Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Default Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades in Development

1C Company and Unicorn Games announced today the development of Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades, the next title in the series of realistic real-time strategy games. Real Warfare 2 covers various periods in the development of present day civilization from the Middle Ages to today.
This new title allows players to witness the key events in the history of the Teutonic Order in the 13th century, namely conquering the pagan Prussia. All battles form a single storyline campaign. The player will act as a Komtur of the Teutonic Order as they relive the battles of the crusaders, challenges include the low manpower of the Order and the strong resistance of the heathens.

Last edited by Shega; 09-09-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

excellent

I'd love a castle building aspect to this series aswell. maybe for the next game

Last edited by Divebomb; 09-10-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Excellent and spectacular!

But why 2Q2011? In the russian site of 1C is written fall 2010? Again in the same period of new TW? Six months of delay will kill again the each form of multiplayer community, like for XIII\1242.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Sounds great, just a pitty that so little advertising is done, you could get a larger crowed when advertising more.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,
I just got XIII Century, and I like it, cant wait for the new title, since we will have campaign & siege (I am a fan of siege battles in M2TW).
It is pitty there is little info & advertisment of the game even for the old titles, I think the game has alot of potential to attract more Total War fans, since total war going to more arcadish direction, and this game going more to tactical & simulation.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

It's interesting how siege battles will be implemented. Siege battles in ToW series are neat, but developers were forced to make it more arcadish as you say - for example, remember those troops tunneling in real-time in R:TW?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

I prefer forget RTW one of the bigger delusion of my life.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Yes I remember that, but how the Real Warefare could do it in different way, for now I can imagine (from the pics) that siege will be a combination of siege towers + catabults attacks, anyone has more information if more tactics will be used in siege, which will make the game unique and more simulation.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

I am waiting in anticipation of this new Real Warfare Northern Crusades, if I were the Dev team.. perhaps thinking about a demo, before release chaps.. just a thought?
Yes for me MTW2 is too arcadish for me.. however there are some brilliant mods, which address this.
But for me real time simulated battles much like Real Warfare's predecessors... is the way to go... and Northern crusades looks like the game I want.. these titles have piqued my interest again in the Medieval period, and I wish these games every success.. like I said a demo would be marvelous.. especially with the skeptical TW fans.. I have had members inquire over at TWC about these games but they cant find very much info on them.
One member had the memory leak problem... sorted that one for them.
Anyway developers keep up the good work..
I mod total war games (music mainly) and better renders!(Graphical)
I may start to learn how to mod Real-warfare.. but from what I see that isn't really necessary as the Devs seem to have it spot on to my mind.. so thanks Developers.. cant hardly wait for Northern Crusades.
Alert me when the Russian version arrives eh?

Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 10-15-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
I may start to learn how to mod Real-warfare.. but from what I see that isn't really necessary as the Devs seem to have it spot on to my mind.. so thanks Developers.. cant hardly wait for Northern Crusades.
Alert me when the Russian version arrives eh?

I agree, I really see that developers did great job, I dont think someone would make a mod for (better knights), we already have the best knights looking ever