Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 PM
lost cause

Default ***official deathmatch thread***

Welcome to Deathmatch! A competition to determine the best dogfighter in Birds of Prey. Pilots will choose between the LA5 or 7, Spifire, BF109, hurricaine, or YAK3 and do battle with it for the honor to be called the best. I salute you all!!!

Rules:
1. Pick your fighter. Once your final pick is in, you cannot change.

2. Maximize points. As many as you can, any way you can. Nothing is illegal.

3. Pilots compete against the others in their plane types. Head to head will mean nothing till the final round.

4. Pilots not showing up will forfeit. A replacement pilot will fly in any heat in this case in that pilots plane.

5. Join errors will be dealt with in the usual way.

6. Pilots who quit will be shamed. Everyone will know you quit. You signed up knowing the score. See it through.

7. Disconnects will be handled as they happen. I don't anticipate this being a problem.

8. Ties will be broken by deaths. The least wins. If still tied, a 10 minute landing contest in CAT.

9. Round 1: 11 heats 6 planes per heat 20 minutes. We have 32 pilots. Each pilot will fight 2 battles. Your lowest score will be tossed. This maximizes our fun and allows all pilots a fighting chance to get to the next round. Saturday the 20th.

10. Round 2: 3 heats 6 planes per heat 20 minutes. Top scorers from round 1. 6 Spits, 6 109s, 6 LA5/7/Hurri/YAK3

11. Semifinal: 2 heats 6 planes per heat20 minutes. Top scores from round 2. Sunday

12. Wildcard: 1 heat, 6 planes, losers from semifinals. 20 minutes. Winner is in the final regardless of plane type.

13. Final: 1 heat, 7 planes, 30 minutes. Winner gets all the pennies. Sunday

Special awards:

1. Best dogfighter in BOP: winning plane
2. Ace of aces: winning pilot
3. Record: best score of any heat
4. Top Guns: winners of the heats
5. Captains: round 2 pilots
6. Colonels: semifinal pilots
7. Generals: Final pilots
8. Poor sport: Do not flame your fellow pilots. Anything is legal that the game allows. Everyone will give it their best and we will respect that. Blaming no credit, kill steal, intentional crashing, rockets, wheels down is an excuse. We all have those options. I understand emotional outbursts. Fine. But, DO NOT FLAME YOUR FELLOW PILOTS! Please do not make me hand out this award.

I need to know your final plane selection and the times you can fight this Saturday, your time. I am working on the schedule now. I will adjust it as I need to as the time approaches. NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE TIME!!! I will try my best to get us all there. ****I NEED THIS INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE****

Keep up with this page. I will update it continuously.

I need to clarify things. The object of this competition is to find the best 7 pilots in the best fighter aircraft this game offers in a 30 minute deathmatch. I will not get the best 7 in head to head competition. I am seeding the heats by leaderboard standings, personal experience, and reputations. Do not worry about who is in your heat. SCORE! DEFEAT THE ENEMY! Even the best will have their hands full with 5 snarling dogs on there ass. The last 7 standing will have had to fight their way through hoards of savage beasts. I fully expect new stars to arise and old foes will be defeated. SCORE! DEFEAT THE ENEMY AT ALL COSTS!!!

So all Spits, all 109s, and all LAs are grouped together. Hurricaines and Yaks are grouped with the LAs. There will be at least 2 of each type in every heat. Three heats will take place in round 2. The top 6 pilots by score in each type move on to round 2. YOUR COMPETITION IS THE PILOTS IN YOUR PLANE TYPE. THEY ARE IN THE OTHER HEATS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 1 IN YOUR HEAT. Everybody got it?

12 spits. 10 109s. 6 LAs. 3 Hurricanes. 1 Yak3. Precisely as the poll showed! 4 pilots dropped out.

Filler pilots: ARkozz, SubaruGaz, gordonvembu, Bunny287 volunteered to fly in assigned planes in the first round heats for competition sake. They cannot advance. They can, however, win top gun.

