Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Plantation, free mercs, spoilers maybe

I tried to like the New Jagged Alliance, but sadly, its just rubbish, suddenly, i remembered this jewel!

Hard-drive failure quite some time ago put me out of 7.62HC and somehow i didnt pick it up again, i remember playing vanilla, then BSM and utterly loving it, I also remember having some un-answered questions:

(Il be playing BSM again, cant remember what ver i had back then tho)

- The drug-plantation, i remember capturing it once, but can i somehow use it to make money?
I loved defending places i'd capped with my home-base militia.

- I remember having more then one merc, someone i'd pick up along the way, what free mercs were there? And how to get em?
Hoping to get cheap'ish 2-3 man "quick-start" team going.

Last edited by swatti; 05-22-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: brainfart
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatti View Post
I tried to like the New Jagged Alliance, but sadly, its just rubbish, suddenly, i remembered this jewel!

Hard-drive failure quite some time ago put me out of 7.62HC and somehow i didnt pick it up again, i remember playing vanilla, then BSM and utterly loving it, I also remember having some un-answered questions:

(Il be playing BSM again, cant remember what ver i had back then tho)

- The drug-plantation, i remember capturing it once, but can i somehow use it to make money?
I loved defending places i'd capped with my home-base militia.

- I remember having more then one merc, someone i'd pick up along the way, what free mercs were there? And how to get em?
Hoping to get cheap'ish 2-3 man "quick-start" team going.
You can make money off every town with BSM now, I think.. something with mayors and taxes and that radio.

As for free merc, BSM adds Slaves .. which are free? or really cheap mercs with crap stats.

If you visit the bar in Santa Maria you'll come across Paquito, he's free and pretty damn good. You can also keep .. Bonny? That woman you need to set free from the hotel in Santa Maria .. if you never turn her in, you can obviously keep her forever.

Otherwise I suppose you can always just change the costs of the mercs in the outsourced.ini or whatever it is called these days.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Paquito i know and have, there was kelly the cop too if i recall... That should get me started.
Dont wanna go modding myself, il stick to playing mods ^^

BSM seems to drop gun-prices bigtime, AK47 sells for 100 bucks! Well, guns did pile up in vanilla and i still make sweet cash.

QUESTIONS:

- The truck. Where does the quest start?
- Home-base doctor, where to get him?
- Car upgrades, from where?
- Harbour, Blue Sun base, how to find those?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

You probably have Easy Money on or something.

- The truck. Where does the quest start?

Wili Krauf, bar in Puerto Viejo

- Home-base doctor, where to get him?

Doctor in Campecino

- Car upgrades, from where?

Dunno

- Harbour, Blue Sun base, how to find those?

Finish police quest chain
Old 05-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Easy money? Hell no! I used to play an older version of BSM and the re-sale values were much higher. This new setup does balance things a bit.

Big thanks for the answers.

More questions:

Voice-acting: how many charters have it? Does any "player merc" have VA?

"Slaves": Does any of them have voice-acting and does the "slave" text allways remain on em?

EDIT:

Truck quest wont start, what do i have to do before that? There was something if i recall...

What vehicle has the largest cargo-capasity BTW?

EDIT2:

Truck Quest : I needed to talk to the bartender, give him 100 bucks, then he tells talk to Grauf... More lootz, here i come ^^

EDIT3:

Mini FAQ to the truck-mission. There will be an event east of Ciudad-oro-whatevah, disarm bomb, fight off bad guys, deal with some issues. After this, Grauf heads south, past the mountains as he is stupid. You will encounter a border-patrol and WILL LOSE YOU CURRENT VEHICLE. Seeminly no matter how you handle it. If you let it just happen, you still lose your truck, boohoo...

Well, by now you've got Paquito and hes ugly-ass red car, the "ford" and your military base.

Go swap the truck to the ford in your home base, let the events happen and lose your beloved ford. Jeah, boohoo. Then go back to the base and swap back to your truck ^^
Might keep both if you leave em to the Valet, i let the ford go. Hated it.

Enjoy your new ride with muchos grandes space for lootz!

Last edited by swatti; 05-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

I've asked a bartender to take care of my Ford and that way I haven't lost any car.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by void1984 View Post
I've asked a bartender to take care of my Ford and that way I haven't lost any car.
You can do the same in your home-base. If the the quest "fails" you lose whatever your current vehicle is.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

I allways just paid off the border patrol and it allways worked for me.
Left the Ford with the valet and walked to the bartender to start the Willie mission.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Hmm... Must have been broke atm. Pity the border-guard dont take Visa or Paypal. Damn third world countries...