Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Default where is the save game file?

Just started playing this game, and after playing the human campaign up until the 6th mission I've decided to replay it with a more "optimized" army. But before doing so, I want to backup my save game files.

In what directory are the save game files stored?

I tried searching this forum, the closest I found was the "/Fantasy Wars/Profile" path, but no such directory is in my installation.

No game directory created in "My Games". And in "/Nobilis/Fantasy Wars" directory I only see the following subfolders:

Data
Data Tools
DirectX 9.0c
LocData
VCredist_x86

Help?

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: (2010-07-13)

Well, I still haven't found where the game places the save game files... I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS and attached is a screen shot of the installation directory. From what I've researched, I should have a "Profiles" folder, right? I'll check if it is hidden in some way... (edit: quick update, was able to show hidden files and folders, but still no profiles folder in the said directory)

Anyways, I have found a workaround to my issue: I simply created a new profile and started a new campaign with what I believe is an optimized lineup.

Just a bit off topic, I don't see why others feel eagles are useless. I currently use 5 of them, and plan to develop 3 into bombers. I think they are the best units in the game (for the human campaign), and here are the reasons why:

1) They are like heroes, only taking wounds and are always at full offensive capabilities (no problems attacking a broken enemy in a river with a 1HP unbroken eagle).

2) As flying units, they move fast and ignore all terrain. And you can get them the "Segmented Movement" skill at level 2.

3) Their level 1 ability "Shadow of a Vulture" gives -1 to attacks of all enemies under them and around them (7 hexes total), and like with all "aura" abilities IT STACKS (5 eagles mean -5 to all attacks of the center enemy).

4) Very few enemies can attack them, and they are good skirmisher killers.

5) They work very well with the equally fast and mobile elite rangers (rangers harass and fear an enemy towards a river and the eagle finishes it off).

Or maybe I'm just being a newbie to this game for loving the eagles.

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: (still 2010-07-13)

Wow, 33 views and still no suggestions as to where the save game file might be located? Even when I finish a game, I usually make a backup of my save game folder for posterity (and just in case I want to play the game again). It did mention in the uninstall procedure that the save game files would not be wiped out by the uninstall, so I might uninstall the game sometime (after backing up the whole installation folder) just to see where the save game file is. Given that this is a digital purchase from Gamer's Gate, no problems uninstalling it and installing it again as they give you a new key if you happen to use up the 5 activations.

Anyways, I thought I might give another interesting tip that I found out: if you keep your unit as a bowman up until level 3, you could get the following skills: bodkin arrows (+1 missile), ralin boots (+1 movement), eagle eye (+1 sight & see invisible); then change it into a crossbowman and when you reach level 4 you still have the option of choosing slayer.

Army composition so far (just started mission 5): 3 heroes, 5 eagles, 4 rangers, 3 crossbowmen, 2 feudal knights, 1 ballista (mix and match as needed by the mission). Gold so far in Hard mode for the first 4 missions; and I only failed to kill all enemies in the first mission (was still able to capture all towns, but failed to deal the killing blow to one of the two extra enemies beyond the castle objective).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fantasy wars directory.jpg (177.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 07-14-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Sorry, I don't know Windows 7, but in XP it is under Nobilis/Fantasy Wars/Profiles/*.*

I just copy all the folders that say "Profile.01" etc.

Plus the "Settings.xml" file if I use the same computer, but not if I change computers