Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Harry, you made it so that I can sleep better tonight

I also checked the "Date Modified" on the AZP.EXE and it was like 2007 or something, another little clue that it might be a false positive. I also checked it with AVAST, and AVG on my laptop, no virus/spyware found. And I must have installed the patch more than 5 times and I checked the regestry, program Files folder and such, no spyware.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Hey, thanks for confirming the positive negative thing for me, almost crapped myself when the AV app lit up
Old 05-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

RE: Shapecharge

You should install the Free version of Avast; I used to use Spybot years ago and it would report alot of false positives.

http://www.avast.com/en-ca/free-antivirus-download
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Well you ahve to think this thign over at this point.

If returning false positives is better than silent protector?

I had installed nod, avast, eset, kaspersky, avg and other things and simply every one ahd its backdoors. I have an eye on the recent NOD comercials and maybe I will try it out buit at this moment I have isntalled comodo. This dick showed a lot of activity and popped up almost every second after isntalation but that was the thign I wanted, Continual in depth control of system, I checked the first things it popped up, some i check to be trusted, few I blocked and voala, no more popups after the initial setups.

The program also has instalation routine - this means that you can set it to isntall mode when you are trying to install something and it will ignore few things which would otherwise be considered as threat, this means .exe and other executables and autotriggers, mostly .tmp bastards from comercials.

Has a number of different scan setups and system core checks, also tracks all net activity, inbound and outbout connections, which makes it easier for me to find intrusions.

Also keeps nonstop eye on root directories and registry, all changes are reported immediately and asked to either allow or block them boy i like this thing, mostly because of no more troubles with auto update hooks and comercial sites autostarters . So far the thing that finaly satisfied me.

Looks very good but maybe the bad is yet to come as it was by all pc defenders i had .
Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

I use the Free Comodo Firewall program. I havn't tried their newer Antivirus though I see on their website that they have one now. I've tried about 20 antivirus programs so far. I think Avast is one of the best I've seen for finding viruses and spyware. Although from the ratings Kapersky is supposed to be the best.

NOD crashed my system and I had to do a repair install of my operating system, so I personally won't recommend it.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

yep, i also seen that kaspersky was supposed to be the best, yet experience aproved it of being ram-eater. Mix its eating style with this game and man what would come out then?

avast has free licence for noncomercial use and so has a lot of users, and from this amount you simply must find a few guys who say that its the best but frankly, not. I found my registry regularly infected with viruses and/or damaged also, its weak against key loggers, and backdoor spies. I even had experience when after update avast set all exe files to be viruses, omg , thats about the last experience from avast, afterwards i uninstalled it. I still recomend it to neighbours as even a dumbass can work with it and update his licence and so I dont ahve to come over and over to them and fix their fucked up pc, simply because I f.... on them and dont give a d... about their pc infections as long as they dont want anything from me.

Another thing, although you update, avast is allways behind and out-of-date when compared to the updated libraries of nod and etc. Its simply a trick for dumbs. Thats my opinion over it, based on 3 year experience.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Well I'm sorry to hear of you negative experience with Avast.
Me and hundreds of other people I know have never had a problem with it, you seem to be the exception.

Avast was rated number #1 and
"having excellent virus and spyware detection rates according to antivirus test results from AV-Test.org."

http://freebies.about.com/od/securit...-antivirus.htm

AV-Test.org is an independant virus testing lab.
http://www.av-test.org/index.php

The two worst antivirus programs I ever had were; NOD and Norton. They both infected and corrupted my system.
They also chew up ram like crazy. Avast is easy on resources and it updates atleast once a day its virus database.

Last edited by Harry Renquist; 05-24-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

bad experience, sadly but true. Hundreds of users? TO me numbers dont matter I prefer opinion of one advanced user then thousands of 'users'.

over 80% users are beginners, hacking them is automatic and doesnt even require a man but just a tricky worm, so yes I dont care about the opinions of hundreds .

secondly, free softs can not and will not have comparable quality to paid soft, oterwise all the tech. labs would go bankrupt as they are needless.

for sample. Go on avast for three months. Then use NOD free scan, check registry and all disks on advanced level and wait for surprise

Believing that u are safe is also hackers wish .
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

In my experience, a good firewall is much more important than a good anti-virus prog. I started using Sunbelt Kerio a while back and am very pleased with it. I use Comodo on my laptop and that's a good one as well.

But this is supposed to be a thread about a mod called Blue Sun, could we get back on topic?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

OK, sorry for the off topic R@S

and thx for the firewall tip, I will try it out .