Replacement pilots: If a pilot does not show up, I will ask any pilot in the competition who is online at the time to come take that pilots plane and compete for competition sake. He cannot advance. However, he can win top gun.

Here is the schedule. Heat times, written next to "Heat", are all US CENTRAL TIME. That is my time. The time written next to your name is YOUR TIME in your house on your clock.

All pilots check to make sure I am right! DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE OUR TIMES ARE CORRECT! Do not fail or I'm screwed!!!
************************************************** **************************************
Mission Control, we have a problem! The score does not have an unlimited setting. It maxes out at 100. Bumber. I didn't know it and apparently no one else did either. So, if a player scores 100, the match is over. Nothing else I can do.

Record: 100: SNOWOLF in 17:30, Mirgervan in 18:30

Leaders- 1st round
Spit- Mirgervin-100, cep34-61, SINNSR-58, Dinho28-52, Olife-42, dkwookie-24
109- krsanac-69, ARkozz-65, xXWhiteRhinoXx,-65 waterman7-42, killerhawk79-41, R3CKON1NG_FORCE-40, McKinneyJD-23
La5/Hurri/Yak3- tagemandbagem(YAK3)-71, SNOWOLF(Hurri)-58, Bunny287(LA5)-49, gordonvembu(LA5)-23, skeii(LA7)-19, lost_cause64(LA5)-18

Leaders- 2nd round
Spit- Dinho28-72, SINNSR-37
109- WhiteRhino-67, waterman-9
LA5,7/Hurri/Yak- SNOWOLF-100, gordonvembu-19

"All that matters is to shoot them down in large numbers. I'd rather shoot down 50 after they've hit their targets than 10 before!" Leigh Mallory

Round 1 : map-Dover, day, clear, 5 second respawn

***Heat1: 12am Fri nt***
Mirgervin-Spit-6am sat mn UK----------- 100 TOP GUN
DocGonzo-Spit-1am Fri nt Canada...........2
xXSiLeNcEXx-k4-10pm Fri nt USA............Forfeit
Killerhawk79-g6-11pm Fri nt USA.............3
CMTE_Vinny-LA5-1am Fri nt USA.............Forfeit
SNOWOLF-6-Hurri-12am Fri nt USA..........13

***Heat2: 1am Fri nt***
DocGonzo-Spit-2am fri nt Canada............23
Codefinder74-Spit-1am-fri nt USA............3
xXSiLeNcEXx-k4-11pm fri nt USA..............Forfeit-out of the competition
krsanac-g6-11pm fri nt Canada................66 TOP GUN
CMTE_Vinny-LA5-2am fri nt USA...............Forfeit-out of the competition
Bunny287-LA5-2am fri nt USA..................49

***Heat3: 2am Fri nt*** This was a great heat!!
SINNSR-Spit-12am fri nt USA...................58
codefinder74-Spit-2am fri nt USA..............23
krsanac-g6-12am fri nt Canada................69 TOP GUN his 2nd
killerhawk79-g6-1am fri nt USA.................41 Nice job killer!
SNOWOLF-6-Hurri-2am fri nt USA..............58-his personal best-NICE!
Bunny287-LA5-3am Fri nt USA..................38

***Heat4:3am Fri nt***
SINNSR-Spit-1am fri nt USA......................25
dkwookie-Spit-9am sat mn UK....................24
marty09123-g6-9am sat mn UK..................0
watermanr7-g6-11pm fri nt Hawaii USA.........42 TOP GUN
skeii-LA7-1am fri nt USA............................Forfeit
gordonvembu-LA7-1am fri nt Canada............23

