Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Registered Member

Smile "Mode 2" stick support

This is a very serious request...

Please please please support "Mode 2" flying configuration for the stick the same as remote control airplane control stick as an open for the game consoles. If you do this, you will definitely open the door to a whole new world of users of this game.

Also support for the USB control sticks for flight simulators such as the "FS One" flight simulator (and all other remote control) flight simulator sticks that have a USB interface would also be great!

Seriously, these 2 requests would be very little work from a programming effort. I definitely think they should be considered.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

A choice of controller layouts would be good, but if you are talking about the 360 it only supports controllers and flight sticks built specifically for the console.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

I agree, I'm also an rc modeller and I too fly Mode 2. The demo was kinda difficult at first but got easier as I got used to the controls, let's just hope I can still fly model planes without getting those controls messed up
Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Me too want this for the PS3 version. Tried the demo today and it was hard to control for an rc modeller. This is very important for us as I do not want to "relearn" my rc skills an possibly crash a rc plane after playing Sturmovik.

Basically all you have to do is switch left and right stick and it would be perfect.

To get an understaning of how hard this is to relearn, In GTA (3 or vice city?) there is an rc helicopter with the wrong control scheme. I couldn't complete the stage although I have been flying RC helicopters for five years.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

yes!
I was wondering if any fellow "mode2" rc pilots discovered that there could be a potential downfall for us getting to the ranks of a decent player in this game. I fly models ranging from few hundred dollars in cost to thousands in cost. Would hate to loose a model because I just cut throttle instead of pulling up!(well atleast the carb will be closed!)

I played the IL2 series since the original IL2 Sturmovik on the PC, and I was thrilled hearing about IL2 coming to console. I feel the demo was great and its a great addition to consoles,But why oh why would you not have the option to reverse functions of the sticks? The duel shock controller feels comfortable for this game, and really dont want to get involved in a flight stick. Been there done that with top of line devices for pc in the past, but this is a console and I like flying from the couch , so I wont get a hotas.

I wont be getting this game at launch like I was planning, I will follow the forums to see if this function will be included in release and was just left out in the demo for some reason or even with a patch/update in the future.

I cant risk my models or injury to someone else by getting used too the current "mode 1" controls.

and this sucks! but they are in the UK....... UK=mode1

Last edited by caphead; 08-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphead View Post
I cant risk my models or injury to someone else by getting used too the current "mode 1" controls.

and this sucks! but they are in the UK....... UK=mode1
I fly mode 1 and it isn't that either which has caused he all kinds of brain melts in combat.
Just ordered a AV8R to see if that helps.....

(mode 1 has elevator/rudder on left stick, throttle/aileron on right)

p.s. first post, hi.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Yeah the game uses mode 3 setup. I fly RC planes / helis using mode 2 (and I'm UK) but I never really thought about the confusion it could cause. I guess cos I use the cockpit view, and the aviator setup has one of the sticks as your head so it's different enough to not interfere.

Hope there is button mapping tho. I bet everyone have quite different views on control setup. Offering 2 variations isn't going to please many! lol
Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

ahh im sorry, I thought it was "mode 1", what would a "mode2" guy know anyway!?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Get a thrustmaster programmable pad. I've been worried about this screwing up my rc flying too, but the programmable pad solves this - I haven't seen any indication this will be solved in the full release.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychickens View Post
Get a thrustmaster programmable pad. I've been worried about this screwing up my rc flying too, but the programmable pad solves this - I haven't seen any indication this will be solved in the full release.
would you happen to have a link to this so called programmable pad for PS3?