Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

Default 332nd Fighter Group

B17 Pilot: Watz up?
B17 tailgunner: Hope not another german bandit!

Looking forward to see this film, I just hope for a couple of things
1) that Cuba Gooding Jr makes it to the end of the movie or dies singing the whole 99th FG battle march anthem.
2) that the dogfights look realistic, unlike Tuskegee Airmen where P51 D dogfight without fuel tanks, but later on clim up with the bombers with new fuel tanks attached. Jajaja
3) apropriate planes for the apropriate squadron, I mean 99th North Africa= P40s, 99th Italy = Tunderbolts, and 332nd P51 Mustang (C,B, and D). That its all from the looks of the trailer, we heading into a good start.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Approved Member

i dont know...saw the preview on the TV for it. supposed to hit the theaters the 20th. some of the maneuvers the planes are doing will probably ruin it for me....a 262 doing a barrel roll tighter than a red bull racer...a 51 recovering from a climbing stall within 50 feet and smoke a kraut. i was actually hoping for something more realistic more. will probably wait for pay per view on this one....tho seeing it on the big screen would add a lot. sincerely hope i am wrong but have the nagging feeling i am not.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

As I said before, some suspension of disbelief is required. I bargain that more than 75 percent of the people that see Red Tails won't have any idea what you're talking about. I'm sure lawyers hate court room movies/shows and doctors hate medical movies/shows, but sometimes it's nice to sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Some will naturally be CGI, it has to be because we simply don't have the means to have hundreds of B17's etc flying about getting shot up haha.

But for the film, real P51's were used alot, they were painted up to represent the authentic squadrons and flown to Prague i believe.

Here's a clip -
Watch from 53 seconds and also watch from 1:23, wow

Personally i cant wait for this film, i need a break from the chick flicks the Mrs makes me see.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Excellent article on USAToday.com today. It gives me a lot of faith in this film.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...men/52378382/1
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for sharing Crash.

To qoute Lucas - "It's all left over from me being 10 years old." The excact reason I love BoP. And I'm sure I'll love this movie. And maybe it will hit a few 10 year olds with aw even these days. Who knows... It may be a good recruiter to BoS
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Thanks for sharing Crash.

To qoute Lucas - "It's all left over from me being 10 years old." The excact reason I love BoP. And I'm sure I'll love this movie. And maybe it will hit a few 10 year olds with aw even these days. Who knows... It may be a good recruiter to BoS
Haha... Red Tails -- the best possible unintentional advertisement for Birds of Steel?

Gaijin better get the P-51 flight model right and better throw in a 332nd "Red Tails" paint scheme in.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Little more than a week to release. I won't be able to see it until the 22nd, but I'll be seeing it for sure. I haven't looked forward to a movie's release like this since the Coen brothers' take on True Grit.

It's strange to me to see some of the negative responses to the trailers from people that I have no reason to, for lack of a better word, be haters. People are just so damn cynical these days. No one can just go enjoy a movie... and yet the same discerning public enjoys drivel like Napoleon Dynamite and SAW (insert number here).

Early reaction to True Grit wasn't all positive, but I anticipated that I'd like it and thus enjoyed seeing it. I feel the same way about Red Tails.

Last edited by CrashLanding; 01-14-2012 at 10:06 PM.