Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 05-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Default The Blue Sun Mod

The Blue Sun Mod has gotten a facelift thanks to the hard work of Thrillseeker and SilverGirl. The new portraits joefoxx made for Lambert, Alena, Gorres, Kelly, Miguel, Mindow, Paco and Paquito has been added so far, hopefully he'll have time to complete the rest in the future. D_F_N has sorted the JA2 mercs giving them much needed attention, they are now much closer to their JA2 counterparts in terms of stats.

A special thanks to all the testers for helping out, it really speeds up development time and produces a better end product. And a big thanks to Sprut for once again making the installer.

This will most likely be the last version of the Blue Sun Mod, the coming year wont leave me much time to continue developing it. But do not despair, there are already very talented people working on other mods for 7.62. Hopefully we'll be able to play an English version of the HardLife Addon in a near future as well, I'll try to help with the translation effort once it starts.

And remember, I will always have time to help anyone interested in modding 7.62, so my knowledge of the game structure and quirks will never be lost. Just PM me your questions and I'll do my best to help.

How to install:

1: Install 7.62 in a new folder, like C:\games\7.62\. Do not install the game in the default folder like "Program Files" or "User".

2: Mount or burn the bsm_2.1.iso image.

3: Run the setup.exe and choose your installation options.
(The installer includes the Unofficial Patch 1.06, media.pack files and everything else needed to make the game work, but remember to check the right options. It also has an option for our German players who can select the German Unofficial Patch and GCP files, and the Russian Compatibility Patch(RCP) for owners of the Russian version of the game.)

4: Run the BlueSunMod.exe to start the game.

Download from Yandex.Disk

Download from Mega

Download Torrent

Size: 840MB

MD5: 2D5265507F54A8DDB5B4F4C24559FCC2

Keep in mind that the launcher uses code injection, which is considered bad behavior by most antivirus programs. It is a false positive, there are no viruses in this mod, but you need to add the BlueSunMod.exe to your program's Trusted Files/Exception List. I recommend turning off your antivirus program and disconnect your Internet before you start installing the mod, and adding BlueSunMod.exe to the Trusted Files when you start up your antivirus program again. Don't start the game before this is done, or it will remove the file it considers a threat.

Have fun and don't forget to save often

R@S

Last edited by R@S; 02-14-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

argh i'm so torn about this...

what are the changes? i kinda don't wanna restart yet...
but sooner or later i will have to do so anyway to get my new items.

i'd really love to get that ski mask done beforehand tho.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

There are only some minor changes, mostly fixes but a few new things as well. For those who has the final beta there's some new weapons and a new car. But I recommend you finish your current game before you start a new one with the latest version.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

I went ahead and did it anyway.. just so i can update the next thing i want to release in a few minutes.
bye bye old savegame....

Last edited by MoreDread; 05-18-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Default Here are some inspiration on new items

