Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centy2010 View Post
First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

I compare the minimum requirements of 2 games and see what the difference between the 2.
I don't mind that RigNRoll is Heavy or what so ever.

My PC meet the minimum on both games but
PES is playable
RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)

When I hear all your arguments about it, We should consider informing the world of the new aspect of purchasing a game :

"If your PC only meet minimum requirements, don't expect the game to be supported nor the game to be working on your PC." These requirements are just displayed to fool customers and get more money from them.
You are comparing the two games no matter how you dress it up, and this is a forum, not customer support. However, I do try to answer everyones questions to the best of my ability. You just don't like the answer, and turn your frustration toward the people/person trying to help. As Lolsmurf, others, and I have said before, the game is playable, just not to peak performance, and some of you will have more difficulties at the 'Minimal Requirements'. This is no different from Half-Life, Doom3, GTA4 & ME2 to name a few. Try playing them with 'Minimal Requirement'. It's unfair to single out 1C or Rig 'N' Roll for flaws that many games have running at 'Minimal Requirements'. As I've also said before, I believe the 'Minimal Requirements' should be taken out of the equation, and just list the 'Recommended Requirements'. This would solve all problems (or at least most).

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-04-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centy2010 View Post
First, I don't compare RigNRoll with PES.

RigNRoll is unplayable (bugs & crashes)
Wait a minute, the bugs and crashes are not closely related to the system requirements. My computer specs are way over even the recommended system and I still have bugs and crashes.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Wait a minute, the bugs and crashes are not closely related to the system requirements. My computer specs are way over even the recommended system and I still have bugs and crashes.
They most certainly are. I can't answer for your system because you continue to report problems without giving your computer specs., (at least I don't remember seeing them) so that I, or others can possibly find the error, or problem. You might have something wrong that you are not aware of. You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems.

I far exceed the 'Recommended Requirements', and the only glitches I have encountered is the following:

Sometimes the graphics in the cut-scenes spawn 2 heads, and in others the voice cuts off. The voices also cuts off during some CB calls, and once I had a car appear out of nowhere in front of me. It's a good thing I had a save point just prior to it. I have not seen it since then. Other then that, I have experienced no other problems, and I'm on my third game playing from the start. On my other computer I slightly exceed the 'Minimal Requirements' and had the same issues that everyone else is reporting. I obviously no longer play it on that one.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-06-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagman_20 View Post
The only thing that gets me sad is that most people, when that happens, are like "This game is a complete **** up" or "This game is the worst game ever".
Don't get me wrong the game isn't a complete **** up. It has a lot of good aspects. It's a large improvment over hard truck 2. agrivates the hell out of me that they don't have a bulldog any bulldogs in the game (the U.S. version anyway don't know what's in the russian version i'd be royally pissed if I came to find out the russian version's got more in it than the U.S. version). but anyway it's just one of those things where we got our hopes up and now most of us are disappointed. I can litterally play the game all day (keep an ash tray by my computer so I'm not leaving every 30 minutes) but I think a lot of us were expecting it to be a lot more like the 18 wos games and unfortunatly it's not. The more I play it the more I like it. to be honest I don't think I've been impressed with any trucking game that's ever come out (haulin came close). I've got a friend that loves the game and I think he's right when he says "quit being so damn critical the designers havn't been around the inudstry as long as you have so shut the hell up and drive!" and he's probably right. bottom line is the game isn't what a lot of us expected but we just need to suck it up, and deal with it. if they're like me they'll forget about their complaints after a while.

P.S. if they don't they can always go up by frisco with the freightliner driver down the hill from the bridge and plow into a car running 115 if that don't cheer them up their to serious.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-06-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Edited for content.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
They most certainly are. I can't answer for your system because you continue to report problems without giving your computer specs., (at least I don't remember seeing them) so that I, or others can possibly find the error, or problem. You might have something wrong that you are not aware of. You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems.

I far exceed the 'Recommended Requirements', and the only glitches I have encountered is the following:

Sometimes the graphics in the cut-scenes spawn 2 heads, and in others the voice cuts off. The voices also cuts off during some CB calls, and once I had a car appear out of nowhere in front of me. It's a good thing I had a save point just prior to it. I have not seen it since then. Other then that, I have experienced no other problems, and I'm on my third game playing from the start. On my other computer I slightly exceed the 'Minimal Requirements' and had the same issues that everyone else is reporting. I obviously no longer play it on that one.
Are you accusing me that I make up the bugs or what? I didn't post my system specs because firstly I don't like waving what I have in front of other people, secondly because I didn't feel the exact system specs are in any way relevant to the bugs.

I already listed the bugs I encountered but there is no hurt in repeating, I also had the two heads bug, and the voice cutting out. Also cars spawning out of nowhere (however that's very rare) More annoying is the bug with the collosion detection when two ai cars go into each other, and either go through one another, or sometimes one of the cars or trucks is sent flying all over the place. Also when I saved just after I received an order, after loading back the save I kept getting the same call over and over again. Also sometimes the main character has no eyes when going into repair stations (or its constantly closed I can't decide) Also had a bug, when I was hauling a load, but when I arrived to the destination the job finished but the trailer didn't disappear and I didn't get my reward, but the job was gone from the journal. But the trailer did disappear when I completed another mission where there was no load, so it seems the game mixed up the loads.

