Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Yea, its not really the game itself I dislike, its the graphics. Honestly they give me a headache. I dont like the feel or look of the game.

And since you guys say there is a hardcore mode, That would make up for my complaint about the multiple shot kills.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Woah! Before you knock the graphics, understand that the game is running low res textures for the demo. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME LOOKS!

LINK

I'm having a good time playing it. Haven't had a chance to fly the heli, but I've got some good time into it, and it is a vast improvement over BC1. Only issue is this: if you're NOT playing w/ friends, and your team is a bunch of Helen Keller types, prepare to be owned.

TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK.

Hell, I spend half the game as a medic reviving people; it's fun as hell on its own! LOL
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzwendel View Post
Woah! Before you knock the graphics, understand that the game is running low res textures for the demo. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME LOOKS!

LINK

I'm having a good time playing it. Haven't had a chance to fly the heli, but I've got some good time into it, and it is a vast improvement over BC1. Only issue is this: if you're NOT playing w/ friends, and your team is a bunch of Helen Keller types, prepare to be owned.

TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK, TEAMWORK.

Hell, I spend half the game as a medic reviving people; it's fun as hell on its own! LOL
Fritz, are you on the 360? if so, please add me. I'm an Engineer, oh, and expect to be killed

I allready finished the DEMO and got all weapons and Up-grades.
Did you Pre-order it? I did. I got the Limited Edition. M1 Garand, Tommy Gun and .45 Pistol included. it's time for some oldskool Ass Kickin' Who-Hoo!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

I was going to get Mass Effect 2, but this one has claimed my money.

Yes, my GT is HOTHAND 283.

I'm going to pre-order it on my day off tomorrow.

As for MW2, I'm a huge Cod fan, but the latest care pack glitch is game breaking; I don't want to have 2 teams on opposite sides of the map glitching in kill streak rewards the entire game.

LAME.

If there's one thing I like in COD more than BF games, it's the down sight animation: very smooth and fluid. STILL not there yet, DICE.
Also, turn up the sensitivity in the BF2 demo. It makes a huge difference.

And finally, MORE 1943 DLC!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Fritz, check you console. I just sended you my Invite true Xbox.com.

I'm an European so that means that we life in differant time zones. yet, i am on call 24-7. ( Not when im a sleep that is....)

I HATE Moderwarfare. i knew it from the start that that game would let down allot of people.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

I dont feel let down by MW2 at all, and it is true that the sighting system is another one of my complaints about BF. Perhaps I will try it again if a friend gets the game, but i can no longer stand to play the demo at all. COD is far more smooth and polished.

SO is there really a Hardcore setting for BF? If not, then im definatly not playing it again.

I can see where the game could be really fun, but its just got nagging things about it. That and the incredibly long matches.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the discussion.

Battlefield and CoD games cannot be compared in terms of gameplay. They are almost entirely different genres if you think about it.
Battlefield focuses on a more war-like experience, you work as a team and have various roles for supporting one another.
Whereas CoD games essentially let us play as John Mcclane but with a bigger choice of weapons. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not the same at all.

In response to a few comments/questions raised in this topic:
- Prone - This won't be added as it slows down gameplay and encourages camping. Unlike CoD, a sniper isn't a lone-ranger fighting for himself, he is supposed to follow the squad (at a distance of course) and provide support.

- Damage - Play hardcore mode, simple as that. Health is reduced, making 1 shot kills possible with the sniper. (not that it's actually more realistic, just a more deadly style of gameplay when cover is actually useful and not an obstacle)

- Graphics - As someone else pointed out, the high-end graphics are unable to be seen yet, so do not judge the graphics based solely on the beta.

- Realism - Neither game even comes close to being realistic. If you want realism, try playing OFP (original..not dragon rising) or one of the ArmA games... I could rant for hours on how much more realistic they are when compared to the other FPS' out there, but i won't waste your time.

So what i'm trying to say is, these games are not in competition with one another. The fans want different things.
If you want to jump into a game and start killing instantly, and don't want to have to utilise teamwork, stick with CoD.
If you've got a group of friends and like working as a team, stick with Battlefield.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of either of these franchises. I've been a "mil-sim" player for too long, and the slower pace makes me almost useless in these crazy fast-paced shooters. That being said, it's still fun to jump in occasionally and give it a go.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth finger View Post
What i really wish is they'd make an exact remake of BF2 but in frostbite......awesome. I hope theres atleast one city map in bc2
There is I played on in the ps3 beta.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the discussion.

Battlefield and CoD games cannot be compared in terms of gameplay. They are almost entirely different genres if you think about it.
Battlefield focuses on a more war-like experience, you work as a team and have various roles for supporting one another.
Whereas CoD games essentially let us play as John Mcclane but with a bigger choice of weapons. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not the same at all.

In response to a few comments/questions raised in this topic:
- Prone - This won't be added as it slows down gameplay and encourages camping. Unlike CoD, a sniper isn't a lone-ranger fighting for himself, he is supposed to follow the squad (at a distance of course) and provide support.

- Damage - Play hardcore mode, simple as that. Health is reduced, making 1 shot kills possible with the sniper. (not that it's actually more realistic, just a more deadly style of gameplay when cover is actually useful and not an obstacle)

- Graphics - As someone else pointed out, the high-end graphics are unable to be seen yet, so do not judge the graphics based solely on the beta.

- Realism - Neither game even comes close to being realistic. If you want realism, try playing OFP (original..not dragon rising) or one of the ArmA games... I could rant for hours on how much more realistic they are when compared to the other FPS' out there, but i won't waste your time.

So what i'm trying to say is, these games are not in competition with one another. The fans want different things.
If you want to jump into a game and start killing instantly, and don't want to have to utilise teamwork, stick with CoD.
If you've got a group of friends and like working as a team, stick with Battlefield.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of either of these franchises. I've been a "mil-sim" player for too long, and the slower pace makes me almost useless in these crazy fast-paced shooters. That being said, it's still fun to jump in occasionally and give it a go.
I can't get into the rush mode, It just isn't Bf to me. I like to creep and stalk and use tactics and the rush mode kills that for me. I'm just glad that full conquest will be read on release day this time around. I don't understand why Dice is pushing this rush mode so much. I personally think having rush mode in the demo hurts the franchise and hurts bringing new players in to the game.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Both BC and BC 2 do make MW 2 look even more suckier.

Operation Flashpoint makes all other FP shooters look small and limited.

The best COD 3 with COD 2 being the next best.

On of the largest maps in MW 2 is a reused COD 2 map called "Brecourt", which is the smallest map in COD 2 and the largets in MW 2.

COD started to loose its way and go downhill from COD 4 onwards and is now aimed at kids who prefer arena fights on cramped maps rather than realism.

I'll buy BC 2 because I like and the original and the demo is OK.

They do seem to have fixed the "Knife Forcefield" glitch that plagued BC.

Most of the team I usually play OFP and BC with are serving millitary or ex-millitary and we play in BC as a giant coordinated party team. We've had 12 in a team all on one cooridinated team.... and we dominate the games we play in.

None of them like MW 2 and have traded it in pretty soon after wasting their money on it.

Ironically most of us met up playing COD 3, which does encourage close team cooperation and orginisation to win a CF game.

Last edited by Panzergranate; 02-03-2010 at 02:49 AM.