I think there are already enough items of normal specs. The game simply calls for stats improving items and some new mods or techs to guns. You know e.g.:
ski mas(+10stealth), night_ops_outfit (+80 stealth and silent movement at night),
Targeting system built in helm (+20 to accuracy when shooting w/o scopes),
surgery kit (req: medic 75+, heals lost/blacked out health),
statis injector(req.:medic 60+, 50% chance of revival of recently fallen member-% dependant on med skill, aplicable only within 3 minutes since the merc was shot down),
camo blanket (when used the merc hides under the camo blanket, +200stealth/near invisibility, is droped off if the merc moves),
flask of water with pipes (cant figure out a world for it, simply a flask with pipes which would go from the flask to mouth and make the flask useable at any time directly from belt menu 'drink' endurance gain would be like 75%, cuz it would require more time to drink enough water to fully refresh the soldier but u dont need to put away ur gun),
Radio backpack (call for heli backup-start video heli flying in and shotting its eggs down-end of video, 15%chance per enemy unit to drop dead=hit by the gun from the heli) call for ur guys at your base to come and get all eq. looted-items will be amde accesible at your crates at your base), call for available reinforcement(opens the possibility for real wide warfare battles) from the area, both your own or your alies, %30 percent chance that someone will come for assist depending on your status in the world, during battle it is useable only once, else it is useable every hour - i would like this to also work for enemy patrols-simply it would be important to shot down the radio guy, before he calls reinforcements/for balance he will call them only if the battle seems to be lost and not directly from the start).
Treasure map fragments (sometimes to eb found on dead bodies, getting a set would open a new location on map, where something good can be found).
gas masks and gas grenades /upon arming a really wide area will cuz all units within to lose heatlh depending on the agression of the gas).
medics vest (+15 to med, skill), gunners vest(overall weight caried is reduced by 40%, allowing to cary more ammo without endurance and speed losses-restricts vest and backpack only to ammo,everything else is droped off and cant be put in/against spoilers).
medic uniform(req.: no gun equiped, -35% to acuracy and lesser threat of atackers of the merc with this uniform, not aplicable on bandits as they dont give a f, about red cross ideology),
flares/flare guns(req.: ownage of base with heliport and pilot, or nearby ally army base, creates a sector leaving zone, with 30sec cool down for alowance of evac, call for emergency evac can be also an option of the radio backpack)
thermo gogles: see all enemies in front of you (e.g. 50yds range) ignoring walls and heavy cover or stealth outfits.
outfit with leg support (like an unifrom, decreases energy drain from running and moving)
outfit with arms support(decreases energy drain from having ur gun in ready-to-fire stance)
outfit with body support (additional protection from explosions pulses also can help merc to withstand a hit which would normaly cuz him to drop down)
headset (special inventory item, req.:activation and assignement to soldier from the special items pack in inventory-all units with acivated headsets share enemy intel=one spots an enemy, everyone is aware of it and can shoot on it even if its not in visual contact-good for hitting enemies behind covers or doors=one unit spots-other blind shoots on its reported position-no more enemy-out-of-sight notifications when the f....s move behind trees and so on.
heart beat sensor-inventory activated, shows location of enemy units on mini-map (good for the last units search).
satelite scan(req.:backpack radio or something similar, scan area for hostiles - needs to be payed for afterwards at some guy in town(cia representative or something similar otherwise problems will ocure), scaning takes like 40secs and afterwards shows all units on map for 1-2 minutes depending on reputation of main char. by the provider

I guess some are easy to implement and soem are harder, ut still doable, but quite time consuming. Maybe at least i inpired someone. got more ideas but that would made this too long to read.

BTW.: R@S i gaved up on the tank programing, spent a lot of time texturing it but i simpy cant make it to fire correctly. Controls were arrow based so u had to mvoe it manualy, but it simply stucks in terain too much, mainly cuz the trees are indestructible. OMG. Also i got my nerves off when trying to animate characters to enter , leave it-omg had a friend working on it, but looks like we took more than we could handle. Items simply miss to much useable parameters to make it all work so we gived-up with this. started our own project, from the scrap . I am digging in python and he in blender to make it cooperative enough
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Download v0.2 Here (adds a female version)

it has the camouflage effect of the sniper camo suit.

it also contains the ski mask head and instructions on how to use it.

additionally it upgrades the vendors in puerto viejo and all barmen around the country to sell the new uniform and nightvision goggles right from the start of the game. rico reyes in cali cantinos now randomly sells all uniforms that are in the game.

this is an addon to the Blue Sun Mod 1.01

any attempt to use it without BSM or the wrong version of it might severely damage your game so be warned!

Last edited by MoreDread; 05-18-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation **virus/malware found in unofficial patch**

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UNOFFICIAL PATCH 1.06!!

When i extracted the patch from the .rar file, my anti-spyware/adware program (Spybot-S&D) detected malicious content within the patch files!
The file is infected with a malware called "Fraud.DesktopSecurity2010", instructions on how to remove it can be found at the official Spybot-S&D forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=55102

Edit:
False alarm, folks.

Last edited by Shapecharge; 05-19-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

aww shucks, my evil plan to infect my good friends with a bad thing has been foiled. Just kidding

'Tis a very weird thing. Even if spybot reports that issue, there's no "Fraud.DesktopSecurity2010" anywhere to be found. My best guess is that it's a false positive, it's likely since the new archive includes a bat file and those are notorious for causing false positives.

But I could be wrong, a confirmation from others would help. Like, has anyone found the "Fraud.DesktopSecurity2010" on their computers after installing the patch?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
aww shucks, my evil plan to infect my good friends with a bad thing has been foiled. Just kidding

'Tis a very weird thing. Even if spybot reports that issue, there's no "Fraud.DesktopSecurity2010" anywhere to be found. My best guess is that it's a false positive, it's likely since the new archive includes a bat file and those are notorious for causing false positives.

But I could be wrong, a confirmation from others would help. Like, has anyone found the "Fraud.DesktopSecurity2010" on their computers after installing the patch?
The warning didn't come from the .bat file, it came from the file "azp.exe".
Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

I just downloaded the unofficial patch and scanned it with Avast which is much superior antivirus program and found nothing. It probably is a false-positive result from Spybot.