Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2...anyone try the demo?

I noticed it was on the 360 dashboard so I went ahead and downloaded it.....

To be honest, i was not very impressed. The only thing I really liked was the ability to use any vehicle. Also the environment was destructable, and there are a lot of weapons available.....here is where the good ends.......

I hated the graphics more than anything else. I could not believe I was playing on an XBOX 360 to be honest...The guns looked fake and blocky. They also fired no tracers. It seems like the whole game runs in slow motion, I dont know whats up with that.

It just seems like this game still needs A LOT of work, I hope the real game is not as bad as the demo. I could add to my complaint list, but I dont feel like it because there is far more I dont like then I do.

I was wondering if anyone else has played the demo and has similar feelings.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

i tried it too,cant make my mind up about it at all.i tried it on my hdtv an it look okayish but tried on a normal tv an its really unplayable you can hardly see anyone,not good at all,im hoping that it looks like a mess because its early code from a while back .also why the hell cant you go prone???DICE have said they aint even gona put that in.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

so bad company 2 is rubish wish they would bring out dlc for bf1943

by the way i tried call of duty for the first time in my life last night (i have missed alot) and i like it
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
so bad company 2 is rubish wish they would bring out dlc for bf1943

by the way i tried call of duty for the first time in my life last night (i have missed alot) and i like it
Yea, I have every COD since 3...and I only play on hardcore....Battlefield 2 doesnt even come close to it.

I could try battlefield 1943...do people still play it?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post
I noticed it was on the 360 dashboard so I went ahead and downloaded it.....

To be honest, i was not very impressed. The only thing I really liked was the ability to use any vehicle. Also the environment was destructable, and there are a lot of weapons available.....here is where the good ends.......

I hated the graphics more than anything else. I could not believe I was playing on an XBOX 360 to be honest...The guns looked fake and blocky. They also fired no tracers. It seems like the whole game runs in slow motion, I dont know whats up with that.

It just seems like this game still needs A LOT of work, I hope the real game is not as bad as the demo. I could add to my complaint list, but I dont feel like it because there is far more I dont like then I do.

I was wondering if anyone else has played the demo and has similar feelings.
I liked BF:BC1, it was fun for a short while in both SP and MP. Conversely, I've spent more time playing the BF:BC2 BETA on PS3 than I did with the entirety of the first game.

I haven't been able to get into the PC BETA yet, but your post, and others I've read is beginning to worry me a bit as to how much they've changed the game since the PS3 BETA last year. We were playing with an old build and there were lots of placeholder textures for the guns and some environment but it still looked better than the previous game. There were also tracer rounds for almost all the weapons and more importantly you could drop enemies with only two or three well placed bursts. I can only assume now we were all playing in the Hardcore mode.

I guess I'll have to wait for the PSN demo on Thursday to see how much it's changed.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

just had a quick go on it an why does it seem to take ages to kill someone?i headshoted a guy 3 times before he dropped
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

What are you Guys taking about !?!

The Demo of Bad Company 2 is AMAZING!! I love it, i even Pre-orderd the Limited Edition couple a days ago!

you simply need to get in toutch with the style and gameplay that this game has, and you'll love it too. i assure you!

You dont need to Take Bad Company seriuosly since it is a simply Shooter with allot've fun in it, and thats why i love it? other games are just ''shoot 'em up'' while BC2 is far from that. it is a Shoot em up with the best Humor in i have seen!

the challenge that the Demo forces you is to play it for a long time to unlock all the other weapons that are available in the demo. the demo it self is an Honest one to. No one gets beyond Rank 2 so that way makes Players Equal to other players who just begun playing. it is that simple?

People will get real sneaky and capeble of pulling off Trick that aren't possible in other Games.

In BFBC2 you are also allowed to Up-grade your vehicle with better armor and weapons.
You gain Coaxial Machine Guns for the M1A1 Abraham, The T90R Russian MBT, and has inproved radar, and Tons of Other stuff.

I think it is Un-fair that you dont play a game with out playing it for awhile?

you'll love it. beleive me.

I'll see you on the Battlefield Soldier!

P.S This game also has the Best Quotes in a video Game too!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

thats another thing if you buy the special edition you get some upgrades right away.you dont have to bother unlocking them,fair???nope as the upgrades are

Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.

Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.

Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.

M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

so right away if you get in a vehicle you get an unfair advantage
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Guys, the bc2 demo is teh AWESOMEZZ!!!!!!! Seriously. I cant wait! Much better than BC1 and so much better (imo) than mw2

/edit didnt see your post redisblack. right on. Ill be sending you a FR
Old 02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

that might be nice and all. but most of the stuff arent there available in the demo, Yet?

The Tracer dart Gun is in the Demo but need to be unlocked before you can use it?

''Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.''

yeah, this is in the demo aswell. I'd Like to Know how you use the Tanks Coaxial Machine gun?
I've seen it, and i have been killed by it several times but it doesnt work when im in a tank?

The M1a1 Thompson, The 1911 .45 Colt and the m1 Garand arent playeble in the demo.

vehicle motion sencer is allso not in the demo.

After all, you have the controller in you hands and you decide if you life or not?

I play the Demo atleast 5 Hours a day, I love it I have BC1, and i guess that game made me an addict for Bad Company.