Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
Yeah, you can add those files without problems, they are from the latest BSM fix and a few other fixes I made along the way.
Thanks, I'm using them now. My Total Commander reply is in the BSM thread.
Quote:
The biggest changes in the alternative WEAPONINFO is the weapon range, and that changes the game quite a bit.
To add to what safoolfool said, I saw from a glance at "HK416 10Inch w Frontgrip" and "AW Covert" plus a pistol or two, that mainly you've increased the effective and maximum ranges while lowering the range curvature for straighter, longer-distance ("more realistic") shooting in general (unlike safoolfool I didn't notice any decrease in close-quarters accuracy), while increasing both the speed of readying/raising them and the frequency of weapon cleaning/maintenance?

Re: the graphs -- for me it's just that I can't find anything that affects the "aimed fire" aiming mode, and with the Aimpoints they appear on the graph to actually make "snapshot" more effective at the longer ranges than "aimed fire." Haven't gotten into a firefight long-distance enough to test this yet, I'm afraid.

Note for anyone who's tweaking weapons:

If you leave a weapon without eligible attachments in WEAPONINFO but leave its attachment slots intact or even add slots to its entry in ITEMBONES, then the weapon will still have those attachment slots listed as present... just unable to accept anything, as if you were trying to attach a P90 suppressor onto a M1911A1. Also, in ITEMBONES I'm not quite sure what the "FLASH" or "BUCK" slots that some of them have (the latter doesn't seem to be tied to the Masterkey which is treated as a launcher or to the foregrips), but "TL" is "tactical light" (read: weapon-mounted light), and the rest are self-explanatory.

If you'd like to create "modular weapon families" (read: differing barrel length stuff) like the HK416/HK417, the SCAR, the Steyr AUG A1 and A2, or the replacement barrels, check them out in ITEMS.INI to see how.

(As a non-weapon aside, I wonder if there's a way to set limited-usage items to "true infinite," as opposed to simply "implausibly high"...)
Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles View Post
(unlike safoolfool I didn't notice any decrease in close-quarters accuracy)

Note that I haven't actually used any of these settings in game. I'm just looking at the numbers, and seeing what I think should happen. To add an even further distance from what is actually going on, as R@S said, the graphs don't always match up with what's really going on. So I'm using the numbers to visualize the graph, and then using the graph to approximate the real range. My gibbering is then in the "mountain of salt" category, I guess.

That said, by changing from curves with really steep dropoffs to linear descents, you should get less close in accuracy.

To help go through my thoughts:

The red is whats going on now: short range, steep dropoff/inflection point in the middle. The blue is what I see happening in the alt file, linear descent, more overall range, but this means that for a little while the blue curve is beneath (less accurate than) the red curve. Of course it could always be that the alt file increases range so much (green curve) that it never actually dips below the red curve. Add to that the fact that a lot of the curvatures seem to be ~.7, which ends up looking like limp string: instead of a straight line it actually bows in a bit, meaning they'd be a good bit less accurate close in.

Eidt again:
Quote:
He also made the following discoveries about the graphs:
The red and the yellow bar is what your gunfighting does
The green is your shooting ability
The blue is your sniper ability
The gray is what the weapon can do
In case it was confusing, I'm using red/green/blue in my graph to represent the "standard" (gray) curve in three different scenarios, not aimed/hip/scoped.

Also, in case you've never done it, try opening up the range graph and messing with plugins. You can see the yellow quick aim line go in and out as you un/replug a collimator, and you can see the red hipshot line go in and out as you unplug a laser.

Edit: take a look at shotguns. The range numbers don't seem to have changed much (slight increase in max range), but the curve goes from 5 for all of them to 20 for all. What's going on there?
I dunno, I'll play with it in game later, right now I'm talking out of my ass.

Last edited by safoolfool; 07-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt
What is the meaning of the parameter "balance" on weapons? When I put silencer or laser it gone down.
The balance is a parameter that tells how good a weapon is under autofire. I used to think that the lower balance the better grouping with autofire. A high balance makes the weapon faster to prepare/raise. But Quickdagger found that it's actually the other way around, but you have to take his word for it

He also made the following discoveries about the graphs:
The red and the yellow bar is what your gunfighting does
The green is your shooting ability
The blue is your sniper ability
The gray is what the weapon can do

This should mean that the only bar that has to do with the weapon in question is the gray one, all the others are how the player skills affect the handling of a weapon.

Quote:
Also, in ITEMBONES I'm not quite sure what the "FLASH" or "BUCK" slots that some of them have (the latter doesn't seem to be tied to the Masterkey which is treated as a launcher or to the foregrips), but "TL" is "tactical light" (read: weapon-mounted light), and the rest are self-explanatory.
"FLASH" is the Flash suppressor/Silencer coordinates and "BUCK" is the Butt/Stock.

Quote:
(As a non-weapon aside, I wonder if there's a way to set limited-usage items to "true infinite," as opposed to simply "implausibly high"...)
You would have to create that function in the code for the item in question. Since the exe this mod is using has opened up the "USE Item" event, you can do that by adding an "on event" function for it and then just set it to be used indefinitely.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Hello there friends,

I hope I can help you out with one thing or two.

Here:

The creators made somethings very well. I´ll explain.

Any weapon has a precision of its own. You cab notice that by its dispersion, you can measure sniper rifles by their MOA dispersion and so on. That´s the grey line.