***Heat5:4am Fri nt***
dkwookie-Spit-10am-sat mn UK...................22
Chareltje-Spit-10am sat mn Belgium..............19
watermanr7-g6-12am fri nt Hawaii USA..........14
haitch40-Spit-10am sat mn UK......................0
gordonvembu-La7-2am fri nt Canada..............19
varcus2-f4-10am-sat mn France....................Forfeit, SNOWOLF acted as replacement pilot-49 TOP GUN

***Heat 6:5am Fri nt***
Chareltje-Spit-11am sat mn........................17
haitch40-Spit-11am sat mn Belgium..............Forfeit, SNOWOLF acted as replacement pilot-44 TOP GUN, his 2nd
marty09123-g6-11am sat mn UK..................15
varcus2-f4-11am sat mn France...................16
skeii-LA7-3am fri nt USA.............................19
lost_cause64-LA5-5am fri nt USA..................18

--------------------------------------------------BREAK------------------------------------------------------

***Heat 7:4pm Sat aft***
SubaruGaz-Spit-10pm sat nt UK...................Forfeit, too busy with aliens vs. predator
Mirgervin-Spit-10pm sat nt UK.....................Forfeit
R3CKON1NG_FORCE-G6-5pm sat aft USA........40
reaper1526_Hurricaine-10pm sat nt UK...........Forfeit
edal86-Hurricaine-2pm sat aft USA................Forfeit
ARkozz-g6-2pm sat aft USA--------filler pilot----------61 TOP GUN

***Heat 8:5pm Sat aft*** Another good heat! Replacement McKinneyJD had 48
Dinho28-Spit-11pm sat nt UK........................52
SubaruGaz-Spit-11pm sat nt UK....................Forfeit-still too busy-out of competition
R3CKON1NG_FORCE-g6-6pm sat nt USA..........19
edal86-Hurricaine-3pm sat aft USA.................Forfeit-out of competition
reaper1526-Hurricaine-11pm sat nt UK............Forfeit-out of competition
tagemandbagem-YAK3-11pm sat nt Ireland......71 TOP GUN

***Heat 9:6pm Sat aft*** Hard fought, excellent fight!
Dinho28-Spit-12am sat nt UK..........................42
ARkozz-g6-12am sat nt UK-------------filler pilot--------------ARkozz replaced SaburaGaz and got 46
Olife-Spit-12am sat nt France.........................42
McKinneyJD-g6-6pm sat nt USA.......................23
winny1973-k4-12am sat nt UK..........................7
tagemandbagem-YAK3-12am sat nt Ireland.........50 TOP GUN, his 2nd

***Heat 10:7pm Sat nt*** DAMN IT! ARkozz wins tiebreaker with 15 deaths to WhiteRhinos 16. What a contest!
scortgt-Spit-8pm sat nt USA............................Forfeit
Olife-Spit-1am sat nt France............................Forfeit
cep34-Spit-6pm sat nt USA..............................61
xXWhiteRhinoXx-g6-1am sat nt UK.....................65
winny1973-k4-1am sat nt UK.............................0
ARkozz-g6-5pm sat aft USA..............................65 TOP GUN, his 2nd

***Heat 11:8pm Sat nt***Anticlimatic
cep34-Spit-7pm sat nt USA.............................24
scortgt-Spit-9pm sat nt USA............................Forfeit-out of the competition
ARkozz-g6-6pm sat nt USA..............................33
xXWhiteRhinoXx-g6-2am sat nt UK.....................48 TOP GUN
McKinneyJD-g6-8pm sat nt USA.........................14
lost_cause64-LA5-8pm sat nt USA.....................6

--------------------------------------------------BREAK-------------------------------------------------------

Round 2

***Heat 1: 3pm central*** SNOWOLF hit 100!!!! Ended the game. In a Hurricaine!!! gordon screaming lag! Dinho and WhiteRhino hitting each other with body blows. FUCKIN AWESOME MATCH!

