Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: How would You like Teams to be Organized?
VAS Squadron vs Everyone Else 12 36.36%
VAS & Penor Flight vs Everyone Else 2 6.06%
Fresh, Random Teams (both equal in player skills, and numbers) 19 57.58%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Mirgervin used an LA5 (I think - could have been a 7) all the way up to the semi-finals. And pretty much every match I played was against an LA. Spitfire vs LA is manageable, just, in 1v1, but when it's more, the Spits get owned.

You give me another reason why the UK team enthusiasm dropped off so sharply while there were so many USSR players always wiling to play?
Mirgervin could have chosen to fly the LA5 in the final, and if it's so superior, as you claim, he would have. The fact is, what little turn advantage the LA has is neutralised by the Spits firepower.

All the USSR players would have flown Spits or even Hurricanes if they had to, just to get a game. The UK team didn't want to play from the beginning and that showed by the fact there were only one or two on regularly, excluding Edal, right from the start.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

This thread is kind of beating a dead horse at this point, time to move on

Check the "ladder discussion" thread, I've written a prototype ruleset, about 1 page, based on what has been suggested so far, check it out and post comments, suggestions for additions/subtractions, and so forth.

Starting the formation of teams now would help get the rules done. Teams of 3 or 4, the only restriction being possibly no two team members ranked top 8 in the same leaderboard mode, for balance