Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Default Make games longer!

Hi,

I know that the majority of MOW players like short games, 30-40 minutes. Me and my friends prefer long games! I don't want any time pressure when I play a game, I enjoy playing for hours. I think the time limit set to 90 minutes is so useless! Why stop us from playing long games if we want to? Is there any thought at all behind this? I mean if most players prefer short games set the time limit to 40 minutes that's great but why not add the option 'unlimited'?

Is there anyway to remove the timelimit, a hack or something?

A second thing that bothers me in this great game is weapon drops. In Soldiers Heroes of World war 2 the weapons stayed on ground forever, in this game it dissapear after a while. Adding a setting for this like in SHWW2 would be great! The same goes for tanks and corpses, I want to see the destruction on my battlefields! I know some computers can't handle too many bodies & weapons on the ground, but most can so a setting for this would be great.

Other than that, 5 star game
Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

the weapons are still there press tab to show them
Old 04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

yup but only for 5 mins or so..
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy

yes I like to use knoked out tanks for cover so I put men behind them, and move on to another part of the battlefield, when I come back to them the tank has disapeared and the men are probably dead or voulnrable. most annoying. Clear bodies but leave other stuff where it is.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

There is a reason for all this...

The reason they do not last forever is due to the game engine...
with SO many meshes in the game going all on all at once.. they have to clear them off for more to be send in reinforcements etc...

This is to keep the game playing very fast on non-brand-new computers.

yeah it would great to have every thing ever pile up.. but the game may get 85% slower in the process...

There are alot of small shortcuts and smart designs they have done in the engine to allow so many units going all at once...

Every unit and infantry is tied to sprites, fx and sounds... each consumes memory. Now if you have a 8gb 4 core system with a 1gb video card.. you probably could do this on a large battle and not clear the units/weapons but someone would have to try that and see what happens. I don't have a system beefy enough... (BUT it would be simple to mod it for SP)