Anyway my system roughly looks like this: Intel® Core™ i7-930 | RADEON HD5850 | DDR3-2000 6 GB | Kingston SSDNow V Series | Windows 7 64bit Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
but I think a lot of us were expecting it to be a lot more like the 18 wos games and unfortunatly it's not..
I was hoping, no that not the right word, I knew it will be nothing like 18wos, and fortunately it isn't.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Are you accusing me that I make up the bugs or what?
Not at all. I'm just stating that some computers react differently.

Quote:
I already listed the bugs I encountered but there is no hurt in repeating, I also had the two heads bug, and the voice cutting out. Also cars spawning out of nowhere (however that's very rare) More annoying is the bug with the collosion detection when two ai cars go into each other, and either go through one another, or sometimes one of the cars or trucks is sent flying all over the place. Also when I saved just after I received an order, after loading back the save I kept getting the same call over and over again. Also sometimes the main character has no eyes when going into repair stations (or its constantly closed I can't decide) Also had a bug, when I was hauling a load, but when I arrived to the destination the job finished but the trailer didn't disappear and I didn't get my reward, but the job was gone from the journal. But the trailer did disappear when I completed another mission where there was no load, so it seems the game mixed up the loads.
And I agree with you with regards to the first portion. The repeated calls seems to be the Mr. Fernandez mission for the "Recovery Of His Light-bulbs". This is also a glitch, but if you ignore it after the first time he contacts you, then it goes away, unless you are describing another mission that I'm not aware of. When describing these errors, a video would be great. YouTube is free, and can help in describing some of your situations.

Quote:
Anyway my system roughly looks like this: Intel® Core™ i7-930 | RADEON HD5850 | DDR3-2000 6 GB | Kingston SSDNow V Series | Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
The reason I, or anyone will ask for your specs., is to better help you. Your specs. are not top secret information.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
... You are also the first one that I know of that has the Retail DVD Version, that could very well be associated with some of your problems...
What does that mean exactly? You suggesting/owning up that there is something wrong with the retail DVD version? Curiously this is what I also have! Maybe there IS a reason it was in the bargain basement bin.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
What does that mean exactly? You suggesting/owning up that there is something wrong with the retail DVD version? Curiously this is what I also have! Maybe there IS a reason it was in the bargain basement bin.
Most people purchasing the DVD version, are reporting problems larger then the usual ones, and I can only assume there is an issue here. I don't work for 1C.

I deleted your other post because we are not going to take it to the next level. Your issue is not going to carry over to other threads. I answered your question to the best of my ability. Let it be. Also there is no double posting. If you have additional remarks to post use the edit tab.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Well, I obtained the DVD from Amazon in the UK last Friday, I haven't left this game alone since......

I've been playing various simulators for the last 6/7 years and have absolutely NO problems with graphics, bugs or anything else on this game, I have everything nearly maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom, I think that the majority of players try this on laptops and other PC's with low end specs, FORGET IT, this is a game for proper gaming machines with decent specifications. I've done all the races and just poodled around the countryside looking at the scenery, it's visually superb and operationally fantastic. I obviously have the British version, which, by all accounts, runs better than other versions, aren't we lucky.....
I take my hat off to the creators, OK, it could do with a few tweaks and improvements, what game doesn't, but, as a first version, it's fabulous, and can only get better in the future.
And I 'aint a teenager, I'm over 50 years old, with a lot of patience and knowledge of how PC games should be played, and if I'm not happy with certain functions, I change them in the game editor, instead of coming on here to complain.

Cheerio.

Last edited by Transport Steve; 08-09-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: re-edit
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport Steve View Post
Well, I obtained the DVD from Amazon in the UK last Friday, I haven't left this game alone since......

I've been playing various simulators for the last 6/7 years and have absolutely NO problems with graphics, bugs or anything else on this game, I have everything nearly maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom, I think that the majority of players try this on laptops and other PC's with low end specs, FORGET IT, this is a game for proper gaming machines with decent specifications. I've done all the races and just poodled around the countryside looking at the scenery, it's visually superb and operationally fantastic. I obviously have the British version, which, by all accounts, runs better than other versions, aren't we lucky.....
I take my hat off to the creators, OK, it could do with a few tweaks and improvements, what game doesn't, but, as a first version, it's fabulous, and can only get better in the future.
And I 'aint a teenager, I'm over 50 years old, with a lot of patience and knowledge of how PC games should be played, and if I'm not happy with certain functions, I change them in the game editor, instead of coming on here to complain.

Cheerio.
i totally agree with you transport steve,i too have the CD version although i play it on my laptop and even though my cpu is slightly under the recommended specs i have hardly any probs at all,there are a few niggles but nothing that i cant live with,i just love this game it has so many good things within it and i think that one thing people forget about is that it has nearly 1250 miles of roads,thats in real terms,i mean that alone is amazing there is no other game out there that has that kind of scope,yes there are a few things that could do with improving but hopefully they might be sorted in any future patch/hotfix or addon,i've played the 18 wos games and all the scs games and they are ok but i like rig n roll better despite what people say about it,i cant get enough of playing this game so much so that my gf doesn't get a chance to get on the laptop any more....

just on a separate note i didnt really know about rig n roll until i found this forum and its thanks to this forum that i decided to buy the game and i'm glad i did.....