Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars)

Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars) Sequel to Fantasy Wars. Turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Modding

Hello Everybody I've recently gotten this game (along with Fantasy Wars) and I really like it so far, but I have hit a wall with attempting to mod it. Internet searches didn't turn up anything useful, meaning that this game is in deep need of love. Anyway, I want to tap into whatever knowledge anybodies gained about modding the game and add my own.

1) I can't figure out how to change a unit's maximum level. I tried \Data\GameData\Units\UnitLimits.ini, but that did not work. Testing seems to reveal that it affects graphical bars and not actual numbers. Changing "maxMovepoints = 10" to 2 means that 2+ movepoints will fill up the stat bar but will allow you to move as far as you want.

2) I figured out Perk selection, mostly. When a unit levels up you get to pick a perk from a list found in "UnitPerks.xml". Perk selection is often repeated, but you always get 3 to pick from. If a perk that should be available is already picked(or otherwise gotten) then a previous (most recent?) perk is once again available.

3) How do you change a unit's stats? In Fantasy Wars(FW) there was a file called "UnitTypes.csv" but now it's gone.

4) The Map editor is screwed up. It's still fully usable but the problem is annoying. When you hover over a unit in the left side it should provide a description, what it does instead is provide a description of all the units ever, filling up the screen. It seems the me that this is a localization problem, does anybody have a fix or and idea of where the problem is?

5) Are there any mods available for Elven Legacy? I couldn't find any and I would like to use and dissect them for information.

6) Is it possible to import the FW campaign to EL? I tried but I got a locData error. I just don't want both installed at once.

7) In FW I can do a hotseat against the computer. In EL I can't. It's possible to work around this using the map editor. Open the map, go to Fractions (sic, it should be Factions). Now set whichever one you want to be the computer player.

Now for two questions about gameplay.

A) I'm not sure how attacks are used. Missile attacks(including war machines) aren't retaliated against. Charge+melee is the only dual attack. Skirmishers retaliate with skirmish but archers don't retaliate with missile (even against skirmishers).

B) How do terrain bonuses work when attacking? Does it matter what hex you attack from? What if you have some terrain perks?

That's all I have for now. Even if you don't have anything to contribute regarding my questions. I'm hoping that there's a nascent Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy community here. It's a great game and the only reason I don't consider as good as Fantasy General is because it can't bring back my childhood.

NOTE: Cross-Posted to Paradox Forums