Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPappy View Post
Indeed, seeing the enemy is one thing and having the ability to keep him in sight is another. I noticed that it's VERY difficult to BnZ, even with a superior climbing plane like a Spitfire IX. I just keep losing sight of the enemy.

I do like energy fighting and I noticed I really haven't been keeping my eyes on my speed. For the Spitfire II, I think the sweet spot for turning is around 175 - 185 mph. It's VERY hard to keep it there, but I noticed my turning has imporved a little ever since I've been trying to keep my speed in that area.

All this time, I've been turning at 200 mph when pulling up from the ground and < 140 mph when at the top of a loop. Big no-no.
If you want a superior climbing plane in BOP try the la7.

If you can't fight for team USSR before March, let us know ASAP cause we'll be short a player.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

I have tried the La-7 and I like it. Does it actually climb better than the Spitfire IX though?

I tend to stay with my classisc Spit II though Anyway, due to the nature of my program, I won't be playing the tourney or anything until after March.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

It climbs better than anything in BOP by far. It is fast. Spit 9's are not so fast.

In fact, the la7's hp/lb in BOP is so much higher than any other plane it's almost ridiculous.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

Indeed, well that does tell us one thing. The Spitfire IX we have in-game is a Merlin 61-equipped Spitfire F.Mk.IX. Any LF.Mk.IX, equipped with a Merlin 66, should easily outclimb the La-7 at all altitudes.

In addition, the Spitfire XVI, essentially an LF.Mk.IX will also out climb the La-7. But based on the uber nature of the Russian planes in this game, I assume this is not the case. After all, the XVI rolls worse than the IX, which makes no sense either.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 AM
lost cause

I'm with ya SgtPappy. It really doesn't matter what you fly against these bad boys, though. They are a level up on us. I do believe that practise does make us better. So I'm flyin against 'em anyway! I feel like Custer sayin that! Team dogfights and lots of players in dogfight help your chances. The more targets for them, the better chance of getting kills undetected. Goin one on one is suicide. Try to avoid it. And NEVER EVER fly straight!!!!!!!!!!!