No shooter can be more precise than his weapon. If you super glue a weapon on the wall and shoot many times the holes will be very close. If you do so bare handing you gun the holes will be more disperse. That´s the green line under the grey line.

Tactical shooters have to aim very fast. I don´t know the term in english but, it might be called something like semi-aiming. Of course less precise than a fully aimed shot. That´s the yellow line.

And cowboys don´t aim at all. Here´s the red line.

Anything you attach to a weapon alters its original engineering project, it affects its balance. That means recoil forces will change rather for better or worse. Also weapons get heavier and then slower to aim. Of course only a bit but, enough to increase weapon dispersion and aiming time.

About ammo. There are heavier and lighter payloads. Heavier ammo can even affect balance.

And, you can never compare damage values of weapons loaded with different ammo. In fact you should choose your prefered ammo first and, only then choose your weapon.

Next time I will tell you about the game errors and creators mistakes.

Keep it up.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Good stuff! I always thought lower balance meant better grouping. R@S sure preached this, to the point where adding lasers, lights, launchers and everything just to get the balance down was an exploit! Haha. (Or was that AFP?)

Anyway, I've been trying out the SIG-550-1 marksman rifle in BSM. Unfortunately, "they" forgot to config a bipod. I tried to add a bipod by changing a few things:

Added "BIPOD" to the folded/unfolded SIG-550-1 in Itembones, added 1 "AssaultBipod" to both variants in Weaponsinfo.

I also wanted a M203 for the SIG-550 assault rifle (due to lack of a GL 5040), so I did the same stuff for this rifle. Added "LAUNCHER" in Itembones, added 1 "M203" blocks Bipod, and blocks ILauncher for the bipod.

In-game, I can attach the items just fine. Unfortunately, the M203 isn't positioned very well (it's inside the triggerguard, but on a vertical level it's fine) and the Bipod for the SIG-550-1 is .. on the buttstock.

How would I correct this?

---

A second question. In the OP you mention that in itemslevels.ini the last two numbers stand for CGL and the probability in percentage, like "Assault Rifle AKS-74U (5.45mm)"5 50

The thing is, a lot of items have "0 0", yet they still show up in stores.
I'm trying to get "EOTech Holosight 552 (WR)"0 0 to show up in the stores, but I haven't been able to find it. Will changing 0 0 to 2 100 fix that, and it will always show up from lvl 2 onwards?
(I don't like the other EOTech sight. This 552 one is very well done).

Last edited by IceShade; 07-18-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceShade View Post
Good stuff! I always thought lower balance meant better grouping. R@S sure preached this, to the point where adding lasers, lights, launchers and everything just to get the balance down was an exploit! Haha. (Or was that AFP?)
Hehe, I think most of us did believe that was the case, but Quickdagger surely proved us all wrong. Putting on attachments that goes on the front(lasers, lights and GL's) lowers the balance, one can clearly see that in the weapon info window, but the assumption was that it was tied to auto fire accuracy was wrong. I now believe that a lower balance only increases the auto fire accuracy when proned and with a bipod. But I could eb wrong again

Quote:
In-game, I can attach the items just fine. Unfortunately, the M203 isn't positioned very well (it's inside the triggerguard, but on a vertical level it's fine) and the Bipod for the SIG-550-1 is .. on the buttstock.
How would I correct this?
You need to alter their coordinates in the SIG550-1SNIPER.ACT.INF file, and in this case you need to create new entries for the launcher and bipod.

These entries wont work, but I need to show you which numbers to edit:
"BIPOD" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.066039 0.439973 1.0

"LAUNCHER" 0.000001 -0.000000 -1.000000 0.0 -0.000001 1.000000 -0.000000 0.0 -1.000000 -0.000001 -0.000001 0.0 0.000000 0.116626 0.190174 1.0

It's one of the red numbers that moves the attachment forward/back or left/right. the one in the middle is up/down.

I suggest you copy the entry for the left hand, it's the closet coordinate, and name it "BIPOD" and "LAUNCHER". Then make some small adjustments until it is in the right place.

Quote:
A second question. In the OP you mention that in itemslevels.ini the last two numbers stand for CGL and the probability in percentage, like "Assault Rifle AKS-74U (5.45mm)"5 50
The reason you can't find the new EOTech is that I forgot to add it to the ShopINI files. It was corrected in the fix #3 and in the 1.02 version. If an item has the numbers 0 0 in Itemlevels.ini it means it has a 100% chance of turning up in the shop and that it's global CGL is 0, there will be no price penalties in the shops.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the quick answers!

Hmm, it seems like a lot of hassle for something minor. Maybe when I can be bothered, I'll tweak the bipod and launcher to my needs. For now, my sniper is still very accurate, and a 6G-30 is in one of my ammo pouches for some grenade fire

I'll have a look into #3 or 1.02 .. I hope that neither require a restart.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

Also, I tried to find the act.inf files, but what happened to all the files?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

The patch script packs them up in the Patch_1_12.azp archive, start looking there. If they're not there, they're in another archive.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Hi I'm trying to add an AK-104 by cloning AK-102, I've followed the steps above but my game keeps CTD probably because I couldn't find and copy the "*.ACT.INF" for the AK-102

*EDIT*

I checked the log and it says

00:11.998 ERROR [0] .\Items\items.cpp (697) Item not found by name: 'Assault Rifle AK-104 (7.62x39mm)'

Last edited by echoco; 02-18-2011 at 10:12 PM.