Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Default 1st Stalingrad level

I started first stalingrad mission, and soon as i got in the level the engine stopped, so i bailed out n started again, I put the nose down and the engine did it again, bailed out again, chased a couple 109s then the engine died again, it only happens on this level. anyone else having this problem?? Im playing on realistic
Old 10-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswar View Post
I started first stalingrad mission, and soon as i got in the level the engine stopped, so i bailed out n started again, I put the nose down and the engine did it again, bailed out again, chased a couple 109s then the engine died again, it only happens on this level. anyone else having this problem??
There's your problem . Perfectly stated. The I-16 didn't have fuel injectors, so it couldn't handle negative G's too well. Avoid those and it shouldn't happen again.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

The level of detail in this game is extreme, especially for a console title. Impressive !
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draupnir2 View Post
The level of detail in this game is extreme, especially for a console title. Impressive !
Some might disagree . Try IL-2 on PC, that's extreme reality . Still, for a console game it does a pretty good job.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Im an IL2 on PC fan, an an active player on- and off-line for many years.
But, as my family grow I had to give up PC as a gaming platform and turned to X360. That gives the opportunity for quick gaming sessions, and now even IL-2 sessions ! It also runs at acceptable rates, even with much going on, and great graphics detail.

I agree that the PC version is better, but for a console it miles ahead of any similar title, and ground textures are a huge upgrade from past. Maybe personal taste, but anyway...