Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Default "<Select> to continue is a lie?

I'm running IL-2 BOP on the PS3, and I have a serious problem. I've never gotten the game to continue a mission in Campaign mode. I *want* to try landing on my own, or shooting down All The Bombers In The World, but the game always ends the mission. I've tried everything I could think of, from holding down the <select> button, to tapping it repeatedly, up to and including remapping all functionality away from <select> in the custom control layout to make sure it's not confusing my "I want to continue the mission!" input for "Toggle the gear, please!"

I'd like to find out if it's even possible to continue a mission or not. I'm not the only one with this problem, either; my brother also has the game for the PS3 and has the same issue. I've searched all through this forum for any clues and haven't found any. Anyone have any input?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleet01 View Post
I'm running IL-2 BOP on the PS3, and I have a serious problem. I've never gotten the game to continue a mission in Campaign mode. I *want* to try landing on my own, or shooting down All The Bombers In The World, but the game always ends the mission. I've tried everything I could think of, from holding down the <select> button, to tapping it repeatedly, up to and including remapping all functionality away from <select> in the custom control layout to make sure it's not confusing my "I want to continue the mission!" input for "Toggle the gear, please!"

I'd like to find out if it's even possible to continue a mission or not. I'm not the only one with this problem, either; my brother also has the game for the PS3 and has the same issue. I've searched all through this forum for any clues and haven't found any. Anyone have any input?

Thanks!
simple answer DONT PRESS THE SELECT BUTTTON pressing it ends the mission not pressing it continues it
Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

LOL yeah - it means "press select to continue to menus"
Old 02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

If you mean when it says press select to continue the mission, it only does that in a few of them, and it only lets you land in two of them.

The only mission where you really get to do anything by continuing is Red Skies of Dover. There you can finish off the rest of the stukas for extra points and then go land. One other Britain mission lets you land also. The rest of the "continue missions" just tell you to leave the engagement area.

The best way to practice landings is in training. There's airfields in the britain maps, and Sicily the Coast, and Stalingrad. The Stalingrad fields are near the city of Gumrak, and near Stalingrad itself, so you can find them on the map. Easiest airfield is Manston in Britain where you could land a 747. Pick a slow or badly armed opponent, like an i-153, or one that won't be able to strafe you on the ground like a me-162. Then you can ignore them for a while and concentrate on the landings and takeoffs. If you train against bombers, they'll drop bombs on you if you land.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Registered Member

Default cannot continue campaign missions

I am having this problem also on the PS3. None of the answers posted fit what I am experiencing. No matter what you do, you cannot continue a mission. Waiting, hitting select, unmapping select, none of it works. Any other ideas?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

all i do is press it once within the 10 seconds
Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

Default Bug fix for custom layout on PS3

It appears this is a problem when you create custom controls for the PS3 controller. When you use an existing control mapping, Select to Continue will work. If you create any Custom Mapping, you cannot "Select" to continue any missions.

If the CHECK YES / CHECK NO, method is used you CAN continue the mission. Such as landing to pick up the downed pilot from an Italian field. Not sure where to report bugs on this beach though.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Default yeah heckle is right

To continue w/ custom controls, they won't do it. Sucks b/c after IL-2 exp, I'm used to custom.

But default controls will allow select to work. This is after the patch. I'm using PS3 version.

Last edited by hiro; 12-15-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro View Post
To continue w/ custom controls, they won't do it. Sucks b/c after IL-2 exp, I'm used to custom.

But default controls will allow select to work. This is after the patch. I'm using PS3 version.
If it's important enough for you, you can always change your controls back to default while in game, press option and the controls. Once you've done with it what you needed you can change back to your custom layout. Painful procedure but will work. Some people do this when they want to land at short airfields, since there are no brakes under custom layout.

Good luck,

MAC