Captain SNOWOLF Hurricaine - .................100
Captain Dinho- Spit- ...............................72
Captain WhiteRhino- 109g6- .....................67
Captain SINNSR- Spit-..............................37
Captain waterman- 109g6..........................9
Captain gordonvembu-LA5..........................19

I will begin rescheduling activty tomorrow, Monday. It's been a very long weekend and I'm not up to the task right now. Good things come from bad, though. Now ARkozz can stay in the tourney.

Last edited by lost cause; 02-22-2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Looks like it'll be a good one
Old 02-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

OK, seeing it's not head to head I'll take the 109-K4. Bringing this from your other thread, Saturday night is perfect, around 12 am but if needed I'm usually on till around 3-4 am.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

Default Which console?

Xbox 360 or PS3 mate?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

They have 36 pilots.......must be PS3 exclusive with that number taking part....
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 AM
lost cause

Sorry guys. PS3. OK xxsilencexx. You are competing against the other 109s scores. Your goal is to be the top 109 pilot by score. Got you down for your two battles Friday night/Saturday morning. About 2 hours total then just watch this page to see where you are.

Last edited by lost cause; 02-15-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

remember me for mastery of the spit ix (and going down in flames when i used to play against Edal anyone else miss him?)
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
lost cause

All pilots, please use YOUR time when talking to me. I know the time zones. I will adjust as I need to. I am putting together the schedule and will post it Wednesday or Thursday. I have sent all of you a message on your PS3 asking for plane choice, time zone, and what times you can fly this Saturday. I check my PS3 continually for your responses. I am starting the tournament Saturday morning at 12am central us time. I have all day set aside for this and will get you guys in battles with no problem. I only have about half of you guys responding so far. I will put a list up tonight.

One more time for clarity. Please use YOUR time when telling me your schedule. I will adjust.

Last edited by lost cause; 02-16-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
All pilots, please use YOUR time when talking to me. I know the time zones. I will adjust as I need to. I am putting together the schedule and will post it Wednesday or Thursday. I have sent all of you a message on your PS3 asking for plane choice, time zone, and what times you can fly this Saturday. I check my PS3 continually for your responses. I am starting the tournament Saturday morning at 12am central us time. I have all day set aside for this and will get you guys in battles with no problem. I only have about half of you guys responding so far. I will put a list up tonight.

One more time for clarity. Please use YOUR time when telling me your schedule. I will adjust.
Got your PSN message. HI all!
As I read the post that I have quoted I got some flashbacks lol. I truly know the effort that you are putting into this, best of luck.

* I will support you by joining as a way to say thank you to all that have supported me before but I have to admit that I wont be aiming too high

** Hey, my friend. You took out the Hurricane because no one was choosing it, I want to fly that bird It brings me back good memories hehe, dont undertand the rules that well yet but I will go over them more. If you allow me to fly the Hurricane, will you assign me to the spit, Bf109, or La type?

PSN: edal86
Plane (order of choice): Hurricane, Yak-3, MC 202 (none are allowed I know but those are the only ones that I am interested in flying :S)
GMT-8: Saturday I can play any time from 12pm-4pm, then from 11pm until the sun rises , did I mention Pacific Time?

Last edited by edal86; 02-16-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
lost cause

Great to have you aboard edal. Been a long time meeting you! OK, Hurricaine. I think it is reaper1526 who wants to fly the dang thing also. If you and him want it, I won't stop you. Good luck! Watch for the schedule real soon.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm very tired and losing sleep. My wife is tolerating it OK. It is very difficult, but I am so excited I can hardly concentrate at work! It will all be worth it. I believe some of the finest pilots in the game have signed on and it ought to be one hell of a slugfest!!!!!

I will assign you to the LA's. I would go with all English with the Spit but there are twice as many Spits as the other two. So far, the LAs are getting the short end. So that's where you will go. I have to warn you, though. You'll have to beat me!!!!!!!

I have another thread with more info on the rules called "my poll will result in a deathmatch". Read that for a better explanation.

Last edited by lost cause; 02-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.