of the doors cannot be opened.

- Ladder climbing is a little bit hard. Always save before climbing downwards.

- The metro left the platform without its doors once. Of course I couldn't complete the level.

- The dropped weapons often stick to the ground in weird positions.

- No boss enemies.

- At the end of the game, two options are offered for you to choose. But no matter what you do, you can choose only the second one.

If these minor little bugs could be corrected, it would be a perfect game! Will there be a sequel made, or a second part? I would be most happy!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Unfortunately the team that was developing the game broke up and I guess there will be no expansion or sequel to this one. At least I haven't heard about it.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Oh...I see. At least they could release a map editor or something. I really liked the ending of this game with the two possible outcomes, and I thought they left out the first selection because they're making a second part which would tell you what would have happen if you stay in that world.

Another interesting thing: When you're in the Tower, at the very last enemy fights (at that giant cube), if you peek out of the windows, you see ANOTHER Tower far in the distance! There are two Towers?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

This is a great game. It's too bad the developers are no longer together.

Carey
Old 06-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Hello! i bought You Are Empty yesterday. Now i am in the beggining of the second level (hospital 2) i have killed all monsters but i dont know what to do next! There is not any path so i can continue the level. I am here PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN View Post
Hello! i bought You Are Empty yesterday. Now i am in the beggining of the second level (hospital 2) i have killed all monsters but i dont know what to do next! There is not any path so i can continue the level. PLEASE HELP ME!!
You can find the solution here: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/835/835766p1.html
Have a good time
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

hELLO!! i am playing You Are empty and i am in the Roofs level. I think i am at the end of the level where am waliking on big city . Now what do i need to do?