Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: What Russian plane should be used for this Tournament?
I-16 type 24 10 31.25%
YAK (all variants) 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
then count me in.... Gamertag: Bobbysockser
I have to post it for him, sorry Edal

Bobby, I'm hoping BeaverCompany, RamboRich, Cryptic Phantom, and others (aka the group that usually plays after i've gone to bed) will be able to enter this so you'll have plenty of possible wingmen. Not sure how we'll work with the time differences but i'm sure we'll figure something out.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

after talking to popey tonight he wanted to keep it close to your ps3 tournament as far as rules. i would hope we all have to fly the same plane.one with cockpit available.

Last edited by hurricane; 09-29-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

I'm in. Would personally prefer teams get choose their plane from ones with available cockpit but in the end I'm fine with what ever the organizers decide.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

It seems then that it may be the best idea to limit all players to the same plane in order to keep things simple and smooth. Perhaps this is why the P-51 tournament worked well because we only allowed the P-51. So far it seems like this tournament's official bird will be the I-16 to honor the Dev team.

Hurricane,
Yes, rules will be the same for PS3 as well as for the XBOX tournament, and these rules will be taken directly from the "P-51 club Ace of Aces Tournament".

All XBOX players,
Please make sure you get familiar with these rules as you probably are unaware of them. The rules are in English, French, and German. Keep in mind that these were rules for a 1vs1 tournament that only allowed the P-51. I will post a 2vs2 version of it for this tournament soon.
check link below.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...82&postcount=2

Please keep posting and spread the word so that we can get this Tournament running on schedule. Thanks

Last edited by edal86; 09-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Hi Edal,

I agree, whatever aircraft we decide on using - I think it would be best to only allow one type for all. My wish would be the I-16, in CRL (this would have to find unanimous agreement of all participants). It's a lovely plane to fly in the cockpit, and so much fun!

To better see how we're doing with recruitment, would you mind starting a list on your first or second post? I think we still need quite a few more pilots.

MAC
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Edal,

Seems I've missed you'd already posted the list of all applicants, sorry.

About the vote,

1.)

I feel the P-51 Club has already been suffiently honored with the Ace of Aces tourney which was P-51 only; this time I feel it's more important to show the devs some support ahead of the new game Birds of Steel. So the I-16 it would be for me, exclusively.

2.)

About teams, I'm for free team building, i.e. everyone can chose their partners, but we would try to assist those who don't nominate their partner by doing this for them.

3.)

CRL, but this depends on who is participating and if everyone agrees to that, otherwise there's no point. I believe we'll find 16 contestants with clean track records who all understand the concept of chivalry. But we'll see.

Finally, I'd like to apply here on behalf of Mage_016. He wrote me on another forum that his PC broke down and he's got trouble logging in here. He's also for the I-16, CRL and we would like to team up.

Looking forward! Thanks Edal!

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 09-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Can I get on the list pending I find a wingman anyway lol
Old 09-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Okay guys, I see the I-16 type 24 is a good runner up here - and as such I've got nothing against either the plane or honouring the devs, but I think it has a significant missing attribute; Combatflaps! I had to do a "test-flight" today to make up my mind about it, and discovered it missed one of the most significanbt features that differ sim from the other modes. I think it will be cool to have to remember the flaps in the heat of the battle. This time...

So I go for a plane with both cockpit and flaps. I don't wanna be a pain in the arse here, I just think the decision about plane(s) of choice should be done with all pros&cons considered.

Last edited by McQ59; 09-29-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Okay guys, I see the I-16 type 24 is a good runner up here - and as such I've got nothing against either the plane or honouring the devs, but I think it has a significant missing attribute; Combatflaps! I had to do a "test-flight" today to make up my mind about it, and discovered it missed one of the most significanbt features that differ sim from the other modes. I think it will be cool to have to remember the flaps in the heat of the battle. This time...

So I go for a plane with both cockpit and flaps. I don't wanna be a pain in the arse here, I just think the decision about plane(s) of choice should be done with all pros&cons considered.
McQ,

No problem with your opinion at all, but I think the negative G engine cutout 'feature' of the I-16 more than makes up for the non-existent combat flaps. It requires skill to fly in combat and not make your engine die. Just saying.

MAC
Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
I see the I-16 type 24 is a good runner up here - and as such I've got nothing against either the plane or honouring the devs, but I think it has a significant missing attribute; Combatflaps!

+1

I know the La's have combat flaps, not 100% sure about the yaks since I have not used them in a very long time but they are both other russian options. I fully support using the cockpit view as well.