Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Default ace combat assault horizon last trailer

looks nice and good

http://youtu.be/-Xlg2rrP5jY
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

It does look good, really good. I just hope it "feels" better than Hawx.

I've never played an Ace Combat title, can anyone comment on previous installments in the series?

StiC
Old 08-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

StiC,

Ace Combat is HANDS DOWN the best flight combat game series out there when it comes to modern jet fighters!!! I got my flight combat wings on the Ace Combat series, dating all the way back to Air Combat (the first game of the series, before they changed it to Ace Combat) on the PS1. In fact, until BoP, the Ace Combat games were the ONLY flight combat games I would buy because they were so good!!! I've had them all with the exception of Ace Combat 3 and Ace Combat 6 (Xbox only) and each one was better than the last with one exception. In my opinion the best one so far was Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, which had a GREAT story line behind it, but the one that came after, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War (essentially a prequel to Unsung War) while still a great game, just didn't pull me in the way Unsung War did, story-wise anyway. Since the series has hit PS2, they have done a great job of adding a real since of purpose to the games with intriguing story lines and of course great game play and apparently Assault Horizon (which has been stated is not a true sequel, hence no numerical designation) has recruited a best selling author to pen the story for this upcoming iteration.

So basically, if you're a fan of flight combat, you can't go wrong with the Ace Combat series, so hurry up and get your copy as mine is already paid for, lol! Hope to see you in the skies StiC with many others who frequent this forum as well, lol!

Last edited by RuffMonk; 08-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x..mission complete
Old 08-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

hello!

totally agree with RuffMonk!!!!!complete exact comment!!
the general note for all the ace combat games i did go from 14/20 to 18/20 according the different ace combat games i did!!
hope we will play togheter cause for sure i will buy it!!
Stic,u can buy this game,u will be not disappointed!!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Ace Combat is great, It's no BoP when it comes to realism, (Is this one set in Euraisa or whatever it's called?) but..

It still flys pretty well and is rewarding if you know what you're doing and can also be just an arcade shooter if you don't. The plane models are usually very good looking too.

I've never really seen the point of Modern Jet sims.. I like shooting stuff down with guns rather than from 30 miles away with a missile, Ace combat is a good halfway house. A bit silly, but still feels pretty good (it's all about feel with flight games). I hope they haven't gone too HAWX-y with it.

I'm looking forward to buying it tho.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

@ winny

I do know that one of the main focuses for this one will be close ranged kills! Now how they're going to do that, I don't have a clue, but I must say I am intrigued. As for the locales, I do believe I heard/read somewhere that this game will have some real world counterparts as far as locations, but don't quote me on that, lol!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedog74 View Post
square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x square,x..mission complete
I agree w Davedog, an air combat game should be more than just pretty visuals and mashing buttons. Ace Combat was waaay too arcady for my taste.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

0:21 LOL Just like that Top Gun game Trailer. What is with these Phoenix missiles acting like sidewinders. I know its not ment to be totaly realistic but come on. Phoenix were useless for anything less than 2 miles and used speed not manuverability to hit the target

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Thanks guys.

After watching more vids I'm going to take the wait and see approach. I will check reviews, try the demo and rent it for a few days before I commit.

StiC