Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-29-2023, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Default map fix

[ATTACH]15782[/ATTACH

]the fin gulf map with the island on Seskari has a take off bug, if you select the northern end of the runway you will spawn in the sea, only way to use it is to use middle of the runway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0012.jpg (637.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
[ATTACH]15782[/ATTACH

]the fin gulf map with the island on Seskari has a take off bug, if you select the northern end of the runway you will spawn in the sea, only way to use it is to use middle of the runway.
Hi stugumby,

Nothing a life raft can't fix! But seriously, thanks for reporting.

This bug has already been fixed for a future patch, along with a bunch of other map fixes. However, the devs don't want to do SFS file additions just for the map fixes. The plan is to include this and other map fixes in a new SFS file when the next new map release is completed.

So please keep reporting any map errors you find!
Old 03-28-2023, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
along with a bunch of other map fixes.
Hey!
I presume you know what other maps got fixes. Could you share which? Are the airfields in both Ardennes maps fixed?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2023, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
Hey!
I presume you know what other maps got fixes. Could you share which? Are the airfields in both Ardennes maps fixed?

Thanks!
Hi Fhechene, good to hear from you.

I don't have a list of fixes that have been done. I have seen fixes for Kokoda, Salamaua and Seiskari though. For the Ardennes I assume you mean these ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
In both Ardennes maps we have the following

1. Merzhausen airfield is too short. If AI takes off from south to north, it doesn't manage to clear the forest at NW. If AI takes off from north to south, some planes touch a hill while taking off.

2. Western runway of Eindhoven has runway icons but if I set a take-off/landing waypoint in the icons, the waypoint gets attached to the Eastern runway. If I move the waypoints to Western runway icons, planes still spawn/land in Eastern runway
In theory, all genuine bugs mentioned in the quoted thread should be done or on the to-do list. I don't remember any feedback on the Ardennes maps specifically, so I'll check. Regarding Merzhausen, an airfield being short might not be a bug in itself. Some airfields are just short, and therefore won't suit all aircraft. If you have historical operational info to suggest the airfield was designed to handle the problem aircraft then it might be seen as a bug.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Hello,

I agree with JacksonsGhost, not all airdromes need to be rated rated for large aircraft. In any case I managed to launch 8 fully laden A20 from Merzhausen spawning in the runway. With taxi-to-takeoff feature it should be possible to make more aircraft take-off safely.
The twin runways, like Eindhoven, are indeed troublesome. I could remove the western one but this might result in conflicts with old mission.

I will fix a couple of spawn points, one in "Frankfurt" airdrome and one in "Metzbroek".
Old 03-30-2023, 03:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Regarding Merzhausen, an airfield being short might not be a bug in itself. Some airfields are just short, and therefore won't suit all aircraft. If you have historical operational info to suggest the airfield was designed to handle the problem aircraft then it might be seen as a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
Hello,
I agree with JacksonsGhost, not all airdromes need to be rated rated for large aircraft. In any case I managed to launch 8 fully laden A20 from Merzhausen spawning in the runway. With taxi-to-takeoff feature it should be possible to make more aircraft take-off safely.
Hey! I sat down to actually make some tests and the Bf109 and Fw-190 have no issue taking off. The He-177 has issues, but I suppose no one would expect that plane to take off from that runway. BUUUUUUUT, the Me-262 and He-162 have issues too. The problem is that there's two stock missions that have those planes taking off from Merhauzen.

I suppose they could be moved to Frankfurt or Metz, then, in those missions.

In conclusion, I was wrong, because I didn't even test before complaining about the (not)bugged Merzhausen, but those missions should still be looked at